Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting "spontaneous" suicide bombing after family feud in Germany

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Interesting "spontaneous" suicide bombing after family feud in Germany Empty
PostSubject: Interesting "spontaneous" suicide bombing after family feud in Germany   Interesting "spontaneous" suicide bombing after family feud in Germany Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 pm

While searching non-terrorist suicides that were carried with explosive devices, I found two interesting cases, one involving a man in wheelchair with a pipe bomb that killed himself, and that of a German man who, after a family feud, exploded himself wounding seven other people.

The German family feud case

BERLIN — Police say a man angered by a family feud has set off explosives outside his house in Germany, killing himself and wounding seven people in a small village.

Police spokesman Thomas Rodemer said that following an argument inside his home in Homberg village in Hesse state, the 49-year-old man drove away in his car, then returned and blew himself up inside the vehicle parked outside the house.

The seven people slightly wounded by debris from the explosion included family members, neighbors and two police officers who had been called to settle the family argument. The blast also damaged neighboring homes.

Rodemer said the bomber had a license to use explosives and that police are investigating the case.

The man’s name was not released in keeping with Germany’s privacy law.

Source in English

Source in German

I discovered this a few hours ago. I know I can be wrong, but there's very little information on it, at least I could find so far (as I don't know how to search in German.) I would really like to know why this man just reacted so extremely to the point of exploding himself in a family feud. If someone here who knows German could find some additional information, I would be grateful.

Now to the man in wheelchair with a pipe bomb:

Oakland police are investigating a man's suicide after he reportedly deployed a pipe bomb inside Oakland, Calif.-based San Antonio Neighborhood Health Center, according to CBS SF Bay Area.

The Alameda County Sheriff Office confirmed reports of an explosion at the clinic just before 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 19.

According to police, an undisclosed number of witnesses said that a man in a wheelchair entered the clinic with what appeared to be a pipe bomb. The man then detonated the bomb, resulting in the man's death, according to the report. The man's identity was not disclosed.

Police said no other individuals were harmed in the incident. Police searched the area for any other explosive devices, but did not find any.

Oakland Police Lieutenant Rachael Van Sloten told the SF Gate the incident "[did not] appear to be related to terrorism."

Source

This is a really sad case. I don't know why they didn't disclosed the man's identity, I would like to pay a virtual tribute to a memorial if this man has. This incident remembers me of another that happened in Brazil in 1999 at a IML hospital, where a man in his 70s committed suicide with a gun in the parking lot of the hospital. Apparently the man wanted to see a deceased parent in the hospital, and was never identified. Source for the IML suicidal man

Incidents like this makes my head wrap around, they are so weird. I don't know why they aren't much reported on. Do you have an answer? I'm really not an expert on news reportings on bombs incidents. Are there any clues on those incidents? Thanks
Back to top Go down

Interesting "spontaneous" suicide bombing after family feud in Germany
Page 1 of 1