Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric Harris Psychopath?

Go down 
+3
Jenn
lasttrain
PaintItBlack
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:47 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
Magnaphoria wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
The small things we know from him early childhood shows that he was an unusual vulnerable and anxious child. Just remember the baseball-stories from Plattsburgh

Don't leave yet! Can you elaborate on this statement you made? It's the first time I'm hearing about this. P-please Sad

When Eric lived as a child in Plattsburgh, he played Baseball there. His former team members later remembered, that he refused to try to hit the ball with his baseball bat, because he was afraid that he could disappoint his team members. For me that sounds like a very vulnerable and anxious child. And given the fact, that there are no reports of bullying from his time at Plattsburgh, his huge social anxiety did not seem to have been the product of rejection from peers, but came from inside.

Absolutely exquisite point, Hale-Bopp.

The constant uprooting he had to do as a young child, all the readjustments he had to make, the loss of friends could have caused such anxiety in him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:46 am

social anxiety , bullying and MOVING - Can you imagine small child with social anxiety and moving from place to the place? New school , new people for him and i am sure that he got bullied because he was "silent" and "weird".

Eric Harris was not born as Narcistic or Psychopath , he probably turned into it because of his life experiences.

Narcissistic disorder is "self-defence" in 99% of cases
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:16 am

columbine22 wrote:
social anxiety , bullying  and MOVING   - Can you imagine small child with social anxiety  and moving from place to the place? New school , new people for him and i am sure that  he got bullied because he  was "silent" and "weird".

Eric Harris was not born as Narcistic or Psychopath , he probably turned into it because of his life experiences.

Narcissistic disorder is "self-defence" in 99% of cases

That is exactly, what I wanted to explain.

But the fact, that there were reasons, that he got narcissistic and possibly psychopathic does not change the fact, that he was narcissistic and possibly psychopathic. To say, that Eric very likely had psychopathic tendencies, is simply acknowledging of what he became.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:39 am

Very good points everyone.

I think the argument comes from the fact that the title of Psychopath is often used for Eric as a cause.

The question should really be is it a cause or a symptom of the cause. In reading some testimonials as to the amount of abuse both he and Dylan were subjected to at Columbine and by students outside of school I would argue that whatever they became (narcissists or psychopaths) was a symptom of the abuse and not the other way around.

That is to say without being victims themselves they probably would not have committed the massacre.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

I still don't see Eric as a psychopath. But then I and other sympathizers see things in him many people don't see.Most just see an angry, rageful killer.Of course that part of him was there or he would not have killed others and himself.But I see a very hurt, intelligent,sensitive young man who was easily hurt and felt things very deeply and personally and whose nature didn't allow him to easily shake things off. As I said before,I don't think the gap between the two beliefs will ever be bridged.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris Psychopath?   Eric Harris  Psychopath? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Harris Psychopath?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2