Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How smart was Adam Lanza

Go down 
+10
vril
Fox Mulder
Shouberty
ChoHuiSeung
Viotileaquaavianz
Millsart
dayquil22
ideklovee92
nobodysbusiness22
TheGoodChief
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodChief

TheGoodChief

Contribution Points : 14524
Forum Reputation : 523

How smart was Adam Lanza Empty
PostSubject: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 9:23 am

I know he hacked computers and stuff so he must be pretty smart
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness22

nobodysbusiness22

Contribution Points : 11156
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 7:21 pm

He was on the Honor Roll so I'd say he was above average intelligence, but he did fail his college tests.
Back to top Go down
ideklovee92

ideklovee92

Contribution Points : 6831
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 3:31 pm

TheGoodChief wrote:
I know he hacked computers and stuff so he must be pretty smart
Lol, that was just some sensationalist piece that was never confirmed to be real. I would say he was slightly above average but nothing special.
Back to top Go down
dayquil22

dayquil22

Contribution Points : 6905

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 5:40 pm

Maybe in some ways he could've been, but I doubt he was insanely smart or even above average.

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Millsart

Millsart

Contribution Points : 8076

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 6:32 am

He was pretty smart with computers. Based on the fact that he was in his high school tech club

Contribution Points : 7776
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 1:10 pm

Building a computer from scratch is not anything special really my aunt did that when she was in school too in a technology club back then but also Lanza was intelligent enough to get himself high on the list and leave potentially more undiscovered information covered by search terms and algorithms and people's laziness but dumb enough to be so arrogant in himself to assert that their can be no God for sure even though nobody truly knows and if he and all the other ones are wrong on the God question than they fucked since death always requires these topics to be brought up but it was probably just thoughtless desperation not giving a shit about any consequences like how much Time does it even take to think about that

vril, dayquil22 and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 1:55 pm

Viotileaquaavianz wrote:
Building a computer from scratch is not anything special really my aunt did that when she was in school too in a technology club back then but also Lanza was intelligent enough to get himself high on the list and leave potentially more undiscovered information covered by search terms and algorithms and people's laziness but dumb enough to be so arrogant in himself to assert that their can be no God for sure even though nobody truly knows and if he and all the other ones are wrong on the God question than they fucked since death always requires these topics to be brought up but it was probably just thoughtless desperation not giving a shit about any consequences like how much Time does it even take to think about that
Ong?
Back to top Go down
ChoHuiSeung

ChoHuiSeung

Contribution Points : 17600

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 12:54 am

He was pretty intelligent academically and mentally. He also was well spoken and had a high IQ. I would say that he was as smart as the average honor roll student. Its hard to compare intelligence.

Sylar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shouberty

Shouberty

Contribution Points : 8799
Forum Reputation : 85

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:23 pm

I would disagree with the point about him having a high IQ, since Adam defined IQ as the ease with which you can be successfully coerced into harboring cultural values. I do not think that applied to him. A child with an IQ of 100 could make honor roll, so long as s/he did his/her work, so that doesn't attest to much. Regardless, why exactly do you want to know? Intelligence seems irrelevant in the context of his particular case, since he was completely detached from society (the only place where any value is placed in this abstract concept of intelligence at all).

crepuscule likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

Contribution Points : 17613
Forum Reputation : 327

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:40 pm

Elliot Rodger was much smarter than him, in practically every way. I don't think a guy with severe chronic behavioral problems can be mentioned as having super intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:42 pm

Elliot, in fact, was the only shooter who, if he had the power, would openly carry out an global extermination. all others, in their statements and actions, made this capacity clear.
Back to top Go down
Shouberty

Shouberty

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Sociokiller wrote:
Elliot Rodger was much smarter than him, in practically every way. I don't think a guy with severe chronic behavioral problems can be mentioned as having super intelligence.

Oh, boy! Your mass shooter is more intelligent than my mass shooter? You are such a strong and admirable individual for having the bravery to come out with this information.
Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:47 pm

My shooter? I don't think so. I'm just a close person to Elliot. and it is a fact that Elliot was more intelligent, so much so that he studied numerous areas at a high-level university, such as History and Astronomy.
Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 pm

Furthermore, he has high writing and description skills, which means a strong analytical mind.
Back to top Go down
Shouberty

Shouberty

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:44 am

Sociokiller wrote:
Furthermore, he has high writing and description skills, which means a strong analytical mind.

I can't tell if you are foreign or just plain trolling.
Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:51 am

Postalguy wrote:
Sociokiller wrote:

I can't tell if you are foreign or just plain trolling.

he is a writer. and Lanza wasn't even good for that. I think he could serve as a skull for Elliot's bag of bones.
Back to top Go down
ideklovee92

ideklovee92

Contribution Points : 6831

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2023 10:37 pm

Sociokiller wrote:
And that's why Elliot's life was a failure despite having ridiculous advantages along with his pathetic attempt of a shooting being a failure as well.

vril dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 12:26 am

ideklovee92 wrote:
Sociokiller wrote:
And that's why Elliot's life was a failure despite having ridiculous advantages along with his pathetic attempt of a shooting being a failure as well.

