Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do people in your personal life?

Go down 
+29
OldskoolNBK
Nirvana92
Kiwik
fxiths
Lizpuff
thedude11
eli27
TheSpiral
ThoughtBox
Squid
gasolinechild
PaintItBlack
Freezingmoon
astrospace92
Marco1211
Wideawake
fatlittleparasite
Yumeko-chan
tragedy79
JDM87
jettfyre80
areyoulistening
Juicy Jazzy
maninthebox
Mj2beat
JayJay
rebel82
tfsa47090
em81
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96891
Forum Reputation : 52

Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 am

godlikeciniminis wrote:
My parents know about my interest in it. My mom expresses the same sympathies I do, but my dad blames the parents. I also have some friends who are into it, and true crime stuff in general.

Have you ever argued with your dad about this and if you have gotten him to see any of your points?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
godlikeciniminis wrote:
My parents know about my interest in it. My mom expresses the same sympathies I do, but my dad blames the parents. I also have some friends who are into it, and true crime stuff in general.

Have you ever argued with your dad about this and if you have gotten him to see any of your points?

My dad and I have discussed it. We actually watched Sue Klebold's 20/20 interview together. He used to work as a counselor for a juvenile detention center, so I believe that's where his opinions form. He tries to look at it from a psychological point of view. He believes that Dylan's parents were too easy on him and let things go, instead of raising more of a concern. He thinks Sue handled the things like his disturbing paper and the van break in too easily. He says the parents are to blame because they didn't know anything that was going on in their kid's lives. That's fair to say, because Sue has expressed regret over and over again about this. However, there has to be some sort of sympathy because something like Columbine had never happened before (to that magnitude). My dad really doesn't believe in sympathy, and sticks with the hard facts that both of them were let off too easily by their parents and should have been more closely watched. He says it's great they spent time with their kids, but they were oblivious to what was really going on. But still, no one ever imagined something like Columbine would have happened.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73698
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 am

I admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine. Only two of my friends know about my fascination about it.

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80061
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Yes they all knew, and they all would say they are 'crazy lunatics' and would tell me when I was 16 that it's sick for me to read into it. They could never begin to understand why I research on it, or who these guys were, they have only listened to the news reports and seen photos from the media (which is mostly just two photos of Dylan, one of him shouting in Hitmen for Hire and him clenching his gun in the CCTV footage).

I never have felt anger or sickened by Eric and Dylan, because i've read so much into their past, it feels like I know them, and when I think of them it isn't the 1-dimensional 'killers' the news makes them out to be, I think of them as people, teenagers who gave into their inner pain and ended up making a huge mistake. I could never see how people see Eric and Dylan, until oneday when I accidentally clicked on a YouTube video of people who had tied up a cat and were punching it to death, and I was so shocked, angered and disturbed with what I saw, that I realized, that is how people feel towards Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77820

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 am

Archvile wrote:
Yes they all knew, and they all would say they are 'crazy lunatics' and would tell me when I was 16 that it's sick for me to read into it. They could never begin to understand why I research on it, or who these guys were, they have only listened to the news reports and seen photos from the media (which is mostly just two photos of Dylan, one of him shouting in Hitmen for Hire and him clenching his gun in the CCTV footage).

I never have felt anger or sickened by Eric and Dylan, because i've read so much into their past, it feels like I know them, and when I think of them it isn't the 1-dimensional 'killers' the news makes them out to be, I think of them as people, teenagers who gave into their inner pain and ended up making a huge mistake. I could never see how people see Eric and Dylan, until oneday when I accidentally clicked on a YouTube video of people who had tied up a cat and were punching it to death, and I was so shocked, angered and disturbed with what I saw, that I realized, that is how people feel towards Columbine.

Don't ever let anyone shame you for your interests. As long as you aren't hurting anyone then there's nothing wrong with it. Someone tried to "shame" me not too long ago for being interested in Columbine, LOL. Nope. Not happening. They tried to tell me it was "unhealthy", as they sat there smoking a cigarette. Haha....the irony. lol!

Last edited by Freezingmoon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Most everyone knows I'm interested in Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, the Aurora Theater shooting. But I'm also interested in 9/11, OKC Bombing, the Adnan Syed case, most of the famous serial killers. I love Forensic Files (so sad the series is over), Dateline, anything crime related. People don't really think much of it since my job correlates to crime, for the most part. I'm a naturally inquisitive person and want to learn everything I can about whatever has my attention at the moment.

My husband works in law enforcement, so we're an interesting duo.
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 72206

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Everyone who I have IRL contact with knows that I have a great interest in everything crime-related. And those who have deeper conversations with me get to know that Columbine is special for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people in your personal life?   Do people in your personal life? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do people in your personal life?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2