Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My words, now in video format! Whee!

Go down 
+16
FlyerFan
Falco
gutenfxckintag
lasttrain
fatlittleparasite
henkdutank
DaisyDelRey
Undyne
jettfyre80
Wideawake
em81
Juicy Jazzy
Mj2beat
tfsa47090
queenfarooq
Yumeko-chan
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105590
Forum Reputation : 102

My words, now in video format!  Whee! Empty
PostSubject: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Experimenting a little here, intended to be the first in a series:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forgive my appearance, I was working on my car this morning.  Plus my webcam apparently sucks =P
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102612
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101288
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you for posting this here for everyone to see and listen to, Amanda.

*Also, I'm so happy to hear you say "Yumeko", because now I know how to properly pronounce it! Until just now, I thought it was pronounced with a long "e" (You-mee-koh), now I know it's "You-meh-koh".  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:33 pm

You're welcome ;)
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95304
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks for sharing your life experience with us Yumeko, I really admire you.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:14 pm

It may not look like it but I'm actually forcing myself to talk slow in this video. I usually talk a mile a minute so it took some concentration to talk slower than normal (although there's a few spots where I accidentally talk fast). And yes I have a lisp, which I only notice when I'm hearing a recording of myself. And yes I have a stutter, a PTSD side-effect that I'll discuss in a later video ;P
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98769
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:14 am

Thank you! Great work. Hope you're doing ok. Smile
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101474
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Thank you Amanda! We are all curious about part 2. I know you haven´t a good time, so I hope you will have a better time now.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102026
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 pm

I think you're very brave to talk about and share your experience with the world. Hope you're doing well and I look forward to the next video.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Part 2:

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:
Part 2:

Thanks, I already saw it and is great to get to know little by little the whole high school day of one of the witnesses. I am waiting now the next one Very Happy

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94485

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Excellent video, Amanda!

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Great video, Amanda! Your glasses are really cute, by the way.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102113
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks for sharing, Amanda.
Back to top Go down
DaisyDelRey

Contribution Points : 90348

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Thank you for sharing this! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Back to top Go down
henkdutank

Contribution Points : 90786

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks a lot Amanda, really looking forward to part 3.

This is a weird question, but you said you went to Dutch Creek Elementary. Coming from a Dutchman, what's Dutch about it?
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 am

No idea, it's just a name to me ;)

Also, it's my birthday today but I still made part 3!

Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am

happy birthday amanda, hope you have a great time.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 am

You are amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97927
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:16 pm

I hope you had a nice birthday, Amanda. Thanks for posting these--I look forward to them each week like I would a TV show!
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Part 4:

Not feeling good today so I'm a bit scatterbrained in this one. Plus now I'm realizing there's some details I left out, but I guess I'll have to fill those in in the next video.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Well...I blew an ovarian cyst very shortly after I recorded part 4...that explains a lot...
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Part 5:

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101288
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Amanda, you poor thing, it is just one thing after the other for you, isn't it? You've had a lot of health issues. I hope this is the end of them, it's horrible to say this, but you probably don't even blink an eye at these things anymore due to them happening so frequently.

I sincerely pray that you can go one year without any kind of hassle, tragedy or problem. It's about time, you deserve a year of peace (or preferably, a nice solid decade of peace, calm, and relative normalcy).

Thank you, once again, for sharing all of this with everyone. My hope is that whenever you do things like this; making videos, or engaging in conversation, that it helps to somewhat heal the wounds this has caused within you. I know they'll never entirely go away, but I really do pray and hope that it is helping to minimize it, at least moderately.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:
Part 5:

Thanks again Amanda, I hope you are really feeling better today.

Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97927
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 10:54 pm

I'd really be interested to hear about what it was like at Chatfield! I don't know much about that experince other than the split days.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:02 am

One year without ANYTHING happening would sure be nice, huh? Sometimes I wonder what the heck I did in my past life to deserve what my life has been like these last fifteen years! =P

This is actually the SECOND ovarian cyst I've blown. I had another one a year and a half ago that was absolutely massive (my stomach went flat and I lost ten pounds in the ensuing weeks) and it was even more painful than this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:26 am

