Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All their home videos with dates and info

Go down 
+2
sororityalpha
kblu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kblu

kblu

Contribution Points : 53309
Forum Reputation : 425

All their home videos with dates and info Empty
PostSubject: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 pm

I made a Google Drive folder with all their home videos, cleaned and original versions, with information about each of them including dates, filming locations, interviews from the 11k about the videos, notes from their planners, etc. I don't know if this would interest anyone who's been into Columbine for a long time, but it should be good for people who are just getting into it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NEXT STEP UP, Tropical and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:21 pm

Interesting work, these videos are also in the Columbine Master Archive.

The "Cafeteria Footage" 'Restored" was quite blurry but other than that this is quite a good collection of videos.

Including the original/restored videos was a nice touch, good job!
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 163

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41121
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 am

I'd like to chat with you privately about some errors in your documents here but unfortunately I haven't reached the post limit for private messaging.
Back to top Go down
kblu

kblu

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 4:08 pm

Reznor wrote:
I'd like to chat with you privately about some errors in your documents here but unfortunately I haven't reached the post limit for private messaging.

I can't send PMs either. You can tell me what they are here.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 am

Breakfast Run: You've gotten Dustin Gorton's name wrong. This starts with Dylan running from Eric Jackson's house at 7259 W Laurel Pl.

Highway Patrol: This was filmed on at least 3 separate days. Eric can be seen wearing 3 different shirts. One gray, one dark green with unknown writing and his Tier shirt.

Behind Blackjack: There is some other clearer footage from this video you may want to add to the folder.

Dylan outside Columbine: Is rumored to be filmed by Brooks Brown. I would guess that this was filmed sometime closer to the beginning of the school year when they were working on the frankenstein play. But this is just a guess. Yours is as good as mine.

RNN Logo Fire: This one was filmed behind the Cooper 7 theatre, it's also a bit confusing because although Eric Veik says that he filmed it, on page 010712 in Nate Dykeman's interview it says "He confirmed that he had in his possession two videotapes made by Dylan Klebold and him. One was made for the "Rebel News Network" announcements at CHS, and the other was made by them in 1998 for the purpose of showing Nate's father where he lives, goes to school, etc." It was Nate that provided the video tape to Jeffco, and it was also aired on his infamous but lost interview on Good Morning America. Here is a screenshot of the video with the GMA logo.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and here's a comparison photo of the same corner from Hitmen for Hire:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It also says that the tape provided was in 8MM format and titled "Intro RNN/Dylan, Nate" So I'm not sure where Veik comes into this. If it really was filmed by Nate, it's possible that it was filmed during his employment at Blackjack Pizza from 12/98-03/99

Dylan shopping: This video also features Dustin Gorton who is filming and I'm assuming Eric Jackson. They arrive in Dylan's BMW rather than Dustin's Chevelle that can often be see in their videos. I think it's also worth noting the time stamp at 11:06 am.

Eric Inside Columbine: I'm wondering what your sources are for the exact date of part of the video. I've never heard of an exact date for this.

Mock Kidnapping: Eric Veik was in fact the one who was filming. The tape came from his black camera case that was left inside the school. This is shown on the Jeffco tapes as the last video on evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is right after the car wax commercial. I would say that this was filmed not too long after September 15th, 1998.

Morning Ride to Columbine: Was actually filmed in November/December 1998. According to Dykeman's interview on page 010712, as stated above he says that it was made in 1998. The tape that was provided was in VHS format and titled on the spine "Dylan Klebold and Nathan Dykeman, Approx date Nov, December 98". There is a version of this video from A&E's Understanding Why documentary where you can hear a portion of what they're saying that you normally wouldn't be able to hear. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think also worth mentioning as its own video is when 3 girls are being filmed in the cafeteria. It's often mistaken that this is part of the Eric Inside Columbine video. This appears as the first video on evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Tape 2 (from Eric Jackson's backpack)

Pulp Fiction: Features Dustin Gorton and was filmed in front of Eric Jackson's house by Eric Jackson. This appears as the second video on evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tape 2 before the mysterious hand in front of camera clip you were wondering about in a separate thread, then it shows Dylan shopping, and then the Breakfast Run video. I would guess that this was filmed sometime in March or very early April 1999

Dylan in Drama Club: I am also curious of your source for the approximate date of November 1998.

Dylan RNN Interview: There is a short clip of this that's not part what was shown in Sue's 20/20 interview that can be found in this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm very curious where this footage came from. ABC has used it more than once, possibly indicating that they have the rights to use it, but the 20/20 special that I linked aired on April 26th, 1999 before Nate had sold his footage for $16K to ABC.

You are also missing the very short clip that we have of Dylan playing Soul Blade from the TLC Lost Boys documentary. It might be worth noting the videos that we know once existed but haven't seen, like you did with the Eric RNN Introduction.

Blaze88 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kblu

kblu

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 4:44 am

Someone in the Eric in Columbine video said September 9th at one point in the video, so I’m assuming that was the date.

For the morning ride video, Dylan’s parents bought his BMW on December 26th, 1998. That’s why I assume it was filmed in January or February of 1999. Unless it’s a different car he was driving before then, but it looks exactly the same. I think Nate got the date wrong.

As for the video of Dylan in theater class, the documentary that originally aired the video got it from Randy and Judy Brown and mentioned it was filmed 5 months before the massacre, so that would be in November of 98.

Sorry to reply so late, I never got a notification that you replied. Thank you so much for the additional info and corrections!

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm

No problem! And you're welcome!

I didn't know they mentioned the date, I'll have to go back and rewatch it.

Dylan actually had 2 different BMWs. In Sue's book she talks about Tom buying the original BMW when Dylan was 16. She also talks about the BMW's hood being dented as if someone had stood on it during Dylan's junior year.

When the police searched the Klebold property they found a partially gutted black BMW 320i which had stickers for The Chemical Brothers, Marilyn Manson, KMFDM, and NIN.
There's no mention in the police report that the one at the school had a NIN sticker on it, and when Dylan went to Mark Mane's house to purchase the Tec-9 on January 23rd, 1999, both Brian Distel and Greg Marciliott describe seeing a black BMW parked outside with a NIN sticker on it. It's possible that the police missed the NIN sticker in their report of the one at the school, but I think Dylan was still driving his old one that day.
You can also see the original BMW parked in its normal spot in the Highway Patrol video.

On December 13th, 1998, Dylan, Brooks and maybe few other people went to the Ascot Theatre and spoke to a woman named Meg Beck about putting on their own play there. They gave her their "resumes" of work that they did in theatre production and the only thing during fall 98 that's written by Dylan's name is Frankenstein which was completed by the end of October. Brooks claims to have filmed rehearsals for Frankenstein, and i think its probable that this video is part of that.

Blaze88 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
SusyJP

Contribution Points : 25800
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 5:18 pm

kblu wrote:
I made a Google Drive folder with all their home videos, cleaned and original versions, with information about each of them including dates, filming locations, interviews from the 11k about the videos, notes from their planners, etc. I don't know if this would interest anyone who's been into Columbine for a long time, but it should be good for people who are just getting into it.

This is really a great compilation, but the text files aren't working. I was wondering about references in the 11k, do you still have a working copy of the files by chance?
Back to top Go down
Tropical

Tropical

Contribution Points : 12442
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 6:56 pm

kblu wrote:

I can't download the home videos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All their home videos with dates and info   All their home videos with dates and info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All their home videos with dates and info
Page 1 of 1