Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1 hour with...

Go down 
+7
Runes
cakeman
Adzybear
Amarantha
LadyStardust
true_crime
HanShotFirst
11 posters
AuthorMessage

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 pm

If for some magical reason you had the opportunity to spend an hour with either Eric or Dylan, who would you choose and why? I’d choose Eric because we know less of him since his family never spoke publicly about him. I’m not a psychology expert and one hour would probably not be enough for an evaluation but I’d like to see for myself if he was a psychopath or not.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64312
Forum Reputation : 1210

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 2:17 pm

What's the setting? Colorado? A place of our choosing? Do we have access to drugs? 

If the answer to the last two questions is 'yes' then I would force Dylan to do coke with me and then we would shitpost on 4chan

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Setting (and drugs) of your choice.
Back to top Go down

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:24 pm

I would actually spend an hour with Pekka Eric Auvinen, his manifesto was close to perfection.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58524
Forum Reputation : 296

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Dylan, because at his age I had some of the same symptoms of depression.

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51317
Forum Reputation : 387

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 pm

Are they alive or ghosts? I would definitely choose Eric. His personality intrigues me.
Back to top Go down

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 am

Alive.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72447
Forum Reputation : 211

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 2:30 am

Dylan, absolutely. He had an interesting take on being human for a guy his age, I would've liked to know more

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60811
Forum Reputation : 100

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 9:57 am

I'm with you Amarantha. Dylan for sure. To pick his brain for an hour? Wow

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Eric just because he'd be more likely to talk, while Dylan might be tight-lipped.
Back to top Go down
Runes

Runes

Contribution Points : 46883
Forum Reputation : 250

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Hmmm, probably Dylan.
I'm intrigued by him being so two faced.
I think Eric was really traumatized by them moving around so much and losing his friends over and over again because of that. He became rootless, hollow and ultimately very angry.
Dylan is more of a mystery to me..
Back to top Go down
FreeJust

Contribution Points : 44315

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Eric.
Dylan is more mysterious than Eric, you can’t get into his thoughts as easy as you can Eric...but how willing would Dylan be for new people? How accepting would he be of new people? I really feel like spending an hour with Dylan would be the equivalent of spending an hour with somebody who’s distracted by their cellphone.
Eric, on the other hand...his charisma alone would be enough to make the hour go by fast. He’d be more interested in being around someone new than Dylan would be.
At least that’s the vibe I get from the two of them, anyway, from what we’ve been able to gather and piece together.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am

FreeJust wrote:
Eric.
Dylan is more mysterious than Eric, you can’t get into his thoughts as easy as you can Eric...but how willing would Dylan be for new people? How accepting would he be of new people? I really feel like spending an hour with Dylan would be the equivalent of spending an hour with somebody who’s distracted by their cellphone.
Eric, on the other hand...his charisma alone would be enough to make the hour go by fast. He’d be more interested in being around someone new than Dylan would be.
At least that’s the vibe I get from the two of them, anyway, from what we’ve been able to gather and piece together.

I get that feeling about Dylan too. I know in Sue's book she said that Dylan was the kind of person who if you talked to him for a couple of minutes you'd invite him to your home for dinner. However, I agree, how open would he be to new people, especially towards the end? She also said if Dylan was forced to go to therapy he would have been more than capable just to sit their silently for an hour.

I am not sure if you would get the Dylan that his friends got. You might get calculus Dylan who falls asleep, is snarky and genuinely feels like he's better than you, so why the hell should he answer your stupid questions?

Contribution Points : 44315

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I am not sure if you would get the Dylan that his friends got. You might get calculus Dylan who falls asleep, is snarky and genuinely feels like he's better than you, so why the hell should he answer your stupid questions?
Exactly. I mean, they both thought they were above us “human shit,” but Eric at least seems more like he’d be willing to, if nothing else, get humor that he’s fooled you.
Back to top Go down
Dee86

Contribution Points : 42975

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Okay, this is my first ever post, so I hope I’m replying in the right place!
I’d definitely choose Eric. He is the more interesting of the two to me. Also, Dylan, in my opinion, is the far scarier guy and I wouldn’t be able to relax enough to ask him any worthwhile questions. I think it would be easier to have an A to B conversation with Eric. The more I learn about him the more I connect him to my own school days, things I went through and even guys I knew. I would choose this beautiful place in the mountains in Colorado and just make him sit on a rock and talk to me. If Dylan were there I’d be afraid every second that I’d end up thrown over the edge.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Dee86 wrote:
Okay, this is my first ever post, so I hope I’m replying in the right place!
I’d definitely choose Eric. He is the more interesting of the two to me. Also, Dylan, in my opinion, is the far scarier guy and I wouldn’t be able to relax enough to ask him any worthwhile questions. I think it would be easier to have an A to B conversation with Eric. The more I learn about him the more I connect him to my own school days, things I went through and even guys I knew. I would choose this beautiful place in the mountains in Colorado and just make him sit on a rock and talk to me. If Dylan were there I’d be afraid every second that I’d end up thrown over the edge.

Welcome and you're fine Smile

Dylan strikes me as scarier because how well he hid his anger and violence.

Eric was volatile, he never lashed out at people with his fists (just words) but he's punched walls, bombs were found in his room... he had red flags that he had pent up anger etc..

Contribution Points : 42975

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Thank you! 😊

Exactly! To me that makes Dylan seem more sinister and manipulative. Though I know that’s not necessarily a popular opinion. With Eric it was all there for anyone who wanted to really look. People knew he was full of anger and volatility. Dylan being able to present this “front” in a way that his friend couldn’t makes him seem far more of a psychopath than Eric to me. The evil thoughts seem to have originated from him, and then his deeply troubled and angry buddy comes along and decides it’s all a great idea.

Of course I might be wrong. I’m sure I don’t know half as much about them as a lot of the people who post here, that’s just my impression of him.
Back to top Go down

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 11:29 am

It's a Denver Broncos shirt; I'm sure it was mass produced.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Yes it was a Nike Pro-Line Denver Broncos sweatshirt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1 hour with... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 hour with...   1 hour with... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 hour with...
Page 1 of 1