Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dave Cullen's hypocrisy

Go down 
+9
Draw_It_White
tfsa47090
Jenn
PaintItBlack
lasttrain
Juicy Jazzy
Mj2beat
perpetual state
LPorter101
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:14 pm

I love Melissa McCarthy, but what is she doing? Tammy looked awful from 1st preview, & now 22% top-critics rating at RT.

Who's Melissa McCarthy? Oh, wait - she's that fat woman on TV.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, before you say anything, remember that the camera always adds ten pounds. So be nice. Very Happy

Me too—although she’s on a bad trend. Apparently she played role in kicking out Mike/Molly show runner, now unwatchable. @BrigidKemmerer

I've never watched Mike and Molly, so I don't care one way or another.

Literally unwatchable for me. I took Mke/Molly off my Tivo list. She demanded changes, & it’s been so dumbed down. @BrigidKemmerer

Dave, it's TiVo, not Tivo. Everyone knows that.

Boycott EvilAmazon where it hurts them most. #WarOnBooks RT @PublishersWkly Amazon's New Phone Appears To Be Tanking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a shame. I encourage everyone to buy as much stuff from Amazon as possible.

Dave Cullen did a Hachette job on Eric and Dylan, so I have little sympathy for him or his publisher.

All Quiet on the Western Front blew me away. I read while in the infantry, felt exactly like my life. RT @tnr WW I

So you were an infantryman - a grunt. Interesting.

How many people did you kill?

What happened, Dave? Did you get sucked into it? Did you like it too much? Davey got too close to the flame. Davey liked it.

In German, the book is called In the West Nothing New. (I would add a comma between West and Nothing, but I'm a pedant.)

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 pm

How much money has Dave made from Amazon sales in time? A heck of a lot. The fact that he is against them now makes me want to be an Amazon customer more than ever. I like how he calls them "evil." What a melodramatic touch.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 am

Okay, there's something I really want to know.

Has Dave Cullen ever shot anyone? Has he ever killed anyone?

He was born in 1961, so he served as an Army infantryman in the ... late '70s? Early '80s? That was after Vietnam, so he wouldn't have gunned down any gooks. Could he have served in Grenada?

Has he ever fired a bullet at a living, breathing person? If so, when, where, and why?

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:27 am

Often I ask myself, "What if all of my efforts are for naught? What if, in the end, Cullen's book retains its status as The Definite Account of the Columbine Massacre?"

The answer is that, while I hope to see Cullen exposed as a liar before the whole world, I don't need to discredit him, per se, in order to feel that I have accomplished something. If I can manage to convince even one person to take another look at the evidence, then my efforts have been worthwhile.

Ultimately, most people in any given society swallow unquestioningly the orthodoxy spouted by social authorities. Parroting the official line has always been and will always be the safest course of action. The consequences of dissent range from ridicule to exclusion to death.

It has always been thus, and it ever shall be so. It sucks, but there's little we can do about it.

Undyne

Contribution Points : 101863
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:10 pm

"Man, I hate that Dave Cullen drew conclusions about Eric Harris using the flimsiest of evidence. Okay, back to psychoanalyzing Cullen by what he says on his Twitter account."
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 pm

sergeant hartman wrote:
"Man, I hate that Dave Cullen drew conclusions about Eric Harris using the flimsiest of evidence.  Okay, back to psychoanalyzing Cullen by what he says on his Twitter account."

You took the words right out of my mouth. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:19 pm

sergeant hartman wrote:
Okay, back to psychoanalyzing Cullen by what he says on his Twitter account."

Dave, feel free to psychoanalyze me. I've already given you a wealth of material.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm

After 20-yr absence, about to try building w/ Habitat for Humanity again. Just confirmed shift this Saturday. Smile

Be careful with that nail gun, Dave.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Signed the 1 copy of #Columbine at the @barbarasbooks at O’Hare, near gate H4. (Maybe I should let u know when I’m coming. Smile )

Dave, I have absolutely no interest in knowing about your orgasms.

