Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!

Go down 
+7
Bill_Ockham
EthanEmerson
Koltin
cakeman
HanShotFirst
Babydoll
dreadpirateroberts2020
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 43705
Forum Reputation : 125

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Empty
PostSubject: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 9:10 pm

This is HUGE.

Look at this evidence return form submitted to the JCSO by DA Bill Tuthill!

Notice the "edited", "unedited" copies of the Basement Tapes, i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

What did they edit? Why? Did Sue & Tom even see the full tapes? What about the victims' families?

My mind is blown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"When have I lied? When have I cheated or stolen from anyone here? When have I treated anyone unfairly? When have I lead you astray?

Why do you turn on me now when I have poured my heart and soul into this community and project?

...Do you think this site built itself? Do you think it runs itself?...Do you have any idea the risk the people operating this site are taking?

Do you have any clue what we've been through to get here today?

Whether you like it or not, I am the captain of this ship, if you don’t like the rules of the game, or you don’t trust your captain, you can get off the boat.”

-Dread Pirate Roberts

downwardspiral, R3BD0M1N3 and Kalamity like this post

Koltin and Stallo dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 42392
Forum Reputation : 25

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 12:21 am

This is actually so interesting. But I mean, this means this Bill Tuthill has some of the tapes for himself? I'm being slow rn it's too late in my country.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 66637
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 am

You're probably making it a bigger deal than it actually is. Editing could mean literally just splicing/cutting/rearranging the tape for timing or a more coherent structure for studying/evidence gathering. Also to cut out the any parts non vital to the case.

Koltin, Lavitax and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 82822
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2020 6:20 am

I find it unsurprising and figure they keep the tapes away from copycats because the actual plan is discussed, not because of fantasizing about Tarantino films; so always assumed the viewings were of an edited tape.
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 107073
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
You're probably making it a bigger deal than it actually is. Editing could mean literally just splicing/cutting/rearranging the tape for timing or a more coherent structure for studying/evidence gathering. Also to cut out the any parts non vital to the case.
Yeah. If it look at the rampant range video, you'll see there was a clip that is in worse quality than the rest due to being a screen capture. I also wonder if there is any screen grabs of the tapes, I know the doom wad resurfaced though it's probably not made by them.

EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 84334
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 12:12 am

I see you deleted your Reddit account.
Very interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:07 pm

They are gone for good.
Back to top Go down
Bill_Ockham

Bill_Ockham

Contribution Points : 37590
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Disagree.

Koltin, Lavitax, Kerea2244, Adzybear, WhereHaveYouBeen, bit_bit46 and Mr Bubbless like this post

MilverSoxie and nicomatsu dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 65595
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 3:50 pm

maybe they muted some names and / or cursing in respect of the victims when they showed the video. or trimmed it e.g. deleted some empty fragments
Back to top Go down
remrem25

remrem25

Contribution Points : 47235

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 12:39 pm

I believe the editing was likely to put them together in to one video in correct chronological order to be viewed by investigators and parents

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 41446
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 8:05 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 107073
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 9:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were partial tapes meaning they didn't film all of the tapes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was used up.
Notice how item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are two VHS tapes.
So the editing is probably for continuity etc. and having it on two tapes one edited and one unedited.
Back to top Go down
KKjHAM

Contribution Points : 58707

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 12:55 am

I think it has to do with the transfer of format from 8mm video to vhs and making copies. Those little 8mm videos didnt hold as much footage as a vhs,

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!   The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office edited the Basement Tapes! HUGE DEAL!
Page 1 of 1