Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Kelly

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Question about Kelly Empty
PostSubject: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:31 pm

I was thinking today about an interview with Dawn Anna, Lauren's mom. Did she once say she thought Kelly was trying to go to Lauren's table because she was by herself and maybe would have felt safer with Lauren's table of upperclassman, or am I misremembering?

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 am

I know Kelly's dad has said something similar.

Quote :
Her body was found on the floor near that of Lauren Townsend. Kelly's father said: "Here's one of the real leaders of the school, and our Kelly was next to someone like that. I'm sure Lauren took care of Kelly. She wasn't alone." He also said he prayed for the parents of the shooters. "They'll have a tougher time getting over this than we will."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sad how actually none of the girls under table 2 recalled seeing her.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 am

Szabo wrote:

Quote :
Her body was found on the floor near that of Lauren Townsend. Kelly's father said: "Here's one of the real leaders of the school, and our Kelly was next to someone like that. I'm sure Lauren took care of Kelly. She wasn't alone." He also said he prayed for the parents of the shooters. "They'll have a tougher time getting over this than we will."

Speaking of sympathy for the killers' parents, that seems like a controversial matter for victims' families. I watched the documentary 13 Families and some are forgiving and some are not.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am

myshame wrote:
Szabo wrote:

Quote :

Speaking of sympathy for the killers' parents, that seems like a controversial matter for victims' families. I watched the documentary 13 Families and some are forgiving and some are not.

Some just take the: "They lost their kids as well, I'm sure none of them wanted this to happen" approach.
Others take the: "They raised them poorly and they were blind to the problems their kids were having" approach.

I'd say there's some truth in both. Although I think the second criticism is more valid when it comes to the Klebold family than the Harris family.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 10:16 am

Sabratha wrote:
myshame wrote:
Szabo wrote:

Quote :

Some just take the: "They lost their kids as well, I'm sure none of them wanted this to happen" approach.
Others take the: "They raised them poorly and they were blind to the problems their kids were having" approach.

I'd say there's some truth in both. Although I think the second criticism is more valid when it comes to the Klebold family than the Harris family.

I don't see why you'd say that the Harris's were less guilty of being blind to his problems but then again they're less public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Kelly   Question about Kelly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Kelly
Page 1 of 1