Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the hell?

Go down 
+5
bit_bit46
Lunkhead McGrath
Laeda
Jenn
areyoulistening
9 posters
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 102047
Forum Reputation : 0

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Why are we still interested in what happened?

Last edited by areyoulistening on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119008
Forum Reputation : 1004

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Because there are a lot of unanswered questions and we just keep looking and looking in hopes of finding them. A lot of things we don't understand, that we try to understand, keeps us coming back to it.

Back to top Go down

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 am

Jenn wrote:
Because there are a lot of unanswered questions and we just keep looking and looking in hopes of finding them. A lot of things we don't understand, that we try to understand, keeps us coming back to it.
I agree.
Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 101756

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:01 pm

That's it, If everything was clear and solved we wouldn't be so interested

Contribution Points : 76536
Forum Reputation : 225

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:46 pm

90s nostalgia
Back to top Go down
bit_bit46

bit_bit46

Contribution Points : 42302
Forum Reputation : 100

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 7:23 pm

@Lunkhead McGrath same for me too. I was in 8th grade when it happened and it just takes me back to that time.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193457
Forum Reputation : 1317

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 9:57 am

1999 was definitely a memorable year for me. I remember my brother’s best friend committed suicide, then my grandpa died, I got into college and then Columbine happened and that changed a lot for people my age.

Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79078
Forum Reputation : 304

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 5:07 pm

On the one hand, I kind of feel like 'what Else is there to say, that we dont allready know'. And you are slightly correct. The videos of Sue Klebold, for instance, doesnt tell me more than what Ive allready learned as Ive read the book and watched the interviews. Yet, the book is very insightful. I would say the same about Cullen, allthough I aknowledge that hes not very popular around here.

Theres much to learn, but I have to say, Im not really that interested in the actual shooting, but the psychology behind it.

Also, another challenge is that the 11k documents are not entirely reliable as a source, and neither are old interviews. You dont wether to trust them or how reliable they are.

I think people just assume that they are accurate because they are out there. Yet, dig a little bit and you find that some of those statements are misplaced. How are HS kids supposed to give an accurate potrayal of the psychology of Eric and Dylan? They cant, of course.
Take Nathan Vanderaus' statement about 'cup of fecal matter thrown at them'. Is he referencing the actual shooters or is he referencing the TCM? For which we all know are not the same thing. The TCM seems to have endured truly abusive behaviour. Eric and Dylan were only friends with them.

We cant just always pander to what we have been taught. Sometimes we have to re- shape our understanding of events in order to get a better perspective.
Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38412
Forum Reputation : 105

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 3:21 pm

Maybe its the thought that 2 people are able to "accomplish" a Goal without betraying each other. They where able to continue with their Daily-lives,while simultaneslouly preparing for their attack and holding their friendship up. Still today we dont know how it all started, how they beheaved while beeing with each other and especially why they did what.they did(besides the bullied-psychopath-depressive-label) Even with all the available Information we still dont know why 2 people are able to commit a crime like this together. Just a thought .
Back to top Go down
TheBigLebowski

Contribution Points : 53035

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Jenn wrote:

Yes, this. Also, I was born 1978 and thus somewhat of that generation. Apart from all the unanswered questions, it also attracts to me from a melancholic point of view. Can't really explain.

By the way, I have a history of depression and am a bit more interested in Dylan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell?   Why the hell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the hell?
Page 1 of 1