Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What shooting got you interested first ?

Go down 
+8
Kłléyn: Lord of Utero
Kartoffeln
ParanoidAndroid
Arano
LucienBarminswaAlexander
Vlixu23
Arkan
Smiggles94
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70674
Forum Reputation : 28

What shooting got you interested first ? Empty
PostSubject: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 6:41 pm

I remember watching the footage of v tech and being hooked and wanting too learn more
Back to top Go down
Arkan

Arkan

Contribution Points : 24321
Forum Reputation : 872

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 7:13 pm

I think Columbine, but Kazan broke the fucking line

Back to top Go down
Vlixu23

Vlixu23

Contribution Points : 8397
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 7:50 pm

Aurora Theater and Sandy Hook

ANOMIC likes this post

Back to top Go down
LucienBarminswaAlexander

LucienBarminswaAlexander

Contribution Points : 7408
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 8:58 pm

I remember watching the Monterey Park and Robb Elementary shootings on the news. Those are, from my knowledge, the first times I heard about (and actually registered in my mind) school shootings in detail as concepts. I’d previously researched serial killers heavily though. However, later, a little bit after my father died I think—though I can’t remember exactly my reasoning—I took a look at the top deadliest shootings in the U.S. Wikipedia page. I clicked on all the top ones first, but the main ones that stuck out to me, were 2017 Las Vegas, and Sandy Hook. Sandy Hook being the main one of the two that I found interesting. (Come to think of it I also had looked at shooting statistics a lot before this, and I think heard about some when I used to watch Hasanabi stream clips). The big thing that really got me into mass murder as a topic though, was watching a YouTube documentary on Adam Lanza as an individual, and later looking at his spreadsheet of previous mass shooters. Something about Adam Lanza in particular really comforted me in some way with my life in general at the time. From there I ended up researching every aspect of school shootings, and many more of them much more heavily. And now I know like hundreds fairly in-depth. I recall very much taking quite an analytical approach to my research going from article to article, and then began frequenting for a short time the mass killers subreddit too. Now I’m here. (P.S. I appreciate being accepted here; I didn’t get my registry confirmed for a bit so I was a little disappointed. This is a good community, and sorry for what is perhaps an over explanation, I just saw this and thought it was a good place to make a first post).

Carnations and Saint_X like this post

Back to top Go down
Arano

Arano

Contribution Points : 7399
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:24 pm

100% lanza

ParanoidAndroid

Contribution Points : 8095
Forum Reputation : 262

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 8:14 pm

I discovered columbine while writing a paper on the psychological effects of virtual violence in middle school. There's a part of me that wishes I still had a copy for introspective purposes, but realistically it's just the ramblings of a friendless video game obsessed preteen.
Back to top Go down
Kartoffeln

Kartoffeln

Contribution Points : 20813
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 9:42 pm

I first started researching mass shootings in 2018 a few months after Parkland. I then looked into Columbine and Sandy Hook. I was in school when the latter occurred but was too young to really understand what had happened. Not long after, there was the shooting/bombing in Kerch which I have invested much time looking into over the years. My interest kind of died off during 2019 and came back during the pandemic. I've since researched hundreds of incidents.

Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 11139
Forum Reputation : 746

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 pm

LucienBarminswaAlexander wrote:
I remember watching the Monterey Park and Robb Elementary shootings on the news. Those are, from my knowledge, the first times I heard about (and actually registered in my mind) school shootings in detail as concepts. I’d previously researched serial killers heavily though. However, later, a little bit after my father died I think—though I can’t remember exactly my reasoning—I took a look at the top deadliest shootings in the U.S. Wikipedia page. I clicked on all the top ones first, but the main ones that stuck out to me, were 2017 Las Vegas, and Sandy Hook. Sandy Hook being the main one of the two that I found interesting. (Come to think of it I also had looked at shooting statistics a lot before this, and I think heard about some when I used to watch Hasanabi stream clips). The big thing that really got me into mass murder as a topic though, was watching a YouTube documentary on Adam Lanza as an individual, and later looking at his spreadsheet of previous mass shooters. Something about Adam Lanza in particular really comforted me in some way with my life in general at the time. From there I ended up researching every aspect of school shootings, and many more of them much more heavily. And now I know like hundreds fairly in-depth. I recall very much taking quite an analytical approach to my research going from article to article, and then began frequenting for a short time the mass killers subreddit too. Now I’m here. (P.S. I appreciate being accepted here; I didn’t get my registry confirmed for a bit so I was a little disappointed. This is a good community, and sorry for what is perhaps an over explanation, I just saw this and thought it was a good place to make a first post).

This is inaccurate.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 11139
Forum Reputation : 746

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 pm

DelusionalEritrean wrote:
LucienBarminswaAlexander wrote:

This is inaccurate.

Partially.
Back to top Go down
RickMaster

RickMaster

Contribution Points : 9226
Forum Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 11:50 pm

When in March of 2021 my French teacher made us watch the movie bowling for Columbine.

At the time, i was already fascinated by serial killers and Columbine opened a new door for me.

I didn't really care about the anti-gun message of the film.

I just wanted to know the details of the case.

The more i learned about the case, the more it fascinated me.

As time went by i studied more and more mass shooting.

Right now, i'm less into it then i was a few month back but holy shit did it change my life.

-Roddy "The Rod" Piper, "They Live" (1988)
Back to top Go down
Variache

Variache

Contribution Points : 5942

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 am

I first discovered my interest in mass shootings when I started to become enamored with the edginess of Columbine. Me and a friend would always jokes about how we were just like them. I began to see them as "rebels" in a way, some of the first true punks.
However, my interest grew a lot more upon my discovery and research of Adam Lanza, who is somebody I can actually relate to on a lot of things. Columbine was kind of my gateway into new interests such as Charleston and Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down
kidbug

kidbug

Contribution Points : 4922

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 1:40 am

Columbine, because I saw someone on Tumblr bitching about tcc

alesanagoon and Variache like this post

Back to top Go down
Octal

Octal

Contribution Points : 6851

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 2:00 am

The Parkland High School Shooting was the first shooting that I was aware of in real time. I wasn't aware of any more school shootings until the Oxford High School Shooting, then it spiraled out from there.

PostSubject: Re: What shooting got you interested first ?   What shooting got you interested first ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What shooting got you interested first ?
Page 1 of 1