Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's Broncos sweater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

Contribution Points : 42896
Forum Reputation : 50

Eric's Broncos sweater Empty
PostSubject: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm

I have recently come across a person on Twitter who believes they might have Eric's actual Broncos sweater from Rampart Range. This person has presented evidence to strengthen their beliefs, however, I do have my doubts and so does others.

If you have an (inhumanly) good eye, you might have seen in Rampart Range, that Eric's sweater has a small light stain on one of his sleeves. It can be seen up close as he holds a bowling pin to the camera in the video. Now, this person has taken several pictures, showing their own Broncos sweater that they bought recently bought on eBay from a seller who allegedly got the sweater from a thrift shop close to Denver in the early 2000s.

Timeline;
1. They post the seller's picture on Twitter when they bought it (in this picture, the sweater does not have the stain)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, if we look closely at the helmet print, we can see it's a little worn and old.

2. It arrives and the sweater they receive not only is the wrong size from what the seller told them but now also has a stain on the sleeve (they claim the seller used a Google picture of another Broncos sweater)

3. They post a video clip from Rampart Range to prove their 'stain theory' along with several pictures of the sleeve on the sweater she has received.

Like mentioned earlier, this person claims the seller has used a Google image search photo for the Depop listing yet it's clear it's the same shirt if you take a closer look on the helmet print in one of their own photos.

What do you guys think?!
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41146
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 5:45 pm

There's no way of really knowing. But this was actually bought off depop, not ebay. I remember seeing those photos and was curious as to why they were calling it a large when it was clearly a medium. Sometimes sellers will list different sizes if the item runs small or large, which apparently the medium does. The buyer would have known it was a medium if they looked at the photos. It doesn't really mean anything that an old Broncos sweatshirt was found at thrift store around Denver... What evidence is there besides what the seller allegedly told them, and the stain? For all we know the stain could have happened after the seller bought it 20 years ago. Eric's might not have even been stained permanently either. I don't quite remember the description on the listing and I have no way of accessing it since i didn't save the link, but if the seller didn't mention the stain, its possible that it wasn't stained and she stained it herself to make it look like Eric's. I've scoured the internet looking for photos of the broncos sweatshirt and the only place I have seen this one was on that depop listing, I seriously doubt that the seller used 4 photos they found on google for it since these one's aren't readily available on google and especially when it's much easier just to take the photos yourself. The photos from the listing sure don't show a stain in the area of her photos either.
Here are the photos from the original listing:

Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49002
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 5:55 pm

This sounds too good to be true!
How would anyone even get hold of Eric's clothes?
I doubt his parents would share it around.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Onyx wrote:

there were reports that his parents donated his clothes shortly after the massacre
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49002
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Reznor wrote:
Onyx wrote:

there were reports that his parents donated his clothes shortly after the massacre

That's a bit nasty but intriguing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Gonna agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here that this girl probably stained the sweatshirt herself and is claiming it is Eric's for clout. Aside from the fact it was possibly purchased from a store in Denver in 2000, there is nothing to link it to Columbine or Eric. And the 2000's thrift store in Denver is already a really weak link.
Back to top Go down
kblu

kblu

Contribution Points : 53334
Forum Reputation : 425

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 12:02 am

Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 12:04 am

YES thank you!
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60836
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 8:47 am

That was fucking glorious!

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Broncos sweater   Eric's Broncos sweater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's Broncos sweater
Page 1 of 1