Do you think killing 6 people is a failure? your callousness is extraordinary.

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22479
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 12:27 am

ideklovee92 wrote:
Sociokiller wrote:

Lol Adam would've failed hard too had he not chosen to shoot up an elementary school, which is pretty much tutorial mode. Elliot's writings are also way more entertaining (even tho I disagree with both).
Back to top Go down
Variache

Variache

Contribution Points : 6242

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 10:19 pm

Adam was very technologically advanced, at the age of 12 he hacked government websites and was then investigated by the FBI. He was in the Tech Club during High School. I heard on PBS's "Raising Adam Lanza" he worked at some sort of a computer appliances store after he left college, but I'm not sure how much proof of there this is.
Back to top Go down
Shouberty

Shouberty

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2023 7:47 pm

Variache wrote:
Adam was very technologically advanced, at the age of 12 he hacked government websites and was then investigated by the FBI. He was in the Tech Club during High School. I heard on PBS's "Raising Adam Lanza" he worked at some sort of a computer appliances store after he left college, but I'm not sure how much proof of there this is.

The first is just something Nancy bragged about to friends, not something that has ever been confirmed. He "worked" for PMS Graphics LLC via assistance from either NHS or some other educational body, I don't believe that it was paid or anything and that was while he was attending college. He was not employed at any point in time after college.

Variache likes this post

Back to top Go down
Variache

Variache

Contribution Points : 6242

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2023 7:51 pm

Postalguy wrote:
Variache wrote:

The first is just something Nancy bragged about to friends, not something that has ever been confirmed. He "worked" for PMS Graphics LLC via assistance from either NHS or some other educational body, I don't believe that it was paid or anything and that was while he was attending college. He was not employed at any point in time after college.

Oh! Thank you for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
superiorityofreason

superiorityofreason

Contribution Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 6:54 am

He was very articulate

Shouberty

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 11:28 pm

superiorityofreason wrote:
He was very articulate

As am I. However, I would not be surprised if my IQ was around 120 or so. As it turns out, being excessively pedantic isn't a faultless method to determine intelligence.

To answer OPs question properly, however, the Office of the Child Advocate stated that, throughout his life, Adam was treated as though he did harbor a much higher level of intelligence than he truly possessed (based on standard IQ test scores). Nancy had somehow gotten it into her head that her son was incredibly gifted/talented, which is likely part of why she coddled him to such a suffocating degree. The Asperger's diagnosis most definitely did not help, as the general profiling of those "afflicted" with it is that of a "tormented genius" or something along those lines. The final verdict? He was of average intelligence.

Kłléyn: Lord of Utero likes this post

vril dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Kłléyn: Lord of Utero

Contribution Points : 11439
Forum Reputation : 746

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 12:54 am

Shouberty wrote:
He was very articulate

As am I. However, I would not be surprised if my IQ was around 120 or so. As it turns out, being excessively pedantic isn't a faultless method to determine intelligence.

To answer OPs question properly, however, the Office of the Child Advocate stated that, throughout his life, Adam was treated as though he did harbor a much higher level of intelligence than he truly possessed (based on standard IQ test scores). Nancy had somehow gotten it into her head that her son was incredibly gifted/talented, which is likely part of why she coddled him to such a suffocating degree. The Asperger's diagnosis most definitely did not help, as the general profiling of those "afflicted" with it is that of a "tormented genius" or something along those lines. The final verdict? He was of average intelligence.

As much as people talk about Adam Lanza… What was the actual factor that made him such a proficient murderer if not his intelligence? (Besides the fact he targeted women and children, I mean).

vril dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

Contribution Points : 12423
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 2:44 am

DelusionalEritrean wrote:
Shouberty wrote:
He was very articulate

As much as people talk about Adam Lanza… What was the actual factor that made him such a proficient murderer if not his intelligence? (Besides the fact he targeted women and children, I mean).

I don't imagine it is difficult to shoot a tightly packed condensed group of children. The room eight bathroom, where most of the children were killed, was very small and had a whole class of fifteen first graders packed in there. The officers that reported to the scene said the children Adam had shot in there were packed like sardines and the bodies were just in a pile. There wasn't the same defense in the school against intruders and weapons as there is today. I don't think the teachers and staff were as trained for situations like that as they are today, either. He also was experienced with firearms and mass shootings in general.

NEXT STEP UP, vril and Kłléyn: Lord of Utero like this post

Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 11439
Forum Reputation : 746

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 3:01 am

Sylar wrote:
DelusionalEritrean wrote:
Shouberty wrote:
He was very articulate

I don't imagine it is difficult to shoot a tightly packed condensed group of children.  The room eight bathroom, where most of the children were killed, was very small and had a whole class of fifteen first graders packed in there.  The officers that reported to the scene said the children Adam had shot in there were packed like sardines and the bodies were just in a pile.  There wasn't the same defense in the school against intruders and weapons as there is today.  I don't think the teachers and staff were as trained for situations like that as they are today, either.  He also was experienced with firearms and mass shootings in general.  

All excellent points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How smart was Adam Lanza   How smart was Adam Lanza Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How smart was Adam Lanza
Page 1 of 1