Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
42099_4EVA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66035
Forum Reputation : 28

Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Empty
PostSubject: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 6:44 pm

Seeing Eric and Dylan's homes that they lived in, were they and their parents rich or wealthy? Because those homes looked like mansions and like they would cost a pretty fortune. So were the Harris' and Klebolds rich, or wealthy? Or just like the average financially stable family - able to make ends meet?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193382
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 10:26 am

I think the Harris home was pretty standard for the area. His dad probably had money from the military and more than likely made a good living.

Sue talks about the house and their financial situation in her book. The area they lived in is now filled with million-dollar homes and according to her book they had a LOT of work to do on the house, so it was not necessarily as nice as the others in the area. They were probably considered middle class/upper middle class.

They had more money than me growing up that's for sure.

42099_4EVA and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Contribution Points : 13639
Forum Reputation : 92

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 am

Upper middle class. Certainly well off compared to most Americans, but fairly typical for suburban Colorado.

42099_4EVA, vril, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16557
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2023 12:19 pm

I'd say they were upper middle class, but I think Dylan was probably closer to "wealthy" than Eric was. Eric and his family had a pretty normal suburban home, but Dylan had a big house that looks like it was built in the 70s, and it has a guest house and tennis court.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan

42099_4EVA, Amokauliflower, vril, anna444, Samson and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91181
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 1:43 pm

I wonder what happened to Eric's Honda and Dylans BMW?

NateCollie

Contribution Points : 10419
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 7:27 am

bradt93 wrote:
I wonder what happened to Eric's Honda and Dylans BMW?

Dylan auctioned his on eBay and someone actually bought it before it was closed down a few days after the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?   Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were Eric and Dylan and their parents' rich or wealthy?
Page 1 of 1