I just finished video 3, its not the tragedy itself that appeals to me but the story of hope and the challenges you had to face and your will to survive.  You survived Columbine, your gonna be fine don't let small obstacles get in the way of your goals.  If you made it out of there alive without a scratch, somebody or something must be looking out for you.  You were strong then and you are strong now, concentrate on your goals and keep your spirits up.  
I went to the Columbine memorial a few years ago, it was inspiring to see all the footnotes and positive messages on the walls there next to rebel hill.  Hard to believe something like that happened in such a nice community, its beautiful there next to the foot hills.  Its good to talk and tell your side of the story, I hope this has helped you express things and get stuff off your chest.  Its all part of the healing process that never seems to go away when you experience a tragedy of that magnitude.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:17 am

Now that I've watched your vids I read your comments on this forum in your voice.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102413
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:39 pm

One of the things that surprised me from this video series was that at least one student (Amanda) stopped in the offices or rooms adjacent to the library before finally evacuating the school (at least this was how I understood what you were saying Amanda).

It was always my understanding that all the students left their hiding places and then directly exited the school through the north facing door. Amanda, is that wrong, or was it a gradual, disorderly exit? Did other students stop in the offices or adjacent rooms?
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:42 am

Nope, just me. I couldn't even tell you why I did that.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Amanda, I have one more question about the students' escape from the library.

Randy Brown has claimed that the door through which the students escaped was open during the shooting in the library and that the police officers outside were able to hear the shooting.

Was the door open the whole time, or just after students left?  If the door was open, would those immediately outside it have been able to hear what was going on?

Obviously it was open after you left, as you can see here.

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 pm

By the way, everyone should make a donation to Amanda's grad school fund. There have been 16000 posts on this site. If everyone gave fifty cents a post she would already have met her goal. She is a special member of this community and has been very generous with her time. Let's be generous back.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Lasttrain: I have no way of knowing, sorry.

And thank you for mentioning my grad school fund. I actually got my first donation a little bit ago! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm

I love your videos, Amanda. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm

A few links of interest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (me in the background at 1:57)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (early interview with Joe)
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 4:23 pm

YouTube has a 15-minute limit, but my webcam doesn't! So we've accidentally got a two-parter this week!

Part 6a:

Part 6b:
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 am

I have $100 raised in my GoFundMe! That covers half of my books! Wanna help me cover the other half? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Another two-parter because my battery died in the middle! (You can actually hear the warning if you listen closely in 7a)

Part 7a: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Part 7b: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 am

I just got back from North Carolina (I live in Alabama, so, ten hour drive, haha) because my uncle's intenstines burst, and this is the second thing that I'm most looking forward to, lol.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Guys, if you watched the videos, donate to the fund.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 pm

lasttrain wrote:

I will donate soon when I get a bit more money, Amanda deserve it but you shouldnt say that we have to if we watch her videos because you dont know who can or not and YouTube is free.

Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Mj has a point, and I'm not going to beg.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 am

Mj2beat wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

I will donate soon when I get a bit more money, Amanda deserve it but you shouldnt say that we have to if we watch her videos because you dont know who can or not and YouTube is free.

I didn't say you have to. I just urged you to do so.

Even if it's only $5.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:14 am

Yep, it happened. Somebody commented on part 3 accusing me of embellishing my story for sympathy. (I deleted the comment and banned him from my channel.) WHY would I do that?!
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Amanda, I don´t want to bother you. If I do, ignore me please. My question: did you know Marla Foust?
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 am

Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:37 pm

I don't know if that person is on this board or not, but I just now had someone post on 7b suggesting I'm telling my story just to raise money for grad school (since I have the link to my GoFundMe in the last few videos). That's not it at all. I actually got accepted AFTER I started making the videos. The videos are more for me than for anyone else. As far as part 8 goes, in which I'm gonna cover the three years I got molested, I don't even have to divulge that. I can keep it secret if I want. But I'm not going to, because it played a large part in molding me and my PTSD. And it's to show Mike that I'm not going to hide what he did! That he was taking advantage of my mental state to get some quick feels for three years! And that to this day, I have NO self-esteem because of him! I've been ill all week just thinking of having to record that video tomorrow!

I'm not making anybody donate. It's simply a suggestion. If no one wants to, that's fine. If anyone here is honestly bugged by me linking to my GoFundMe, I'll remove it from my signature. But to accuse me of making the videos simply to get donations is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 pm

That guy sounds like a troll on Youtube. No one from this website would write such horrible things to you.

Look at some Rachel Scott videos on Youtube. There is always a handful of rude comments ("stuck up bitch", "she deserved to die", etc).

We are so grateful that you are even making these videos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My words, now in video format! Whee!   My words, now in video format!  Whee! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My words, now in video format! Whee!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next