Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When did you first become interested in Columbine?

Go down 
+25
Arano
CoreyVanVonWeg
RickMaster
ParanoidAndroid
EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth
Norwegian
Engel
Kartoffeln
ChoHuiSeung
proshooter
CanIHelpYou
AMCdanbury
Bookish
AmyistWarrior
tellecat
browneyes11
WendlaBergman
FlyerFan
LPorter101
em81
eli27
Falco
TaylorsMom
sororityalpha
Jenn
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

When did you first become interested in Columbine? Empty
PostSubject: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 8:51 am

Note: I just joined and I'm a little unfamiliar with how forums worked. I searched to see if anyone posted this topic before and nothing came up so I figured I'd start a thread. Sorry if it's been done before and I missed it.

On 4/20/1999, I was in Kindergarten and don't remember anything about it. It wasn't until around 2005-2006 when I saw the animated short film "Autumn Tree", which is inspired by the massacre, that I became aware of the event. Twice now at my school, I've attended presentations given by Craig Scott, one of the survivors. Another student I befriended at school coincidentally meet Dylan a few times when she was a child, as her aunt and Dylan's mother were friends. I've been researching and involved with it ever since.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119058
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:00 am

Here's a few threads you can read where we've discussed this in the past.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:10 am

Jenn wrote:
Here's a few threads you can read where we've discussed this in the past.

Cool. Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 11:38 pm

At the time of the Virginia Tech shooting (April 16 2007) is how I heard about Columbine and it all started from there ......

Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78317
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 1:23 am

I'm with sororityalpha, when Virginia tech happened...I hard a lot references to Columbine. I became obsessed. I was a freshman in high school when the massacre happened and I still remember watching it all over the news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:44 pm

After listening to TeenWitch.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86932
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Serial Chiller wrote:

Sesh!

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 am

Falcolus wrote:
Serial Chiller wrote:

Sesh!
lol, i didn't think i'd actually find another fan.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83857
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:55 am

Serial Chiller wrote:
Falcolus wrote:
Serial Chiller wrote:

Sesh!
lol, i didn't think i'd actually find another fan.

oh man ever since falcolus said about that album on here somewhere I can't stahp listening

Falco

Contribution Points : 86932
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 am

@Serial Chiller, BONES is one of my favorite rappers, there are plenty of fans!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Yeah its a good album, and he clearly did some research with the lyrical content too.

eli27

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 10:06 am

Falcolus wrote:
@Serial Chiller, BONES is one of my favorite rappers, there are plenty of fans!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Yeah its a good album, and he clearly did some research with the lyrical content too.

I found a sweet remix of The Cafeteria on soundcloud, imma link it when I'm on my computer.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:08 pm

BONES TeenWitch Full album

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:21 pm

-Cafeteria, the slowed nd throwed version

(Trill Shox remixed quite a few others from the album too)

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101524
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm

in 2009 there was another school shooting in our country. since then i am a little obsessed with Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:50 pm

December, 2011.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Around 4 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, April 20, 1999.

xDarkRazoR and wrathoflambs like this post

Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77147

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Around 4 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, April 20, 1999.

Same, I was about 12 years old at the time and I came home from school to find my mom watching the news coverage and she was in tears. Looking back now I probably shouldn't have been allowed to watch it with her but she never shielded us kids from anything on tv so it was normal for us. I think if I hadn't seen the coverage that day I might not have even known about it at all because they didn't talk about it at my school the next day, we were too young for them to discuss it with us at the time (or so they felt anyway).

I didn't begin to research it until maybe 2009 though, when I had more time on my hands and way more resources online to search out.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Jenn wrote:
December, 2011.

Was there a specific event that triggered your interest Jenn?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Jenn wrote:
December, 2011.

Was there a specific event that triggered your interest Jenn?

Yea, my ex was verbally abusive to me and I was looking up signs and how to handle being bullied on the internet and it brought me to this article about Columbine and bullying. I was obsessed with and reading anything I could find about it in the beginning.

I decided that I didn't want to live being verbally abused every day and I left him in January, 2012. I often wonder if I would have had I not got into Columbine.

I then met [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the old Columbine forum and we've been together ever since. Almost 4 years now. So for me, Columbine was a positive thing that helped me get out of a really bad and abusive situation.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:22 pm

ahh very interesting, I am glad you are not with a guy that abuses you, either verbally or physically or psychologically.

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90274
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], How old was Dylan and your friend when she met him? Your profile says you're 23 so I'd imagine this friend was quite young and Dylan was a teenager. That's really something. I wish I could meet him now. I'm an English major and collect author autographs in books which impact me, so a signed copy of his journal would be like bagging the biggest game!
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84919

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 am

em81 wrote:
in 2009 there was another school shooting in our country. since then i am a little obsessed with Columbine.

Are you talking about Winnenden? That's what first got me interested in school shootings as well. I was with my German class traveling around. We landed the day it happened. And the whole time I was there it was all over the news. I happened to be in Munich when they held a memorial for the victims. I have a bunch of pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them. 

