Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's apathy

Go down 
+2
MysteryMan
perpetual state
6 posters
AuthorMessage
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 92467
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 pm

I wonder if Dylan ever cared about anything or anybody in his life. Did Dylan ever appreciate or care about his parents? They seem to give him everything. He never seem apologetic to them in the basement tapes or to his friends. He never say goodbye to Robin in the end like Eric did with Susan. Did Dylan truly care about Brooks, Zach, Chris, Nate, Devon? I heard he wouldn't mind killing Devon. I mean he never care much about school. He's a slacker in both school and work. He doesn't care about himself either. Wonder if he cuts to make sure he's not numb.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90758
Forum Reputation : 12

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:13 am

We don't know it for sure. As far as I know the transcripts from the basement tapes are incomplete (correct me if I'm wrong).
Back to top Go down

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 am

I asked something like this in a different topic: I said that at first, I would hear Judy Brown saying "Dylan was always trying to be there for Eric, and take of him, because Eric didn't have as many friends as Dylan did." Then I hear, that Dylan may not have even cared much for Eric, didn't reciprocate the friendship (since Eric allegedly told Dylan that he was his only true friend), and just used him to get the chance to kill himself.

Last edited by Dominik528 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 92467
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:13 am

People think Eric was a bad boy and Dylan a whiner. Dylan seem to whine in his journals but not in real life. He had a 'I don't give a fuck' attitude towards life. Lack of any ambition, possibly lack of any feeling towards others. Eric care too much what people think of him, how he looks, care about his grades, friends, family, dog, etc. His journal kind of seems he's trying too hard to be a tough guy.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103272
Forum Reputation : 325

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:08 pm

^^
THIS.

I must bump.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119283
Forum Reputation : 1004

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Well we know there were 2 people that Dylan seemed to care about at least a little bit. One would be Zack Heckler as he seemed pretty devastated when Zack got a girlfriend and wasn't hanging around with him as much.  He said something along the lines of him and Zack being a team and that they did everything together.

And he must have cared about Brooks Brown because he told Brooks about all the stuff Eric was writing on his blog about wanting to kill Brooks and whatnot.

Between the 2, I think Eric cared more about how the bombing/shooting was going to affect his parents. Eric thought not spending time with his parents in the weeks leading up to the massacre would make it easier on them because he thought they would just think they weren't that close recently anyways. That's kind of sad. Here this kid was actually thinking to himself that if he didn't spend time with his parents for a few weeks they'd just not miss him as much.

Last edited by Jenn on Thu May 21, 2015 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 12:20 am

I think Dylan loved his parents. And Zack .And Eric. And Byron even though things were so strained between them. Other than that I think he had a sincere liking for several other people. People say if E &D had any real love for their parents they wouldn't have done this but I don't agree. If that is true , you could say that anybody who has ever committed suicide had no real love for their loved ones. As strange as it sounds to people who have never been suicidal, when someone is preparing to exit this world your main focus is on your feelings and the detail of your ending.
Of course most, including E &D have an idea on some level of what their loved ones will go through, and regret causing that pain but it doesn't stop very many from going through with it.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:27 am

Really hard to say without seing the basement tapes in context. We just have some lines taken out of context and that's it.

We do know Eric liked his parents and that they are "the best fucking parents ever". Dylan? We simply o not have enough information on him and his relationship with them to make a good guess. Dylan was an introvert and he expressed much more about his own feelings than about the relations he had with the world at large. Unlike Eric.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103272
Forum Reputation : 325

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Again, it is very strange that Dylan only mentions his parents a few times in his journal, and speaks to them in a negative fashion. "Some zombies like to manipulate...like my parents". And he mentions them a few other times in a negative aspect. And in the basement tapes he rarely speaks of them.

And yet the Klebolds seemed like very loving parents, and they have spoken out much more than the Harrises. Eric kept on saying his parents were amazing, and yet the Harrises have kept their silences for almost 20 years.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 12:32 am

As much as I'd love to hear from them I cannot blame them at all for being silent and staying silent. They've been through a Hell on Earth, had a loss they will certainly never get over and had an entire world digging around in their lives judging them and their family. That is not to mention all the lawsuits they had to deal with as well as the other wrenching things they had to deal with. Eric's parents are in their 60's now and no doubt just want to live out the rest of their years in peace.

lol wrote:
Again, it is very strange that Dylan only mentions his parents a few times in his journal, and speaks to them in a negative fashion. "Some zombies like to manipulate...like my parents". And he mentions them a few other times in a negative aspect. And in the basement tapes he rarely speaks of them.

And yet the Klebolds seemed like very loving parents, and they have spoken out much more than the Harrises. Eric kept on saying his parents were amazing, and yet the Harrises have kept their silences for almost 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:00 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

As much as I'd love to hear from them I cannot blame them at all for being silent and staying silent.

Yep, exactly. I don't blame them either. they just want to moveon with their lives, enjoy their old age with their son etc. They can't change what happened and moreover imho they had very little influence on what Eric did in 1999 anyway. Sure we can always go about the: "Oh Wayne should have realzied what's going on when the guy from the gun store claled", but that's pointless "should have's-would have's" talk.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan's apathy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's apathy   Dylan's apathy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's apathy
Page 1 of 1