Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39746
Forum Reputation : 731

School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Empty
PostSubject: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 12:04 pm

A shooter has killed at least one woman and injured 4 others after opening fire in a college lecture theatre with a double barrel shotgun and lever action rifle. The shooter was found dead after committing suicide. Authorities have ruled out any potential political motives and are investigating further.

Articles about the situation:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Weapons used in the attack:
Akkar Churchill 512 HD
Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Takedown
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

QuestionMark and CanIHelpYou like this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61489
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 pm

The suspect (18-year-old biology student at the university) reportedly texted his father before the shooting telling him that "people needed to be punished now" and asking for a burial at sea. The weapons he used in the shooting were acquired abroad and carried a backpack that had 100 rounds of ammunition.
It honestly seemed as though it could have turned out so much worse with how much ammunition the shooter had. I wonder if his motive is just misanthropy or revenge for something.

QuestionMark and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down
Laratruec

Contribution Points : 24388
Forum Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 5:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikolai G was an 18 years old university student. He injured four women, a 23 year old student passed away from having sustained head trauma hours later. He then proceeded to walk over to his would be suicide site a botanical garden; along the way he did not fire any additional shots.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:
The suspect (18-year-old biology student at the university) reportedly texted his father before the shooting telling him that "people needed to be punished now" and asking for a burial at sea. The weapons he used in the shooting were acquired abroad and carried a backpack that had 100 rounds of ammunition.
It honestly seemed as though it could have turned out so much worse with how much ammunition the shooter had. I wonder if his motive is just misanthropy or revenge for something.

Considering the low kill count I have to wonder if maybe the attack was targeted at people he hated. Hopefully the police release details on if there was a connection between him and the victims.

lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61489
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 3:06 am

QuestionMark wrote:
lognifiiskurk wrote:

Considering the low kill count I have to wonder if maybe the attack was targeted at people he hated. Hopefully the police release details on if there was a connection between him and the victims.
It's come out that the girl he killed was his intended target as he ignored numerous people who he saw during the shooting.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39746
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 6:48 am

lognifiiskurk wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
lognifiiskurk wrote:

It's come out that the girl he killed was his intended target as he ignored numerous people who he saw during the shooting.

That doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of him also trying to kill other students. Why would he go through the struggle of obtaining 2 illegal guns and over 100 rounds of ammunition just to kill one person? Something about that doesn't add up to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 9:33 am

lognifiiskurk wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
lognifiiskurk wrote:

It did not "come out" that he was targeting the girl. There is ZERO confirmation he targeted her. He told his dad he was going to go and punish some people, not punish a singular person. Punishing people sounds like something a typical mass shooter would say, it reminds me of the Kazan shooter saying he was gonna take out bio waste. Very likely this kid killed the other student and realized that killing people wasn't like in the movies / in his fantasies and the adrenaline and urge to kill wore off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 11:53 am

""After the rampage at the university in Heidelberg, investigators are investigating clues that the suspect was a member of the right-wing extremist party "The Third Way" in the past and left it in 2019, i.e. when he was still a minor. , the evaluations of the perpetrator's digital media and testimonies from his personal environment have so far not revealed any evidence of radicalization or contacts of the alleged perpetrator in the right-wing spectrum statement by the public prosecutor's office in Heidelberg and the police headquarters in Mannheim .

It cannot be ruled out that the suspect's mental illness could have been the cause of the crime, it said. However, reliable statements on the motive for the crime are reserved for further investigations. There is currently no evidence of a personal relationship between the alleged perpetrator and the victims. "

Bought guns in Austria

"According to the information, the 18-year-old procured a total of three weapons in Austria. Two of these weapons were secured at the scene along with around 150 rounds of ammunition. The third weapon, a rifle, was found by the Austrian police in a room that the 18-year-old had rented during his stay in Austria.

According to the current status of the investigation, he is said to have purchased the two weapons used in the crime in Heidelberg from an arms dealer and the third from a private individual in Austria. The extent to which the arms dealer or his employees are criminally responsible for the sale of arms is the subject of an ongoing investigation, the statement said."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany   School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Shooting in Heidelberg, Germany
Page 1 of 1