Oh, wait ... you meant something else. My bad. Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:37 pm

It’s legal to mock. RT @AP: Fan caught on TV napping...sues ESPN announers for $10M, says they mocked him: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, it most certainly is. Everyone has the right to mock everyone else.

Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Wow. I had no idea. RT @Slate: It's official: No one wants to host the Winter Olympics. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You don't have a clue, either, but that's never stopped you before.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:40 pm

That’s reasonable. But my problem is that most kids bored shitless the way we teach English/reading/writing. @rpondiscio

That's why every single English teacher in America needs to force his or her students to read Cullenbine. It's the most exciting book ever written.

We turn reading into a chore, to be despised. We turn most people into lifetime non-readers. (And shuddering non-writers.) @rpondiscio

Who are "we," Dave? You're not an English teacher.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Headed home. Had really nice time w my fambly & made a big dent in dad's garden & fruit trees.

What is a fambly? Do you mean family? Learn to spell.

You made a big dent in your father's garden? When you say that, this is what I see in my mind:

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Just got bumped up to seat airline seat w extra legroom. Ahhhhh. Makes like so much more pleasant.

Yes, it does.

Do you have long legs, Dave? Are you a tall guy?

How tall are you, Dave? 6'2"? 5'4"? 7'1"?

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Don't you know that Dave Cullen is an absolute expert on every possible subject? Nobody alive knows more than him about anything.

LPorter101 wrote:
That’s reasonable. But my problem is that most kids bored shitless the way we teach English/reading/writing. @rpondiscio

That's why every single English teacher in America needs to force his or her students to read Cullenbine. It's the most exciting book ever written.

We turn reading into a chore, to be despised. We turn most people into lifetime non-readers. (And shuddering non-writers.) @rpondiscio

Who are "we," Dave? You're not an English teacher.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Hey, Dave Cullen actually (sort of) praised Brooks Brown!

@DaveCullen Have you read Brooks Brown book? (What did you think?) pic.twitter.com/WRrlIGMgmF

Yes. It had some useful info. It’s one high school kid’s point of view, which was also useful to hear. @shontanese

So you're actually admitting that Brooks' book had some merit? Wow.

Brooks, what do you have on Dave? Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm

The word @Amazon makes me shudder now. #WarOnBooks RT @PublishersWkly Amazon Responds to Guild's Richard Russo Letter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know what you mean, Dave. God intended women to be petite and demure. If a bitch is six feet tall, then the least she can do is wear flats!

Oh, wait ... you're talking about the company. Sorry, Dave, I have no sympathy for you. In fact, I'm rooting for Bezos.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks! RT @rpondiscio: Finished Columbine last night. First-rate reporting and brilliant narrative. An exceptional achievement. Bravo.

Every time someone praises Cullen's book, Satan has an orgasm.

Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95054
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Every time someone praises Cullen's book, Satan has an orgasm.

LOL LOL  

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Glad to be done RT @michaelpestel happy for you. Taking me months to read Columbine b/c it's so painful. Can't imagine living it for 10 yrs+

Reading Cullenbine was a painful experience for me, as well.

By the time I finished the book, I had lost all faith in humanity. I seriously considered disemboweling myself. But then I ate a cookie and life seemed worth living again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks! RT @soyjournalista: Finishing up "Columbine" by @DaveCullen TOUGH read bc of topic but excellently done. I highly recommend it.

I highly recommend that you shut the fuck up.

Sorry - I'm being an asshole. That was unwarranted. You are an imbecile, of course, but I should be polite enough to refrain from telling you what you are.

It's the sugar - I've been eating cookies and they're messing me up. Sugar makes me hyper, and when I get hyper, I get nasty.

[takes a deep breath]

There. Now I'm all Zen again.

Groupon has a 60% off sale on Dragon NaturallySpeaking, so I'm going to try it again, to dictate copy.

Oh, for fuck's sake, just be a man and admit it: You're mesmerized by the sound of your own voice, aren't you?

By the way, I never pegged you as a coupon-clipper, Dave. Are you having money problems? Or are you a miserly cheapskate?

