Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan

Go down 
+3
Juicy Jazzy
Mj2beat
perpetual state
7 posters
AuthorMessage
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 91992
Forum Reputation : 0

Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Empty
PostSubject: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 am

I dont understand why he keeps saying that they asked her if she believe in god, if there are not enough and substantial proofs about it but I suppose that for his sister's faith, he prefers to believe that and want to so its fine. Is a nice letter anyway, the small story about how he saw them before the day of the massacre, was very interesting and brings another huge coincidence in the case

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 pm

I think the Scott family hold onto the belief that Rachel was asked about God before she died dearly, as the alternative (and most likely true version) is that their daughter/sister/friend had died pointlessly and for no apparent reason, other than just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Did he really call him Erica or is that a typo??
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Craig Scott wrote:
I remember you. We met once when I was in 8th grade and you were in high school. Your presence instilled fear in me. We were at a mutual friend’s house and you were on the computer looking up plans to build a pipe bomb, little did I think that a couple years later I’d find myself under a table protecting myself against such a bomb. We even played basketball together, there you seemed like "normal people".

I wonder who the mutual friend was? First I've heard of this.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101826

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Craig Scott wrote:
I remember you. We met once when I was in 8th grade and you were in high school. Your presence instilled fear in me. We were at a mutual friend’s house and you were on the computer looking up plans to build a pipe bomb, little did I think that a couple years later I’d find myself under a table protecting myself against such a bomb. We even played basketball together, there you seemed like "normal people".

If I remember correctly, Craig Scott was visiting Brooks' younger brother, Aaron. And E&D were, of course, visiting Brooks.

On another note, this sentence by the author of the article makes me cringe.

Quote :
That day forever swallowed the almost boring tranquility of a little city just outside of Denver, Colorado, and has transformed the life of Craig Scott, a student who survived the massacre, brother of Rachel, the first victim of Harris and Klebold's murder madness.

Craig's letter is nice though.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102412
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Did he really call him Erica or is that a typo??

The site is vanityfair.it so its probably been translated into English incorrectly or its just a typo.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Do you have any more information on this visit to Brooks house?

Wideawake wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Craig Scott wrote:

If I remember correctly, Craig Scott was visiting Brooks' younger brother, Aaron. And E&D were, of course, visiting Brooks.

Quote :
That day forever swallowed the almost boring tranquility of a little city just outside of Denver, Colorado, and has transformed the life of Craig Scott, a student who survived the massacre, brother of Rachel, the first victim of Harris and Klebold's murder madness.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 pm

I read the letter again. You can really feel the hate as you read it. There is no way Craig has forgiven Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101826

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

Do you have any more information on this visit  to Brooks house?

Wideawake wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Craig Scott wrote:

Quote :

I had to go back and look at my notes. This particular part of Craig's statement (pg 583 of the 11K) was not exactly as I remembered. Craig told the police he had seen Aaron and Brooks looking up how to build pipe bombs. He also told them he had played basketball with some of Brooks' friends at his house, including several with blond hair, one of whom was named Eric. So my information wasn't quite correct. Sorry for that!
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm

I hate to say it and I can't say for sure what is in his heart but I can see your point. I could see a lot of anger underneath the surface there which is understandable but surprised me a little in a letter about forgiveness. It's hard to say how he feels for sure though.

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
I read the letter again. You can really feel the hate as you read it. There is no way Craig has forgiven Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:34 pm

That's ok. Thank you for the information.

Wideawake wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

Do you have any more information on this visit  to Brooks house?

Wideawake wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Craig Scott wrote:

Quote :

I had to go back and look at my notes. This particular part of Craig's statement (pg 583 of the 11K) was not exactly as I remembered. Craig told the police he had seen Aaron and Brooks looking up how to build pipe bombs. He also told them he had played basketball with some of Brooks' friends at his house, including several with blond hair, one of whom was named Eric. So my information wasn't quite correct. Sorry for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan   Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig Scott's letter to Eric and Dylan
Page 1 of 1