Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twenty-three years of Columbine

Go down 
+3
Screamingophelia
James411
LPorter101
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

Twenty-three years of Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 10:48 pm

We're coming up to that time of year again - less than two months to go until the anniversary of the massacre.

So much time has passed that there are now college graduates who were not yet born on April 20, 1999.

Contribution Points : 85139
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 8:14 pm

There people who were born around the time columbine happened who are married and have kids its crazy.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 8:48 pm

I think Steven Curnow would be in his mid 30's now and he is kind of ingrained in our minds a 14 year old boy..

I cannot believe it's been 23 years.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 2:25 am

Saturday, March 6, 1999

The Rampart Range video is filmed:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35727
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 3:16 am

I just turned 15 April 3rd when it happened, I don't remember hearing about it tho.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:33 pm

Thursday, March 25, 1999

Dylan and his family drive to Arizona to pick out his dorm room.

Techv4921

Contribution Points : 26761
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 pm

From my perspective, the last few years in particular have flown by in such a crazy way. Weirdly I have clear memories of the last few April 20th's.

Would rather be a chimp.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2022 10:55 am

This is the first year since I moved to the area that I won't be able to go to the memorial the day of Sad

So, I will try to go the day before or after.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 10:44 pm

One week to go.

What was it like for them, going through all the motions of daily life, knowing that they were about to unleash so much misery on so many people? Did they ever pause to give any thought to the sheer amount of human suffering they were planning to bring about? Or did it just not seem important to them?

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Monday, April 19, 1999

This was the last full day of their lives.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 7:44 pm

I'm going to the memorial tomorrow morning to pay my respects.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 11:13 am

No matter how long it has been, I always feel sad today. It is probably because of the friends I made, the work I do and how much if affected many of us back then. It was something that affected me a lot, and I'm grateful for my friend who was there, they made me feel less weird because they understood why.

I can't make it to the memorial until tomorrow Sad I usually get flowers and take a walk around the park.

remrem25

Contribution Points : 45085
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 11:16 am

23 years of hell for me. I will never forget this day. They say time heals wounds .... not tue

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 12:35 pm

Tuesday, April 20, 1999 - 10:30 a.m.

Less than an hour to go now.

I like to believe that, up until the moment they started firing, Eric and Dylan could have been saved. But that's probably wishful thinking.

Here's a timeline of the events of 4/20:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Tuesday, April 20, 1999 - 11:20 a.m.

The killing has begun. Eric and Dylan are murderers now.

In the next few minutes, Cassie Bernall, Steve Curnow, Corey DePooter, Kelly Fleming, Matt Kechter, Daniel Mauser, Daniel Rohrbough, Rachel Scott, Isaiah Shoels, John Tomlin, Lauren Townsend, and Kyle Velasquez will all die. (Some of them are already dead.)

Dave Sanders will linger on for a couple of hours before bleeding to death.

All the while, hundreds of cops will stand outside the school, doing nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 6:46 pm

Last edited by Heresy on Tue May 10, 2022 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 5:11 pm

I went today! I brought flowers and took time to reflect. I always have the strange fear that the families are going to see a lot more flowers on someone else’s plaque or gravestone than other Victims. I remember on the 19th Rachel’s grave is next to Coreys Rachel had an abundance of flowers and Cory did not have as much so I put down a whole bouquet of tulips.

I am freaked out by something. I double checked to see if this might be the same person, but you know that girl who has an infatuation with Corey? ?forever my souljer I think she may have been here yesterday or today. Because someone wrote on the path up to rebel hell wrote something about how I never met you Corey but I love you forever yours…

Techv4921

Contribution Points : 26761
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 3:42 pm

Is it 2027 that more documents possibly get released? Will be interesting to see

Would rather be a chimp.
Back to top Go down
T C F

Contribution Points : 19243
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 2:52 am

23 years of pathetic copycats........

CSIAgent, 22:22 and Timur's Swan Song dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twenty-three years of Columbine   Twenty-three years of Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twenty-three years of Columbine
Page 1 of 1