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks! RT @Karl_Gray1210 @ijustread #Columbine amazing book about a horrific event in US History! The years of research put in are evident!

Your enthusiasm is not infectious! Switch to decaf!

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Yes, of course. RT @anticdays: is there any reaserch on the relationship between Eric and Dylan…?

No, but that's okay - Dave Cullen is psychic.

Their parents were not speaking, but I gathered what I could. @anticdays

Yes, I'm sure you did. But did you ever pause to consider that your rectum was not an archive?

East Village is so different. 

Just walking past this band on way home from a wonderful rooftop party. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I were attending a rooftop party and you showed up, I'd probably jump to my death on the street below.

Not sure why that shredding makes me so happy – but it does. Smile Or what took me so long. Oh, I know: the $20 sale. Smile

Ah, so that's what you do with the facts that don't support your preconceived conclusion - you turn them into pulpy fettuccine. How lovely.

Smile I recently discovered they are very healthy. Because mostly peanut. RT @sarazarr:... M&Ms are an important office supply, I've found.

I was reading that some rock star used to demand that the venue provide a bowl of M&Ms, but with all of the ones of a certain color taken out - brown, I think.

Some reporters caught wind of this and wrote a bunch of articles saying, "Oh, Mr. Big Rock Star is a coddled prick who shuns brown M&Ms. What an asshole."

But it turned out that he had a good rationale for making such an odd request. His act relied on dangerous pyrotechnics, and he needed to make sure that the setters-uppers* were following his instructions to the letter. If he found brown M&Ms in the bowl, then he knew right away that someone wasn't doing his or her job.

Does any of this relate in any conceivable fashion to Dave Cullen, the ostensible subject of this thread? Nah.

*Some might say, "That's not a word!" But I say, "Wkljklw is a word. Jfljklsjks is a word. A word is a string of letters that represents** a person, an object, and/or an idea. So fuck you." Very Happy

**Before the grammar Nazis start spewing their bullshit, let me point out that "string" is singular.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

New way to boycott @Amazon: I just changed my IRA fund and requested restriction of no Amazon stock. @PublishersWkly  @GalleyCat #WarOnBooks

You have an IRA fund? As in, the Irish Republican Army? You support terrorism?

Wow.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

I just ordered the Bose earbuds. Bought ur argument that if I spent all that on iphone/music, why skimp on speakers? @stevensonseth

I hate earbuds.

I use these:

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks! RT @jfrumkin: Finished it while on vacation, so forgot to shout to @DaveCullen's amazing 'Columbine'.  Learned so much.

Satan's balls must be empty by now.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Thank u! MT @stevensonseth: Think you have weird ear canals and no earphones fit? I Hate My Earbuds. So I Searched  http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2014/07/earbuds_that_won_t_fall_out_testing_earhero_yurbuds_stayhear_tips_and_more.html …

So you have weird ear canals? No earphones fit?

How did your ear canal get all stretched out?

Wait - don't tell me. I don't want to know.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 pm

Really? I only use iPhone as my watch. RT @PamelaPaulNYT: ...I still feel adrift on those two days a year when I forget to wear a watch.

I used to get antsy when airlines made me turn off my “watch.” @PamelaPaulNYT

Ah, so you're one of those people who have to be twiddling with their phones EVERY SECOND OF EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY OF EVERY WEEK OF EVERY MONTH OF EVERY YEAR.

Those schmucks are sehr annoying.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 pm

I spent 7 yrs w/ a serial breaker-upper,  & sent spreadsheet of his 22 breakups. Went over BADLY! Smile pic.twitter.com/nUfqdlWPN9 @BuzzFeed

You spent seven years in a bad relationship? Are you that much of a non-catch?

Sorry, Dave - that was a low blow. And you'd know all about blowing down low, wouldn't you? Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 pm

I LOVE him! RT @BuzzFeed Man Emailed Wife Spreadsheet That Logged Times She’d Said No To Sex [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's the nice thing about being single ... I can have sex with my hand any time, day or night. Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Perfect. RT @randomhouse: "All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know." - Ernest Hemingway

Wow, that's easy.

