Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 April 20,2018 walk out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: April 20,2018 walk out    Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Darn  allergies. My eyes are watering.

On Twitter I guess high school students all across the country are trying to plan a walk out on April 20. I need get more details I just saw it  on my Facebook feed.


But the researcher in me wants to tell them that the shooting started actually around 11:18  or so. But I like the significance of 11 AM Colorado time.


It’s irony though that students currently at Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
STK

avatar

Posts : 713
Contribution Points : 18070
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Stoners all over the nation must be excited.

_________________
"The bombs with dynamite surcharged their deadly missiles fling,
And gaily on their fatal work the dumdum bullets sing."
- William Lloyd Garrison, Jr.'s parody of “Onward Christian Soldiers"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Stoners all over the nation must be excited.

This way when they don't show up to class they can claim this an excuse.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White

avatar

Posts : 992
Contribution Points : 44256
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 34
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.

I don't know for certain, just an assumption.

I agree with you on that one. It would be like opening old wounds again. They are trying to mourn and the media is like "hey guys! Care to share how sad you are?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Draw_It_White

avatar

Posts : 992
Contribution Points : 44256
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 34
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.

I don't know for certain, just an assumption.

I agree with you on that one. It would be like opening old wounds again. They are trying to mourn and the media is like "hey guys! Care to share how sad you are?'

I expect most, if not all, families would support it and perhaps do the media side of things - on any day but the one they have chosen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 am

I can understand why people chose that date though. However I think if the media comes and tries to bother people they won't be met with happiness.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
myshame



Posts : 285
Contribution Points : 17140
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

I've heard that some are planning to boycott school until gun laws are changed. I think it's a good cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:58 pm

A good cause yes, but honestly I think this will likely cause more problems and have very little to no effect on the reason for the boycott/walkouts.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REBdoomer1999

avatar

Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 12997
Join date : 2017-05-03
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think it's a good cause.
I don't know about that. My guns never hurt anyone.

_________________
a real human bean
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think it's a good cause.
I don't know about that. My guns never hurt anyone.

While true for the majority of responsible gun owners(myself included) you have to admit that something needs to change.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REBdoomer1999

avatar

Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 12997
Join date : 2017-05-03
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes, something needs to change. But what that is exactly, I have no idea. I think violence has a lot more to do with American culture than the prevalence of firearms. Switzerland for example has a relatively high gun ownership rate, at almost a quarter of their population, and they don't seem to be nearly as violent of a nation as the United States.

_________________
a real human bean
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator


Posts : 3599
Contribution Points : 57158
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 am

It's mentality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
April 20,2018 walk out
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Batman Parody Musical! April 2012!
» A walk along the shore...
» A Walk To Remember
» Character of the Month: April
» WolfQuest Update!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: