Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Empty
PostSubject: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Saw this on Amok Wiki and thought it was curious to include a case of train ramming which ended in many deaths.

Alfredo de Freitas was a Brazilian train driver who killed thirteen people and wounded at least 40 others when crashing a train in full speed in Belo Horizonte, Brazil on September 18, 1962.

On September 18, 1962, the train with the prefix PM-104 left the Central do Brasil and when the train reached the Caetano Murtinho passengers began booing de Freitas because the manner he was driving the train. De Freitas then got into an argument with the passengers and at that point, said that he "would speed further to kill a lot of people". The train, upon reaching the "curva da boiadeira" in Horto, suffered a impact and a pile-up. Reaching the Horto train station, he was arrested by passenger Valdemar do Patrocinio, but managed to escape with help of the auxiliar of that station, Airton Braga. De Freitas was said to had been "drunk". Injured victims were rescued by several military forces. De Freitas escaped and was been since sought.

Text: Alfredo de Freitas

If I remember correctly, there was another train driver (a Japanese) who made a train drive by itself with some rope in it, and killed six people when it crashed.

Interesting case. Is there another case of mass murder by train?
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40750
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 12:19 am

There was this recent failed attempt. The guy attempted to crash a train into one of those pandemic hospital ships to "expose it as evidence of a government takeover."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 8:07 am

downwardspiral wrote:
There was this recent failed attempt. The guy attempted to crash a train into one of those pandemic hospital ships to "expose it as evidence of a government takeover."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for showing this to me. Also, what was the most bizarre method of protest against the pandemic used in the lastest times that you saw? I couldn't think of any at the moment.

Also, I remembered the Japanese train driver. It was Keisuke Takeuchi, but the Wikipedia article doesn't mentions a rope being used in the train.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40750
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Also, what was the most bizarre method of protest against the pandemic used in the lastest times that you saw? I couldn't think of any at the moment.

I'm anti-lockdown so I'll answer the opposite question, because I see way more bizarre and concerning behavior on the other side over a disease with a 0.26% IFR, and <0.05% IFR for the non-elderly.

a) The exact same people who are fully in support of both "lockdown until a vaccine," and of using a police state to enforce the lockdowns, suddenly started protesting against police brutality in packed crowds, while in many cases not social distancing or wearing masks (there are many pictures and videos to prove this). The same people protesting are still to this day supporting the arrests of people who violate lockdown regulations. Then the media and governments claimed that the protests didn't cause the rise in cases "because they were outdoors," even though there's no way to determine that because contact tracers were not allowed to ask people if they had been to a protest. They claimed this while simultaneously decrying other outdoor activities, like going to the beach, and after blasting the anti-lockdown protestors for "killing grandma" even though the anti-lockdown protests were much smaller.

Also, the letter signed by 1200 public health officials stating that anti-police brutality protests are not a public health risk, but that anti-lockdown protests are not only a public health risk, but also "white supremacist" (they provided no evidence to support their claim).

b) The apartment buildings in Melbourne (and similar instances in Spain, Italy, etc.) that are currently quarantined due to coronavirus and surrounded by armed police. People are not even allowed to go outside. Their dogs can go outside for a walk -- so the dogs have more freedom than people -- but the police have to walk them. People are going without food, diapers for their kids, etc. The police chase down anyone who tries to leave. One lady was driving away in her car and an officer reached through her window and grabbed her arm as she was driving. One guy was visiting a friend when the lockdown took effect and he hasn't been allowed to leave and has been sleeping on the floor the whole time. 106 people have died in Australia from COVID-19, total. The residents of the Melbourne apartments are mostly poor minorities and many of them are immigrants. Yet I don't see people out protesting this particular authoritarian overreach.

That's just a start but I could really go on about this topic forever LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 8:16 pm

downwardspiral wrote:
Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Also, what was the most bizarre method of protest against the pandemic used in the lastest times that you saw? I couldn't think of any at the moment.

I'm anti-lockdown so I'll answer the opposite question, because I see way more bizarre and concerning behavior on the other side over a disease with a 0.26% IFR, and <0.05% IFR for the non-elderly.

a) The exact same people who are fully in support of both "lockdown until a vaccine," and of using a police state to enforce the lockdowns, suddenly started protesting against police brutality in packed crowds, while in many cases not social distancing or wearing masks (there are many pictures and videos to prove this). The same people protesting are still to this day supporting the arrests of people who violate lockdown regulations. Then the media and governments claimed that the protests didn't cause the rise in cases "because they were outdoors," even though there's no way to determine that because contact tracers were not allowed to ask people if they had been to a protest. They claimed this while simultaneously decrying other outdoor activities, like going to the beach, and after blasting the anti-lockdown protestors for "killing grandma" even though the anti-lockdown protests were much smaller.

Also, the letter signed by 1200 public health officials stating that anti-police brutality protests are not a public health risk, but that anti-lockdown protests are not only a public health risk, but also "white supremacist" (they provided no evidence to support their claim).

b) The apartment buildings in Melbourne (and similar instances in Spain, Italy, etc.) that are currently quarantined due to coronavirus and surrounded by armed police. People are not even allowed to go outside. Their dogs can go outside for a walk -- so the dogs have more freedom than people -- but the police have to walk them. People are going without food, diapers for their kids, etc. The police chase down anyone who tries to leave. One lady was driving away in her car and an officer reached through her window and grabbed her arm as she was driving. One guy was visiting a friend when the lockdown took effect and he hasn't been allowed to leave and has been sleeping on the floor the whole time. 106 people have died in Australia from COVID-19, total. The residents of the Melbourne apartments are mostly poor minorities and many of them are immigrants. Yet I don't see people out protesting this particular authoritarian overreach.

That's just a start but I could really go on about this topic forever LOL.
Thanks for information. That's insane!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13   Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alfredo de Freitas - train driver runs amok, kills 13
Page 1 of 1