"Dave Cullen is full of shit." - Larry Porter

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Only 6 or 7 episodes of #TrueBlood left, but not sure I can watch them all. What a shame. Tonight was just a chore.  No forward movement.

Is that the show with that 6'5" stud, Joe Manganiello?

His character in Magic Mike is called "Big Dick Charlie" ... but they used a prosthesis, so the camera does lie.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Up early, wolfing down cereal to catch the E train out to Queens to build w @HabitatNYC. See u soon. Will be sleepy.

You're planning to work with hammers and nails, and you're tired? Not good.

You're eating ... cereal for breakfast? Before performing hard manual labor? Not smart.

Be careful, Dave. You're not getting any younger.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 pm

The thing about libraries: They will always need people to write the new books. Those people have to eat. @gypsylib @thedailybeast

What do you eat, Dave? I ask because I can smell your shit from here.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:57 pm

4 yrs ago, boarded a plane w/ 2 bags, 2 boxes, praying key was really under the matt at the unseen sublet. No job, no friends...

Yes, you were just another anonymous loser, scuttling along the gutter.

Those were good days. Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 pm

How cool to see Bill Hader pick “Columbine” as one of his faves in @nytimesbooks "By the Book" piece. Thank you! @haderonline

It certainly leaves me feeling cool.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:01 am

I’ve been thinking about it. Bad? RT @RyanNewYork: When people tell me they have switched to Android (cc @jetthouse)

I have one of those el-cheapo LG phones. It works for me.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:03 am

Yes! I’m trying to cut down, but can’t stop. RT @PublishersWkly: Do you write in your books? | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  @GuardianBooks

What do you write in your own book, Dave?

BRILLIANT!
OH, GOD, YES!
SO TRUE!
YOU, DAVE CULLEN, ARE THE BESTEST AUTHOR IN THE HISTORY OF AUTHORDOM! I LOVE YOU!

And that's just the first page. Very Happy

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 am

Everyone should do themselves a favor and read @DaveCullen 's COLUMBINE. up there with Shipler's Arab and Jew as a favorite non-fiction

Do us all a favor and pull on your necktie until it hurts.

@bradmelmore Isn't that the truth. @DaveCullen

No, it's not, actually.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:07 am

Is it me, or does Dave bear a slight resemblance to Bret Easton Ellis?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 am

This is the oldest picture of Dave I've been able to find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He thought he was pretty hot stuff, didn't he? He seemed awfully smug.

When was that picture taken, Dave? Quite a few years ago, no doubt.

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Why do people fawn over this man so? Besides his huge ego, he has a very arrogant, patronizing personality to anyone who doesn't agree with his book or his ideas. I don't get it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 1:50 am

Dave Cullen has a weird reception in the Instagram group.

One user feels he ignores any evidence or facts about Dylan Klebold

Another feels he scared the Harris family out of ever wanting to come out about their experience

One feels his book is rubbish and tells people to buy Brooks Brown's book instead

I haven't read Dave Cullen's book and I don't know if I will
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83896
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 10:28 am

I can't believe I ever missed this thread with LPorter's unbelievably funny posts! cheers

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83896
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Army of One wrote:

Don't bother, lol, and especially don't pay for it if you do.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Army of One wrote:
Dave Cullen has a weird reception in the Instagram group.

One user feels he ignores any evidence or facts about Dylan Klebold

Another feels he scared the Harris family out of ever wanting to come out about their experience

One feels his book is rubbish and tells people to buy Brooks Brown's book instead

I would highly recommend Cullen's book. He lived in Littleton for a long time researching it. Had the cooperation of a lot of families, including the Rohrboughs, Sanders, and Ireland families. He had access to Kate Battan.

His account of Eric and Dylan is based on the leading medical research (he did fifty interviews with Dwayne Fuselier), and he sticks very closely to the 11k in all of his narration of the incident.

There was one error in the book--he claimed that Eric slept with Brenda Parker--but he has apparently since corrected that.

Plus it's very well written, and that matters too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen's hypocrisy   Dave Cullen's hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Cullen's hypocrisy
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next