Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote

Go down 
+4
Employer_Square
Carnifex879
GrayFox
Killisaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42118
Forum Reputation : 93

Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Empty
PostSubject: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 pm

So I case you haven't heard there was a video to promote gun control that made a deep fake, using AI, of Parkland victim Joaquin Oliver to tell people to vote and promote the site unfinishedvotes.
Here is the video:
Spoiler:
Overall, I find this somewhat disrespectful overall. I mean of course he would want this.Probably. I find it disgusting that this is how low people will go for a political agenda, as this look weird. This just give more the status of a victim than a person to Joaquin Oliver. I find it somehat sad.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this is correct? Do you think it would be more respectful to do a deep fake of him singing Baka Mitai?

Fact that I found somewhat amusing (in a weird way):
If you to that site there is list of place where school shooting happen and if you go to Atzec, New Mexico, you will see that three people died on the December 7, 2017, which means that William Atchison is counted as a gun violence victim. I sure bet that he would want gun control now. I dont know why I find that somewhat amusing. Still better than the uncanny face of Joaquin on the site that was generated on AI.

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GrayFox

GrayFox

Contribution Points : 34950
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 11:41 pm

The fact that the parents wanted to make this video doesn't strike me as disrespectful. When you lose someone, you would do anything to see them again. That coupled with the message they are trying to push, gives you the ingredients for such a video.

I hate political bullshit and how, in conjunction with the media, we are bombarded with pushed agendas and cringe-worthy performances from both sides of the playing field.

I see what you mean about the Aztec shooter. And yeah, the way you put it makes me laugh.

The website is junk to navigate.

Killisaki and pinkclams like this post

Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42118
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 7:45 am

GrayFox wrote:
The fact that the parents wanted to make this video doesn't strike me as disrespectful. When you lose someone, you would do anything to see them again. That coupled with the message they are trying to push, gives you the ingredients for such a video.

I hate political bullshit and how, in conjunction with the media, we are bombarded with pushed agendas and cringe-worthy performances from both sides of the playing field.

I see what you mean about the Aztec shooter. And yeah, the way you put it makes me laugh.

The website is junk to navigate.
It might be that or something, I dont know. Perphaps soon we will see people being back through AI, like in movies and series. I guess you perfectly explain the reason they made the video, outside of political influence and/or money, idk because I don't to much. So yeah, but still the video is somewhat uncanny to me, idk in particular why. I mean I guess they could do that or something.
But also yeah the site is junk to navigate through, also I didnt spend a lot of time there, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68047
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 9:37 pm

I personally find it very selfish and disrespectful myself. I can understand his parent's pain, but making a fake AI out of him and putting words in his mouth for a political agenda is poor taste in my opinion. The parents probably thought it would be heartwarming and maybe it was to them, but I dislike the whole notion of using your dead child as a political tool, especially like this.

Koltin and Employer_Square like this post

ellecaveentertainment dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 10:34 am

Propaganda Of The Highest Degree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Lol how do we even know the kid would've voted Biden? How do we know these are his views?
Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 33930
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 pm

I remember when this came out and I was so creeped out by it and disgusted at the family’s attempt to push a political agenda.We should just let the dead stay dead.And I think it’s pretty clear which candidate they were trying to help here.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60714
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 3:00 pm

Yeah, I get why they would push that agenda using Joaquin but it's just creepy and disrespectful even for a family to use their sons death to push a political candidate.

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61686
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 9:31 am

I think it came from a place of hurt and confusion for his parents. No parent expects their child to die in a place that should be a safe space. But like other people have said here, we don't know how he would have voted so really this can only be taken with a pinch of salt. And (no offence intended if there are any Americans on this website) but America doesn't seem to have done anything to change gun laws and America keeps seeing more gun violence time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42224
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 11:45 am

Maybe his parents actually would know how he would've voted? People who raised him and knew him all his life? It's not like he died as a child. It's very possible his political ideas, his values were already formed, and his parents obviously knew about it and knew what kind of message he would've supported?
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42548
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 9:08 pm

I feel sick.

I get it, his family wants to see him again, but using him for a political agenda?

If I die in a mass shooting, I don't want someone to practically puppet my corpse around to promote gun control.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote   Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joaquin Oliver deep fake to tell people to vote
Page 1 of 1