Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with multiple questions about statements made in Brooks Brown’s Book?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morbidinterests13

Contribution Points : 35475
Forum Reputation : 0

Help with multiple questions about statements made in Brooks Brown’s Book? Empty
PostSubject: Help with multiple questions about statements made in Brooks Brown’s Book?   Help with multiple questions about statements made in Brooks Brown’s Book? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 9:16 pm

I have been into Columbine for many years. My younger sister was diagnosed with leukemia not too long ago and ever since then I kind of stopped researching the case. I have vague memories of things that I recall from the case. The thing is... I’m not sure if I am remembering things correctly. I have had, “No Easy Answers,” for years but just never got around to reading it. I started to read it and I am actually almost finished. As I read through it, there were moments where I was confused because I I thought I remembered something that was opposite of what was being stated or the statement just felt off to me in some way after years of reading about this case. Like I said, I may be completely confused on all this so I would love to get clarification on it all. As I read, I would write things down in my notes app. This is what I have (I apologize for it being so messy and probably not making sense and also for there being SO much. Thank you so much in advance):

Rebel missions - brown mentions Eric and Dylan knocking on his window at 3am while Zach heckler was over and they were on the computer. Telling them about the missions they were going on. But didn’t it originally start with Zach in the rebel missions. I recall Dylan writing about how they did these things together. I don’t even know if he mentioned Eric being with them in his own journal. I remember he was was upset when Zach left the missions after finding Devon. I also don’t think Eric nor Dylan ever mentioned brooks brown being involved in the rebel missions.

Brooks talks about how word got around school that Eric and Dylan has gotten in big trouble over something but no one knew what it was. Eric and Dylan wouldn’t talk about it. He said that he heard that both of them were in counseling. When Judy asked brooks what exactly they were in trouble for - he replied, “there was no way to find out. They were keeping quiet “but mom, it’s big. Everybody is talking about it.”
He says word got around school and everyone is talking about it. I was under the impression that they were both very embarrassed about it and since it happened outside of school - I’m wondering how so many people in the school apparently knew about this incident? How many people in the school even knew Eric and Dylan? Was this just an exaggeration or was it the truth?

Story about Dylan handing him the web address for Eric’s website in the hallway one day. I’m not accusing him of lying about this interaction at all - in fact why would someone lie about such a specific story? But the only thing that’s odd to me is the photo of the web address that was handed to brooks by Dylan in the 11k looks (to me) nothing like Dylan’s handwriting. We see Dylan’s handwriting often because of his journals and it just doesn’t matter up to me. What do you guys think about this?

I wonder the relationship between Dylan, brooks, Zach heckler and Nate Dykeman. Before reading brooks book, I didn’t think that Zach and him were really even friends besides knowing each other from theater / specifically Frankenstein and the video tribute to the teacher they did. But, Brooks actually mentions Zach a lot. He even mentions times hanging out with him just the two of them. Dylan considered for a long time Zach to be his best friend. Brooks gives 0 insight into that friendship besides when they did the video for Frankenstein and simply mentions the three of them filmed it together. I know that by senior year Zach felt a certain way about Dylan that I’m not even sure if Dylan knew (I recall reading somewhere about Zach telling a teacher that Dylan shouldn’t do sound because he wasn’t good. And trying to push for one of his other friends to do it. After the shooting, he said Dylan was too stupid to work with computers or something). Brooks mentions Nate’s name one time and that is to say he was in their creative writing class. I recall in the 11k Nate said no one likes brooks and that he’s a notorious liar. Sue Klebold thought that Nate was Dylan’s best friend because they had sleep overs all the time. Maybe they all their separate friendships.

There is a part where parent of the seniors were required to attend a meeting explaining how the graduation ceremony would be carried out. This was apparently only a few months before graduation. Attendance was required in order to get a ticket to the ceremony. So judy brown called sue Klebold and the two made plans to attend together. Judy and sue sat in the auditorium and had conversations about Dylan and brooks. I read sue Klebold’s book a while ago so I may be completely wrong but I’m pretty sure she says that she was completely shocked to see judy brown show up at her house the day of the shooting because she hadn’t spoken to her in years. She discusses that brooks and Dylan were childhood friends but that she hadn’t seen or talked to her in a long time. Why would she deliberately put in her book that she hadn’t see judy brown in a long time if they sat down and talked only a couple months - if that! It could have even been a few weeks ago. Maybe I’m getting that all wrong. Let me know!

Also judy says that sue told her that during their college visit to Arizona “Dylan was looking at the girls and talking about them; it was something he had never really done before. He would nudge his dad and say, “ooo, she was gorgeous; did you see her?” All I remember from sues book during this time was that his dad got mad at him for wearing his hat to breakfast lol. This part kind of shocked me a-little because this guy who wrote love letters to this “halcyon girl” who didn’t even know who he was. He couldn’t even get himself to say hi to girls or put the letter in her locker. And would blush if someone asked him a simple question about a girl. But maybe he had a relationship with his dad was different. I’m sure he may have been changing but I just really thought that something like that may have been mentioned by sue Klebold in her own book to show that her son seemed more “normal” (considering that she had to admit to her son being in love with multiple girls and writing extreme love letters to a girl who later said she had no clue who he was and all of his very close friends said he never mentioned girls - and would get very shy about that subject - disclaimer!!! I stated “normal” for those reasons not because it’s abnormal to not to be attracted sexually to people or to not want to talk about that subject with anyone but specifically to Dylan and sue maybe wanting to prove she felt like he was blossoming in a positive ways and not plotting the murder of his entire school.

Brooks also says that eric mentioned to him in school, the Friday before the attacked that, that he was rejected from the marines. Brooks says he seemed disappointed, even though he talked like he was blowing it off. For some reason I was under the impression that Eric never even knew he was rejected. That the letter/ call of his rejection came shortly after the massacre. But maybe I also have that wrong.

There is a part that discusses that they could hear the shooters taunting and screaming in the library because patti Nielsen left the phone on as she hid. But I thought that apparently the phone call cuts out before they actually came in and started shooting. And that the dialog that people say is happening really isn’t them. But maybe I’m wrong on that too.

Lavender_baby likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help with multiple questions about statements made in Brooks Brown’s Book?
Page 1 of 1