I didn't really get fully involved with columbine research until sometime in last 2014.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:12 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
em81 wrote:

Are you talking about Winnenden? That's what first got me interested in school shootings as well. I was with my German class traveling around. We landed the day it happened. And the whole time I was there it was all over the news. I happened to be in Munich when they held a memorial for the victims. I have a bunch of pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them. 

I didn't really get fully involved with columbine research until sometime in last 2014.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of those pictures if you don't mind sharing.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101524

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:41 pm

OffthechainJoehovah wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:
em81 wrote:

Yes it was Winnenden. I remember I was working at my office and heard about it at the radio. And my workmate was shocked because he had a nine years old son at school, but not near by Winnenden. I didn´t have internet in 1999, i think that´s the reason why i didn´t know much columbine before 2009.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

em81 wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:
em81 wrote:

Yes it was Winnenden. I remember I was working at my office and heard about it at the radio. And my workmate was shocked because he had a nine years old son at school, but not near by Winnenden. I didn´t have internet in 1999, i think that´s the reason why i didn´t know much columbine before 2009.

I will share the photos with you guys once I get on a computer. Ive been using my phone to type this. 

What did you think of the media coverage of the shooting? I remember being shocked by how different it was from how VTech or Sandy Hook was handled.

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are some of my pictures from that day.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:26 pm

browneyes11 wrote:

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:42 pm

browneyes11 wrote:

Thank you.

The first picture shows a rose with no name. That was in honor of the shooter. I always admired that they acknowledged him but did not give him the fame he was probably looking for.

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12822

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 7:45 pm

I'm not very interested in Columbine, but it was the recent shooting in Uvalde that sparked my interest in mass murder. I had previously done casual research on Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook, as well as already having an interest in dictators and far-right politics.

CanIHelpYou likes this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43539
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 9:12 am

AmyistWarrior wrote:
I'm not very interested in Columbine, but it was the recent shooting in Uvalde that sparked my interest in mass murder. I had previously done casual research on Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook, as well as already having an interest in dictators and far-right politics.
What did you find interesting about that particular shooting?

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 9:22 am

I had a fascination with World War 2 then somehow later I looked into Breivik and Dylan Roof. Later McVeigh and E&D alongside Winnenden, Erfurt, Jokela and Kauhajoki.
Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 19383
Forum Reputation : 461

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 3:44 pm

for me it was last august, reading about the safeway shooting in bend oregon. i found out the shooter, ethan miller, posted his manifesto on wattpad which was wild enough (i've written/read on wattpad since i was like 12) to make me look into him more. i read he was obsessed with columbine and i was blissfully unaware of just how much of an influence columbine STILL has.

after that, i started looking into columbine and saw it happened in 1999. and listen, i had no idea WHEN columbine happened before my researching. i had lived in colorado and just assumed it happened so so so long ago and i didn't care to look into it. finding out that it happened only a few years before i was born (2003) changed my perspective drastically. i hadn't realized that school shootings (a complete norm in my life) was such a new phenomenon, and something my parents and even older cousins didn't experience.

those were the two big factors that got me so interested in columbine.

Banned

Contribution Points : 12822

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 5:51 pm

CanIHelpYou wrote:
AmyistWarrior wrote:
What did you find interesting about that particular shooting?
Nothing really. I just saw it on the news a lot. Sky News did an interesting special on school shootings in America and I overheard my parents and grandparents comparing the attack to Dunblane. I then decided to research school shootings on the Internet and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 22026
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 pm

I remember it happening. Took an interest at the time and then it’s been up and down ever since, researching stuff as and when I get the urge.

tellecat and AmyistWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down
AMCdanbury

Contribution Points : 8144

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 6:30 pm

When I was 11 or 12 years old (2018), I was obsessed with researching natural disasters online. One day I decided to search for school shootings, probably because Parkland had recently happened (though I don't recall hearing about it at the time) and shootings were being discussed by my teachers. From there, I learned about the Columbine shooting and became mildly interested, researching it every few months by watching documentaries and visiting acolumbinesite.com.
It wasn't until I was 13 (late 2019) when my focus shifted to other school shootings and mass casualty events, and my interest in Columbine dwindled.

Kartoffeln, tellecat and AmyistWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43539
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 7:10 am

Virginia Tech happened, and when they were showing the Cho tapes on the news, they of course also started talking about columbine. I saw the infamous cafetaria photo and I remember feeling horrified and fascinated. Back then it wasn't as common. Since then I have researched a lotta true crime.

tellecat and AmyistWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down
proshooter

proshooter

Contribution Points : 17327
Forum Reputation : 285

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 pm

when I was 13 or 14 I was sitting on the couch and playing games on my phone. TV was on and I heard on tv about school shooting. (I can't remember what shooting it was). And after that I started to read about school shooting and mass shootings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 7:33 am

when i was young i found a ytpmv with the hitmen for hire movie by eric and dylan and from there i started to research
Back to top Go down
ChoHuiSeung

ChoHuiSeung

Contribution Points : 17575

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 1:11 am

Maybe around 11th grade i remember going down a rabbit hole on parkland which lead me to columbine which then lead me down the other shootings.

