Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104887
Forum Reputation : 143

Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Empty
PostSubject: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 am

Barry Williams, also known as Harry Street was a mass murderer that killed 5 people on 26 October 1978
The shooting

George Burkitt and his 20-year-old son Philip were working on Philip's Triumph Spitfire in front of their house.
At around 7pm, annoyed by the noise they were making, Williams shot them both with a 9mm Smith & Wesson semi-automatic pistol. George died immedietly. Phillip ran into the house wounded, Barry followed him into the house shot Phillip again killing him. Then Barry shot and killed George's wife Iris. He also wounded the Burkitt's daughter by shooting her four times in the thigh and once in the back, she survived.
Two other neighbors a couple was shot but survived, the injured were treated at Birmingham General Hospital.
After firing 23 rounds Williams fled by car, firing 6 more shots from a .22 pistol while he did so.
In Stanhurst Way he shot at two boys, aged 10 and 11, who were playing football, and at a woman, but missed them all.
Passing through Wednesbury he through a pair of windows to a barber shop and two houses, a nine-year-old girl was hurt by flying glass
He stopped for petrol in Walsall but he didn't pay.
At around 8:10pm Williams shot and killed another married couple, Michel and Lisa Di Maria, after stopping to use the petrol filling station which they ran, Arbury Road Service Station, at Stockingford, near Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Michel died in hospital Lisa died instantly.
Williams slept in the woods and was arrested after crashing his car after a 30 mile car chase
Police found 147 9mm and 770 .22 rounds in his car, along with the .22 calibre pistol which had a full magazine and a couple of homemade bombs
He was subsequently charged with five counts of murder. Two counts of attempted murder were ordered to lie on file

Release and later life
Williams was found to be Schizophrenic and was released in 1994 once doctors and a mental health tribunal decided that he was no longer a risk to the public. On release, he changed his name to Harry Street. In 2013 he started to harass his next door neighbor, the police searched his house during an investigation they found an improvised bomb, 50 homemade bullets, a revolver and two pistols. Bomb squad was called to make the bomb safe. In 2014 a show called The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door air an episode about him

In October 2014, he pleaded guilty to three charges of possessing a prohibited firearm, to putting a neighbour in fear of violence, and to making an improvised explosive device. He was sent to Ashworth Hospital where he was treated on recall from his previous detention, he later died of an heart attack on 24 December 2014

Source [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.

MilverSoxie and AmyistWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down
Koltin
Koltin

PostSubject: Re: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am

Going to bump this

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86128
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Koltin

PostSubject: Re: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 12:19 pm

bumping this again because it's relatively unknown.

EricsToastInTheCaf likes this post

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12847
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 3:46 pm

Quite an obscure yet interesting case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv   Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barry Williams a mass murderer that appeared on tv
Page 1 of 1