Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why Adam was so underweight

Go down 
+5
vril
anna444
QuestionMark
scythezoid
NEXT STEP UP
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43104
Forum Reputation : 720

Why Adam was so underweight Empty
PostSubject: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 5:39 pm

Adam mentioned in the John Zerzan call that chimpanzees are supposed to weigh in the lower hundreds. Given that he mentioned that he wished he was born a chimp, I feel like his anorexia, his vegan diet, and this factoid are all connected.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

mehm likes this post

Back to top Go down
scythezoid

scythezoid

Contribution Points : 15941
Forum Reputation : 85

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 6:26 pm

Yes, I would agree with this statement. I think another reason is that he was very obsessive about things, for example switching socks and washing his hands excessively. For him, anorexia was just another obsession.

NEXT STEP UP, genericregistryemail and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 3:03 am

The vegan diet certainly did him no favors. In the radio call he mentions that Travis’s diet left him overweight for a chimp, so perhaps Lanza felt self conscious about eating food like everyone else.

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 3:28 am

QuestionMark wrote:
The vegan diet certainly did him no favors. In the radio call he mentions that Travis’s diet left him overweight for a chimp, so perhaps Lanza felt self conscious about eating food like everyone else.
Yeah, or maybe he felt that his weight was what humans were "supposed to" weigh.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
anna444

anna444

Contribution Points : 17350
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 2:25 pm

Plus, with his sensory processing disorder, it makes it difficult to feel hunger cues.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 2:37 pm

anna444 wrote:
Plus, with his sensory processing disorder, it makes it difficult to feel hunger cues.
I have autism and I won't feel hunger for most of the day, and then right at the end I'll just turn into a food vacuum cleaner.

QuestionMark, Jo, anna444 and Arkan like this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22454
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
anna444 wrote:
I have autism and I won't feel hunger for most of the day, and then right at the end I'll just turn into a food vacuum cleaner.

"I have autism" we can tell

Wanderer likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 6:07 pm

vril wrote:
NEXT STEP UP wrote:
anna444 wrote:

Sorry for not dropping the n-word enough, Mr. Mason

roachface likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16682
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 9:45 am

I think they found links to pro-anorexia sites on his bookmarks. "Pro-Ana" and "Thinspo" communities were pretty common back then, especially on places like Tumblr. And I'm gonna be honest, veganism is a really shit diet that did Lanza no favors. It's literally just malnutrition. There are about 15 important nutrients that you can only get from animal products. It's just starving yourself for a moral/ethical position which is why vegans tend to be mentally ill and gaunt-looking, like Lanza. You can get away with vegetarianism if you're eating eggs or dairy. I believe it was also said in a report that Lanza had measurable brain damage from malnutrition.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
touchmetillivomit

touchmetillivomit

Contribution Points : 12300
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 4:08 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

i remember losing an insane amount of weight when i went vegan (ive since gone back to being vegetarian) so i have no doubt adams veganism contributed to his low weight. his struggles with anorexia obviously did not help. chronic malnutrition from such a bad diet will ruin your brain

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22454
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 4:32 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
vril wrote:
NEXT STEP UP wrote:
anna444 wrote:

Sorry for not dropping the n-word enough, Mr. Mason

That's not why I think you're autistic.

Wanderer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fuckcomments

Fuckcomments

Contribution Points : 12512
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 12:36 am

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
anna444 wrote:

I have autism too and I will usually eat one big meal during the day and that’s it.

NEXT STEP UP and vril like this post

Back to top Go down
Arkan

Arkan

Contribution Points : 24596
Forum Reputation : 872

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 5:48 pm

I eat 4 meals a day, but again I exercise 2 hours a day

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Adam was so underweight   Why Adam was so underweight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Adam was so underweight
Page 1 of 1