Kartoffeln

Contribution Points : 21088

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 11:46 pm

I became interested in mass killings after Parkland. I discovered Columbine around this time but didn't do much research on it until lockdown in 2020. However, I've almost always been more interested in other incidents.

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36450
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 12:03 am

When I was 11 in 2012, about a week before Sandy Hook happened (blame WatchMojo for that). Before that I had a mini obsession with the Titanic Sinking, I watched a lot of videos on it, the movie, watched clips of the 50s version, told one of my friends about it, etc. And not sure if it was before/after/at around the same time I became interested in Columbine I watched YouTube videos on famous murdered children like James Bulger (and watched documentaries about his murder), the type of videos where'd there would be Evanesance and other such music playing in the background over Windows Movie Maker texts. I also watched a video about Dylan Groene (murder victim of serial killer Joseph Edward Duncan) with some sad music playing over it. This was  around about 2011-2013. Pretty sure I had also watched Top 10 videos about Serial Killers too or videos about them in general. I specifically remember certain serial killers faces in the videos I watched back then like Aileen Wuornos, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, Richard Kuklinski, Richard Ramirez etc.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Getting into goth, I stumbled upon an article on the internet debunking myths about the Columbine shooting and I wanted to know more. Technically it's not that interesting anymore, but I do come back here every now and than
Back to top Go down
EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

Contribution Points : 6827
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 2:17 am

Columbine is so stupid. Everything is worthless. We should all die.

ParanoidAndroid and alesanagoon like this post

Back to top Go down
ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Contribution Points : 8370
Forum Reputation : 262

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 2:40 am

I think I've written about it before, but in case I haven't I'll tell the story. I ended up discovering columbine around 12-13 while writing an essay on video game violence, and since then I've had an on and off interest in massacres.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 3:51 am

When I was 16.
I was thinking about school shooting and did deeper research on Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
RickMaster

RickMaster

Contribution Points : 9517
Forum Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 9:02 pm

In march of 2021, my french teacher made us watch the documentary bowling for columbine by Michel Moore.

I never cared about the anti gun propaganda of the movie but the thing that caught my attention was obviously Columbine.

So i started doing research. I kept digging deeper into the rabbit hole and i couldn't seem to stop it. I always wanted to learn more.

As time went on, i started studying other mass shootings like Christchurch, Sandy Hook, port Arthur and many more.

One day i was recommended a video about about Randy Stair back in late 2021.

In the summer of 2023, i rewatched it again and decided i wanted to learn more about the forum, so, here i am !

Can't believe it's gonna be 3 years since i started studying mass shootings.

Time flies by real fast holy shit.

-Roddy "The Rod" Piper, "They Live" (1988)

proshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
CoreyVanVonWeg

CoreyVanVonWeg

Contribution Points : 7890
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 10:29 pm

I never cared about columbine, I found this forum because it was mentioned in a video about Randy Stair

alesanagoon and EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth like this post

Back to top Go down
Arano

Arano

Contribution Points : 7674
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 6:03 pm

I guess I must've been 12 or 13 when it really became a weird obsession. I don't remember exactly when I heard of it or where but the concept of school shootings had always been something I knew about and saying Columbine is by far the most famous I must've early on. I fixated on Eric much more than Dylan (like most faggy pre-teens) and I've read all of Eric's journals and still haven't touched Dylans lol. My obsession with it got so bad though my dad had to literally sit me down and tell me they where losers. I'm not that into the whole event these days but I've really wanted to get Sue Klebolds book. When I find a pdf of it of course what homo buys books.

ParanoidAndroid likes this post

Back to top Go down
ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Contribution Points : 8370
Forum Reputation : 262

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 6:05 pm

Arano wrote:
I guess I must've been 12 or 13 when it really became a weird obsession. I don't remember exactly when I heard of it or where but the concept of school shootings had always been something I knew about and saying Columbine is by far the most famous I must've early on. I fixated on Eric much more than Dylan (like most faggy pre-teens) and I've read all of Eric's journals and still haven't touched Dylans lol. My obsession with it got so bad though my dad had to literally sit me down and tell me they where losers. I'm not that into the whole event these days but I've really wanted to get Sue Klebolds book. When I find a pdf of it of course what homo buys books.

*Nervously glances at bookshelf*

Bookish, mflergen, Arano and messianic_mania like this post

Back to top Go down
mflergen

mflergen

Contribution Points : 14249
Forum Reputation : 200

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 3:57 pm

I don’t remember the circumstances, but I first learned about Columbine at the age of 14, and since I was kind of an outcast in class at that time, the topic immediately hooked me. I’m not from an English-speaking country, but I managed to find a group where columbine was discussed: CHSM, just a treasure trove of information, documents and photographs. At that time, Eric, Dylan, and the victims were close to me. the first case of some kind of existential crisis, when I realized that in some terrible situations it is almost impossible to find the culprit (as it seemed to me then)
I learned about school shootings when I was 9 years old after watching the movie “Class” 2007

messianic_mania likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you first become interested in Columbine?   When did you first become interested in Columbine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next