Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?

Go down 
+2
Yaughst
Kommandant_Breivik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kommandant_Breivik

Kommandant_Breivik

Contribution Points : 21730
Forum Reputation : 0

What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Empty
PostSubject: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Obviously there is the "Pumped up kicks" song. Does anyone here know of any other songs?

I know of:

P.O.D: "Youth of the Nation" - references it.

RWDS: "Blackpill" - I think is about Roof.

Marylyn Manson: "The nobodies" - Columbine

Team Death: "Playing Columbine"

Ressurrector: "Columbine Killing Machine"

Unknown artist: "Forgotten victim" - Virginia Tech/Cho Seung Hui

Unknown artist: "The one" - Virginia Tech/Cho Seung Hui

Palaye Royale: "Massacre, the New American Dream" - Generalized school shootings

Nightwish: "Kinslayer" - I think Columbine

My Chemical Romance: "Teenagers" - Implies/alludes to school shootings in general

Eminem: "White America" and "The way I am" - Implies/alludes

Lord Forsaken: "Seung Hui Cho-The Chainsaw Diary" - VT/Cho (Idk if this is the name, just what I saw on youtube)

Last one I know of is an Indie band. I cant remember the name, but it's a song about Elliot Rodger.
It was in a tribute video. I can post the vid if anyone wants to take any guesses on it as soon as 7 days passes and I can upload it. The OP got banned from bitchute.

The lyrics are roughly as follows
Male voice: "I killed a pretty girl, x2
I'm Elliot Rodger....
It's so obvious to see,
Did you have to murder me,
Take a picture of us we look so skinny in the club,

Female voice: "Nobody wants to ___ me, just like a broken doll"

And that's as far as the tribute vid went. OP said the name but I can't remember. Makes me so mad. Fuck bitchute. Lying ass sacks of shit "Come from youtube to our channel, we have FR33 SP33CH!"

But yeah, here is a list for the record. Anyone know of any others not mentioned? Please feel free to post.

Sufficient-weight and ShadowClaw like this post

Back to top Go down
Yaughst

Contribution Points : 23204

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 3:21 pm

Bones - TeenWitch (A full concept album about Columbine, with songs written from the perspectives of E&D, a witness, a victim, and the parent of a victim, as well as multiple from Bones' own perspective that still heavily reference E&D and CHS.)

Driveby Truckers - Guns of Umpqua (About the Umpqua Community College shooting, albeit in an abstract sense; most of the song is about the joys of life and contrasting them with "being shot in a classroom in Oregon.")

Eminem - Darkness (This song's gimmick is that it's written in a way that could apply both to Eminem preparing for one of his own concerts, and to Stephen Paddock preparing to shoot up the Route 91 festival; however, it does head away from the gimmick and become more explicitly about Paddock only during the third and last verse.)

Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting (A rap song about E&D and Columbine. Takes a more aggressive horrorcore approach instead of the sad, melodic one that TeenWitch takes.)

Kelly Rowland - Stole (Like Youth of the Nation, only the first part of this song is about a shooter, while the rest delves into other issues facing teenagers. Despite its subject matter, it was a hit song in other Anglosphere nations, peaking at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the pop charts in both Australia and the UK.)

Kinky Friedman - The Ballad of Charles Whitman (Do I need to say who this is about?)

PiGPEN - KEKEKE [The Ballad of Cho Seung-hui] (An amateur rap song from Cho's perspective, written for the V-Tech Rampage game. It's not very good from an unironic standpoint, but it does fit the tone of the game quite well and features more explicit references to the shooting than most other songs on this list. The followup game, The Slaying of Sandy Hook, also had a song created for it, Kukishi's TSO.SHE.OST, but only its first verse is explicitly about Lanza, with the rest of the song going off on a pro-gun control tangent, including outright blaming anti-gun control members of congress for the shooting and saying they killed 'them' just as much as Lanza did. Considering TSoSH was created with a pro-gun control message in mind, while V-Tech Rampage was just created as an edgy joke game, it makes sense. But I still prefer KEKEKE because it stays on the topic of the shooting itself.)

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays (About Brenda Spencer. Has the rare honour of being praised by an actual shooter; Lanza said he preferred it, as well as 'The Omaha Shopping Mall Blues' [a song about Robert Hawkins that, from what I can tell, is now lost media] over Pumped Up Kicks.)

Weezer - Lullaby for Wayne (Believed to be about Wayne Lo, as it is about a man named Wayne, who is a member of the 'class of 1988' [the year Lo started college] and is repeatedly told to 'put them guns away.' However, this has never been explicitly confirmed by the band, and a lot of Weezer fans seem to deny that meaning of the song and think 'Wayne' is just a made up character.)

Yellowcard - April 20th (A song vaguely about Columbine. It features a sample of a news broadcast at the start of the song, and references it in the title, but otherwise, comes off as a generic edgy high school rebellion song.)

Sufficient-weight likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kommandant_Breivik

Kommandant_Breivik

Contribution Points : 21730

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 7:07 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 31034
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 7:15 pm

SturmGeist - Sturmgiest_89 (the lyrics reference the Jokela school shooting the band had also appeared on Pekka's list of favourite of musicians on his YouTube profile.)

Hariki for the sky - 69 Dead birds for Utoya (As the name suggests the Utoya shooting committed by Anders Breivik

hikikomori

Contribution Points : 12924

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 10:10 pm

Pigs - Tyler, the Creator

its based around Eric and Dylan, Tyler said this in a tweet (can't find it but its online)

Parrkyeng likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 3:59 am

Back to top Go down
hikikomori

hikikomori

Contribution Points : 12924

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 11:04 pm

sorry for bumping cause its literally one lyric but
roman reloaded - nicki minaj
"take you bitches to school than i columbine these hoes"

idk i just really wanted to mention that because i never expected nicki minaj to pull that

Drum$tick and tellecat like this post

Back to top Go down
pseudosnuff

pseudosnuff

Contribution Points : 6795

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 7:16 pm

Rampage - Nicole Dollanganger: uses clips of Eric Harris in Hitman For Hire. Also has a song called Lividity which makes a lot of references to him

Nobody Thinks about Me - Michael Graves: Mentions Columbine and makes references to the shooting

Columbine - Nightmare at Hanging Rock: A really goofy song but is very explicitly about Columbine/even mentions the Trench Coat Mafia

Nightmare at Hanging Rock has a lot of songs about different murderers, though most of their songs are pretty mediocre

losercide likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:58 am

$uicideboy$- Hard to tell
"Turn this bitch into Virginia Tech"
$uicideboy$- Converting
"Shout out to all the school shooters"
$uicideboy$- Heavily Medicated
"Lo-fi Columbine Kill them all with time"
Back to top Go down
losercide

losercide

Contribution Points : 9235
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 3:55 am

pseudosnuff wrote:
Rampage - Nicole Dollanganger: uses clips of Eric Harris in Hitman For Hire. Also has a song called Lividity which makes a lot of references to him

Nobody Thinks about Me - Michael Graves: Mentions Columbine and makes references to the shooting

Columbine - Nightmare at Hanging Rock: A really goofy song but is very explicitly about Columbine/even mentions the Trench Coat Mafia

Nightmare at Hanging Rock has a lot of songs about different murderers, though most of their songs are pretty mediocre
Didn't know Nicole Dollanganger had a song like that, I love her music.

tellecat and pseudosnuff like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?   What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are any songs that you know of that reference mass murder?
Page 1 of 1