Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Empty
PostSubject: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
On December 8, 2004, four people were murdered and three others were wounded in a mass shooting at the Alrosa Villa nightclub in Columbus, Ohio. Heavy metal musician Dimebag Darrell, the main target of the attack, was on stage with his band Damageplan when the shooting took place. The perpetrator, 25-year-old Nathan Gale, was shot and killed by police officer James Niggemeyer while holding a wounded victim hostage.

Dimebag Darrell, real name Darrell Abbott, sustained multiple gunshots to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. Damageplan's head of security, Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson, tackled Gale and was fatally shot in the ensuing struggle. A fan, Nathan Bray, who attempted to aid Abbott and Thompson, was also murdered, as was Erin Halk, an employee of the nightclub who tried to disarm Gale as he was reloading.

Gale was enlisted in the United States Marine Corps from February 2002 until he was discharged in November 2003, after he received a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. A fan of Abbott's previous band Pantera, Gale's friends reported that he believed Pantera had stolen his lyrics and that its members were attempting to steal his identity.

Didn't see a thread for this shooting, so I figured I'd go ahead and make one. It's interesting to me that this was essentially an assassination that devolved into a mass shooting. Are there any other incidents like this? Strikes me as quite unique.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robertslay

Contribution Points : 44375
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 12:41 am

maybe trying to kill the whole band?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 am

Nice to see somebody finally made a wikipedia page for it.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 am

STK wrote:
Nice to see somebody finally made a wikipedia page for it.

Jesus Christ, I checked the article history and it says it was made this year. Some of these shootings really fall under the radar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 am

I miss Dimebag. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)   Columbus nightclub shooting (2004) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbus nightclub shooting (2004)
Page 1 of 1