Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?

Go down 
+7
Butterbean
cakeman
LadyStardust
Miasmom1028
Jenn
Screamingophelia
geranium
11 posters
AuthorMessage
geranium

Contribution Points : 43533
Forum Reputation : 0

Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Empty
PostSubject: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am

Hi guys!
I'm doing my Masters dissertation on Columbine and would love to receive some feedback from those with some level of academic interest in the event (preferably not JUST morbid curiosity). Unfortunately my friends don't have any sense of morbidity being interesting, so I'm looking to you guys for help!
It's 20,000 words so not just a quick read, but (I hope) pretty interesting! I'm not intending to share widely due to plagiarism concerns, but if you fancy a read n giving me some critique that'd be great!
Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 am

I’ll read it

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

Amazing, thank you! I apparently haven't reached the 'post limit' to send private messages, how could I get it to you?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am

Use the link to this thread to increase your post count to 10 and then your private messaging will be automatically activated. And I'd love to read it too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Miasmom1028

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48457
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am

I like reading. You can send it to me and I can offer any suggestions if you wish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 1:56 pm

I would definitely like to read it.
Back to top Go down
LadyStardust

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51467
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:44 pm

I would like to read it too!
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 am

I wouldn't mind reading it. What kind of degree/subject is it for?
Back to top Go down
geranium

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 am

I have 0 idea how to reply to each post, so thanks so much you guys! I'm gonna try n send it to each of you tonight as a .pdf (when it'll actually be written, excluding editing and adding like 200 references...). Really appreciate you all being willing to read it (and hopefully offer some feedback!)
It's a Masters degree in History, I'm from the UK Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 am

Cool. Can't wait! Hurry, hurry, hurry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 2:29 pm

So what happened with this one? Had me drooling. But... Has anyone received what we've been promised? Or this fucker should be shot.
Back to top Go down
geranium

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi guys! So I was basically informed by my supervisor that I wasn’t allowed to share my dissertation prior to submission- issues with potential plagiarism, etc.
I submitted a couple weeks ago but started up as a secondary History teacher so been crazy busy and totally forgot to update this! I’ll happily share if anyone’s still interested Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Cool! Makes sense. Of course we all want a piece. Thanks! And good luck with new job.
Back to top Go down
geranium

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Do I send individually or can I post it here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 3:51 pm

You could post a link, or just PM each of us. They'll be delighted to find your work in their message box, I swear.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Absolutely! You can PM

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 5:37 pm

I know I'm impatient, but... Is he just jerking our chain?

If so, it's actually pretty funny.

Last edited by patogen on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 44035

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 10:35 pm

I’d love to read it as well.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 45469
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm

I'd be happy to read it. I have an MA myself and am working towards my PhD. I'm not writing about anything Columbine related (right now, anyway) but I'd be happy to assist with any academic writing/referencing related things or general dissertating woes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 9:18 am

I think the person was just pulling our leg.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 pm

That's kind of disappointing. I'd love to read more takes on it from academics that aren't criminal justice-focused. I have a whole mess of academic articles from journals I've been saving for when I finally get time to write one of my own.

Actually, if anyone is interested, I could start sifting through those to find the decent ones and share on the board - some of the journals require institutional access to look at their stuff. Unless there's a collection of these on here already and I just missed it somehow.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123775
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 7:40 pm

I will read it!!!!!

ishanfication

Contribution Points : 41590

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pm

where to read it ??

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 9:35 pm

adastra wrote:

Actually, if anyone is interested, I could start sifting through those to find the decent ones and share on the board - some of the journals require institutional access to look at their stuff. Unless there's a collection of these on here already and I just missed it somehow.

I'm definitely interested.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 11:01 am

thelmar wrote:
adastra wrote:

I'm definitely interested.

I'll be able to spend a little time this weekend sorting through what I have and giving the files real names instead of number strings. So, should have some stuff to post in a day or two!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Look, I hate to rain on everyone's (including mine) parade here, but if this person actually had anything to post/upload/PM to any of us (lol), they would have done so two months ago.

I also don't think a Columbine-based dissertation would be met with a nod outside a niche community like this one. You can't base a whole dissertation on Columbine without coming off as another worshiper. Mass shooters in general? Maybe. A single event? If that's even possible, it's begging for trouble.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 3:09 pm

patogen wrote:
Look, I hate to rain on everyone's (including mine) parade here, but if this person actually had anything to post/upload/PM to any of us (lol), they would have done so two months ago.

I also don't think a Columbine-based dissertation would be met with a nod outside a niche community like this one. You can't base a whole dissertation on Columbine without coming off as another worshiper. Mass shooters in general? Maybe. A single event? If that's even possible, it's begging for trouble.

very good point, a dissertation would have to cover a much broader topic and columbine could be used as an example or a case study.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 3:56 pm

adastra wrote:

I'll be able to spend a little time this weekend sorting through what I have and giving the files real names instead of number strings. So, should have some stuff to post in a day or two!
Looking forward to it; I need more stuff to read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?   Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine Dissertation, anyone fancy a read?
Page 1 of 1