Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3D Model / Walk around

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

3D Model / Walk around Empty
PostSubject: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Hey.

I had this idea that I wanted to share.

I am wanting to create and design a 3D Model which the user can walk around in the Columbine school, to better understand it's layout, where everything was, the path that Eric and Dylan would have taken during the shooting.

For educational purposes, no students and no gameplay.

Would you consider this a decent idea, should I start an attempt. Or do you think it would be too taboo?

I'd love to hear your opinion Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Been considering doing a project like this for some time now. Might start planning and begin work during summer break.

Would need a lot of resources though, mainly a overhead map of the school haha
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95354
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:54 pm

It seems like a really nice idea, I would like to see that too.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102662
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:10 pm

I also think this would be a great idea, but i think accuracy and scale would be very important. Personally from a visual perspective i find this simple map of the school pretty useful in establishing where some of the main rooms were located in relation to one another:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The CNN timeline diagram of events could also be a useful tool if you were going to undertake such a project:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's plenty of maps out there though and a great deal of evidence that could help create an as accurate as possible 3D walk through. However there's also a great deal of useful maps that unfortunately have inaccurate information accompanying them.
As i said though, i think this would be a great idea if it was aimed to give others a better understanding of the school layout as it was at the time of the shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Some awesome stuff here. I have a few people interested in helping me with this so if I decide to start this project I'll keep everyone updated.

I may start by doing the library or the cafeteria, and releasing it in steps. Not sure yet, need to plan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101622
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:58 pm

I imagine it like google maps, but inside the school. It could have points of interest to indicate where witness statements are found inside the building.  Though, there will always be people who will question it for some reason. I wouldn't worry about that too much, because it does matter to some people that want to learn more without having to buy a book about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Model / Walk around   3D Model / Walk around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3D Model / Walk around
Page 1 of 1