Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 84334
Forum Reputation : 475

New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Empty
PostSubject: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 2:39 am

I gave it some thought and decided to build a document repository for other school shooting incidents, including Sandy Hook.

I've been working on several cool elements behind the scenes for my Columbine research website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and plan to apply these features to the future document repository. I just realized that once I get everything in place it will be easy to apply to other cases without too much work.

The Columbine documents will remain on a dedicated domain name, but the documents related to other incidents will be housed in one website.

My question is... since I haven't looked into the documents related to Sandy Hook (although I have mountains of documents) what does everyone find important about the documents? Is there anything in particular that stands out from what you've read?

Has anyone found witness testimony?

I haven't even cracked open the zip files yet - there are gigs worth of docs to go through. I found the documents here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure if there are more? I have the 3 FBI PDF files.

I'll be doing the same with Parkland when the witness testimony is finally released. The media outlets have launched a lawsuit against police again to release more documents just like the video.

I do have something really special and unique in the works for displaying these documents in multiple ways that will help make them easy to navigate - more so than what is already on my Columbine documents website. The programming for what I want to do is above my head so I'm waiting to hear back from a specific developer to find out if I can hire them directly. If it works out, the result will be phenomenal! If not, it will be amazing and easy just the same. I have a backup programming plan for something similar. I'm just hoping I can get exactly what I want because it's unbelievably awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 5:25 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 2:52 pm

What do you find most interesting about it?

I just started reading some of the articles that describe the documents Adam left behind with his writings. I've read a bit before, but I'm reading more and he seemed like he was really suffering just trying to live in the world...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 3:12 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm

He reloaded a 30 round capacity mag with 15 rounds? Interesting. I didn't know his guns jammed so much. Maybe soon I'll have the time to read more. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 4:00 pm

N/A

Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Sounds like he was inexperienced with that particular weapon. How bizarre, though. And of course the media went straight to video games. Because we all know video game habits translate to real-life habits when handling firearms. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 5:44 pm

N/A

Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Oh, I was referring to his act of reloading the weapon too frequently. That's just really bizarre, if he had a 30 capacity mag.

Hmmm it's possible he was reloading frequently in order to avoid running out of ammo when he may not have had the ability to reload. Like... maybe he was thinking he needed to reload whenever he got the chance because he felt like he might be caught before he could hit his targets.

Kinda like refilling your glass of rootbeer before you're done drinking your first cup so you don't run out of soda before someone else finishes the 2-liter bottle. Bad analogy, but it's the same kind of thought process.

To get into his mind... not that it would be pleasant, but it would be very, very interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 7:00 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 2:35 am

I'm experimenting with this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have to compress these PDF files - many of them are well over 1gig, some of the files aren't loading the contents and take a while to show up due to the size...

The downside is the left menu is generated via JS based on file name so I can't use spaces and regular text so I have to rename the files to shorter, concise file names that are understandable... but this is an experiment so I'll see about compressing the PDF files and then eventually all the files will be separated by report/type within the left menu.

I don't want to put too much time into this until I test it to see if there are errors.

It will all be on a separate domain name, but will link back to the Columbine doc site as well. I figure 1 site for all the Columbine docs and another site for all the other incidents. We'll see how it goes!

This will also display video and audio files that will automatically load in the right content area and play. So far I've just uploaded PDFs.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Duluth wrote:
he shot his mother four times in the head with the .22 Savage bolt-action

Wait a sec, for real? If you can cite a source for this I'd much appreciate it; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has mentioned a theory that Adam was paying homage to various other mass murderers in his own killing spree, and I happened to come across this detail in the thread about French mass shooter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

STK wrote:
Éric Borel was a 16 year old spree killer from France, who killed 15 people and wounded 4 with his step father's .22 rifle. He began by killing his step-father by shooting him 4 times, and then bludgeoning him with a hammer.

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 10:19 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 125925
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 10:42 pm

nice cant wait to see it!

Russianman

Contribution Points : 55196
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 am

About shooting four times in mother - this just writed in reports, read them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)   New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sandy Hook Document Website (coming soon)
Page 1 of 1