Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Empty
PostSubject: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:45 pm

I would like to thanks nerad69 for remembering Mohammad al-Nazari in the topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I had already read about al-Nazari, but never perceived that he shot two schools.

The story is:

The Sana'a school shooting was a school shooting where 6 people were killed by Mohammad Ahman al-Nazari in Sana'a, Yemen on 30 March 1997. Nazari was convicted for the killings and sentenced to death. He was executed a week later.

Mohammad Ahman al-Nazari was a 48-year-old resident of Sana'a, Yemen, and a veteran of the Soviet–Afghan War, where he had fought in the Mujahideen against the Soviet Union during their invasion of Afghanistan. Nazari's five children attended the Tala'i Private School in the Asbahi neighborhood of Sana'a, where it was alleged that one of his daughters had been molested by the school administrator, despite there being no evidence found to confirm this. Nazari had also previously been employed as a bus driver for Tala'i Private School and the nearby Musa Bin Nusayr School, but was fired for unknown reasons some time before the shooting.

Armed with an illegally obtained Kalashnikov assault rifle, Nazari waited at the school for the headmistress and killed her by shooting her in the head. After killing a cafeteria worker and injuring a bus driver who came to help, Nazari entered the school building and walked from classroom to classroom, shooting indiscriminately at teachers and students. Subsequently, he went to nearby Musa Bin Nusayr School, where he continued his shooting rampage.

Nazari killed a total of six people and wounded 12 others before he was eventually injured and arrested by police. After officially being declared sane, Nazari (whose name was also reported as being Hassan Ali al-Baadani or Muhammad Ahmad al-Naziri) was taken to trial where he was found guilty for the six murders, and sentenced to death the next day. Nazari's daughters had fought against the courts to appeal against their father's execution but lost.

On 5 April 1997, Nazari was executed by firing squad with five shots in the chest, in an empty lot located between the two schools where he had committed the shootings. After his execution, the initial sentence for Nazari's corpse to be crucified in a public area for three days was repealed, instead the corpse was kicked to a pulp by angry citizens and burned in the streets of Sana'a.

The daughter who was allegedly raped by the school administrator committed suicide five years later, while Nazari's other four children reportedly all died in a train accident in 2006.

Text from the Wikipedia article
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63883
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
After his execution, the initial sentence for Nazari's corpse to be crucified in a public area for three days was repealed, instead the corpse was kicked to a pulp by angry citizens and burned in the streets of Sana'a.

The daughter who was allegedly raped by the school administrator committed suicide five years later, while Nazari's other four children reportedly all died in a train accident in 2006.

Crucifixion? Are they blessing his corpse? His branch of the family tree got destroyed though.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 6:22 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
After his execution, the initial sentence for Nazari's corpse to be crucified in a public area for three days was repealed, instead the corpse was kicked to a pulp by angry citizens and burned in the streets of Sana'a.

Crucifixion? Are they blessing his corpse? His branch of the family tree got destroyed though.

Yeah I thought that was kinda odd. Talk about shitty luck.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 1:35 am

If his kid was really molested I can't really blame him but it would've been justified to just shoot the administrator, and it made no sense to shoot up the other school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:47 pm

I remember coming across the wiki article when I was about 11 or 12. Was one Middle-Eastern shooting I was interested in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:54 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
If his kid was really molested I can't really blame him but it would've been justified to just shoot the administrator, and it made no sense to shoot up the other school.

I think he shot up the other school to get revenge for being fired maybe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools   Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mohammad al-Nazari - the shooter who shot up two schools
Page 1 of 1