Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andrew Golden killed in car crash

Go down 
+4
Screamingophelia
Primate Murder
true_crime
STK
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Andrew Golden killed in car crash Empty
PostSubject: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Article Link

Andrew Golden, one of the perpetrators of the Jonesboro school shooting, died last night in a car crash. Golden had changed his name to Drew Grant and living in a town not too far from where I live. I was actually not aware of this until reading the article.

This article is from a local news site for me. I live fairly close to Jonesboro, too. I've been seeing information about this all day. I can keep you guys updated if anything else is stated, but I don't really think anything will be. The article kind of covers it.

This article contains some other information surrounding Golden's life after the shooting. It appears that Golden tried to apply for a conceal carry permit in 2008, but was denied. There is also information about the depositions from the shootings.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73094
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Oh shit. Almost forgot about this guy.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58674
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 7:23 pm

I thought after he changed his name he moved to Missouri. Wasn’t that where he tried obtaining a gun permit? Ironically I was looking up that shooting yesterday for the post on here about which shooters had managed to escape.

EDIT: Looks like I was a bit mixed up. He tried obtaining the gun permit in Arkansas. However:

“Neither Golden nor Johnson was present for the court hearing, but Golden’s attorneys had signed a consent judgment form on their client’s behalf to avoid a trial.

In a news release, McDaniel said Johnson spent time in federal prison after completing his sentence for the shootings, and was located in Texas this year.

Golden has been living in Missouri under the assumed name of Drew Grant, according to McDaniel.”

Source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 7:54 pm

true_crime wrote:
I thought after he changed his name he moved to Missouri. Wasn’t that where he tried obtaining a gun permit? Ironically I was looking up that shooting yesterday for the post on here about which shooters had managed to escape.

EDIT: Looks like I was a bit mixed up. He tried obtaining the gun permit in Arkansas. However:

“Neither Golden nor Johnson was present for the court hearing, but Golden’s attorneys had signed a consent judgment form on their client’s behalf to avoid a trial.

In a news release, McDaniel said Johnson spent time in federal prison after completing his sentence for the shootings, and was located in Texas this year.

Golden has been living in Missouri under the assumed name of Drew Grant, according to McDaniel.”

Source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, he apparently lived near me in Missouri. He had a wife and kids. Guess you never know who lives nearby.

Seems like he went by Drew Grant but his name was Andrew Grant. So, he kept his first name. Not much of a change. Idk why he didn't change his name to something else entirely.

Some family has been making posts on Facebook as have some people who were affected by the shooting. Most people are posting things about karma.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64208
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 8:14 pm

I wonder how Mitchell Johnson is feeling right now.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Is Mitchell the one that was in an out of trouble with the law? Did they ever keep in touch?

It is real interesting the way people look at someone who is in middle school versus high school. Because he gets a lot more sympathy than Dylan and Dylan is somebody that is looked at as having mental health issues too.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 10:10 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
I wonder how Mitchell Johnson is feeling right now.

I wonder if they have had much contact since they got out of jail?
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58674
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Is Mitchell the one that was in an out of trouble with the law? Did they ever keep in touch?

It is real interesting the way people look at someone who is in middle school versus high school. Because he gets a lot more sympathy than Dylan and Dylan is somebody that is looked at as having mental health issues too.

Yeah he’s been back in court a few times. He’s been caught with pot a few times and once (I think?) he was caught with a handgun on him.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 3:19 am

hvernon wrote:
Some family has been making posts on Facebook as have some people who were affected by the shooting. Most people are posting things about karma.

"Karma". What a joke.

I don't think this was any kind of special "karma" at all, it could literally happen to any of us tomorrow.

AD 19-95

Contribution Points : 45219
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Last edited by AD 19-95 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:

"Karma". What a joke.

I don't think this was any kind of special "karma" at all, it could literally happen to any of us tomorrow.

I agree. I just happen to live close to the community affected by the shooting. Many people are not at all sympathetic about Golden dying because they were directly affected by the shooting. Golden had a wife and child that he left behind. These people don't seem to care that his wife or child could be reading these comments that they are posting. Some of them are really, really nasty comments.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 pm

hvernon wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:

"Karma". What a joke.

I agree. I just happen to live close to the community affected by the shooting. Many people are not at all sympathetic about Golden dying because they were directly affected by the shooting. Golden had a wife and child that he left behind. These people don't seem to care that his wife or child could be reading these comments that they are posting. Some of them are really, really nasty comments.

Huh, didn't really expect him to have fathered a child. I'm surprised a woman married him after what he did.

Yeah I kinda expect some people to be gravedancing over this but I think their insinuation that this is some sort of "karmic justice" to be flat out retarded. It's not like one of his former victims went out of their way to kill him outright. The fact that he was able to turn his life around enough to have married and had a kid tells me that it's not like he was a lost cause or deserved the worst punishment imaginable either.

I dunno, the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:10 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
hvernon wrote:

"Karma". What a joke.

Huh, didn't really expect him to have fathered a child. I'm surprised a woman married him after what he did.

Yeah I kinda expect some people to be gravedancing over this but I think their insinuation that this is some sort of "karmic justice" to be flat out retarded. It's not like one of his former victims went out of their way to kill him outright. The fact that he was able to turn his life around enough to have married and had a kid tells me that it's not like he was a lost cause or deserved the worst punishment imaginable either.

I dunno, the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.  

He had a toddler. His wife and child were in the car with him. They're going to be alright. But yeah, definitely not the guy you expect to have a child. Reading about him from locals that knew him, he seemed to be very prominent in his church. He played on the church's softball team. Seems like he was a born again Christian. The church he attended in one that's very heavy on the whole "born again" thing and forgiving your past life and sins. Wonder if they knew who he was?

It's totally weird to know that I probably met this dude in Wal-Mart while I was buying groceries. I had no idea that Golden was even living in the state. It seems like, judging from the comments on the local news site, a lot of people that did not know him were shocked to find he was living in their town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 6:29 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 85139
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Justice has been served.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 12:36 pm

James411 wrote:
Justice has been served.

Refer to my previous posts in this thread. This isn't justice, it's random chance, and didn't actually solve any problems, just create more of them.

DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 6:22 am

I didn't know he was dead. This is the first time I have ever read about this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Golden killed in car crash   Andrew Golden killed in car crash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andrew Golden killed in car crash
Page 1 of 1