Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)

Go down 
+31
WhereHaveYouBeen
lognifiiskurk
TechClub
My_mondays
isabellaaa
spishakwax
sympathyforEandD
W.A.R.
Grenier_VoDKa
Rebdomine
edgelord
Smiggles94
Scarletmoon
H311ish.B3ast
spidEr
NoMaD
Jenn
Imperator
TeenSpiritColumbine
aquillina
shades
Archvile
astrospace92
Jbow89
PaintItBlack
sororityalpha
VOD101
queenfarooq
Mj2beat
deathmedic
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 am

I've found another one that isn't listened anywhere in this thread.

In the Basement Tapes transcripts it mentions Eric has a "Demon Knight" CD. That would most likely be the soundtrack to the movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Cemetery Gates" - 5:47 (Pantera)
"Tonight We Murder" - 3:56 (Ministry)
"My Misery (Demon Knight)" - 4:28 (Machine Head)
"Diadems" - 4:17 (Megadeth)
"Instant Larry" - 4:06 (Melvins)
"Fall Guy" - 3:53 (Rollins Band)
"Beaten" - 3:10 (Biohazard)
"Polícia" - 1:46 (Sepultura)
"Hey Man Nice Shot" - 5:20 (Filter)
"1-800 Suicide" - 4:17 (Gravediggaz)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 8:41 pm

I heard from somewhere Eric liked Megadeth (proof?)

Didn't one of them like Deftones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 7:32 am

One song that would’ve been in the Orbital Album that Eric owner. I think it’s one of the best songs of all time.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71344
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 8:23 am

G4145 wrote:

One song that would’ve been in the Orbital Album that Eric owner. I think it’s one of the best songs of all time.

Best song. It was played at the end of the Mortal Kombat movie, and the end of Mean Girls. The lady they sampled has such a pretty voice!

I thought I'd listen to some music mentioned by E&D... and that Fly album is pretty terrible. It's like music you'd hear in some redneck bar. No wonder he (bequeathed? willed?) the CD to Susan. He probably didn't want to be seen dead with it. Laughing Rammstein are also craptastic.

And OP: Thanks for compiling this list. People like you make this forum the ultimate Columbine resource.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69726
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:12 pm

an interview on yt reveals eric bonded with a girl in his class over her grandpa being in vietnam but more importantly of this thread their shared love for 80s music
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45630
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 2:24 am

Copied and pasted (with a few small corrections) from a now defunct tumblr user

Songs that Dylan Klebold referenced/listened to:

I Stay Away by Alice in Chains | Jar of Flies EP: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “OTHer KooL MUS” section of his webpage [026372 456/946]

Atari Teenage Riot by Atari Teenage Riot | Delete Yourself: The lyrics are written in his planner “power for those who can fuck it freedom for those who can fight it sex for those who can buy it” [026453 538/946]

Helter Skelter by The Beatles | White Album: Dylan writes “The Beatles’ “White Album” included songs (Helter Skelter, Revolution #9, Piggies and others) that Manson felt documented his]rage toward society.” in his “The Mind and Motives of Charles Manson” paper [016026, 016027 72,73/312]

Piggies by The Beatles | White Album: Dylan writes “The Beatles’ “White Album” included songs (Helter Skelter, Revolution [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Piggies and others) that Manson felt documented his rage toward society.” in his “The Mind and Motives of Charles Manson” paper [016026, 016027 72,73/312]

Revolution 9 by The Beatles |White Album: Dylan writes “The Beatles’ “White Album” included songs (Helter Skelter, Revolution [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Piggies and others) that Manson felt documented his rage toward society.” in his “The Mind and Motives of Charles Manson” paper [016026, 016027 72,73/312]

Take my Breath Away | Berlin: Devon and Dylan danced to this song at prom

Bullwinkle – Pt. II by The Centurians | Pulp Fiction Soundtrack: The song can be heard in the background of the “Morning Ritual” video

Block Rockin’ Beats by The Chemical Brothers | Dig Your Own Hole: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Techno” section of his webpage [026371 455/946]

Chico’s Groove by The Chemical Brothers | Exit Planet Dust: Written several times throughout his school planner, he also wrote the name of the song in Nate’s ’97-‘98 yearbook [010714 14/100]

Elektrobank by The Chemical Brothers | Dig Your Own Hole: Mentioned on a note that appears to be a custom t shirt design plan [026379 463/946]

Life is Sweet (Daft Punk Mix) by The Chemical Brothers | Life Is Sweet single: The song name is written in his planner [026462 547/946] This song is also featured on the Nowhere soundtrack which was written on Dylan’s want list

Setting Sun by The Chemical Brothers | Dig Your Own Hole: Dylan had a setting sun t-shirt that can be seen in the “Frankenstein Roast” and “Hitmen for Hire” videos, he also drew the setting sun that’s on his shirt in his school planner [026469 554/946]

Little Green Bag by The George Baker Selection | Reservoir Dogs Soundtrack: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Movies” section of his webpage [026372 456/946]

Four Strong Winds by Ian and Sylvia | Four Strong Winds: When Sue and Tom attended parent-teacher conferences on March 11th, 1999, Dylan’s English teacher shared a story with them about how she had brought a folk record from the 60s, “Four Strong Winds,” into class. The song featured the hardships faced by migrant farm workers, and it had always made her cry; but her students had laughed when she played it. Including Dylan. Sue and Tom were disappointed with Dylan, as he often watched classic movies with them, and they expected better. That night, Tom dug out the record and he and Sue sat in the living room and listened to it. Tom, seeing the opportunity to teach Dylan a lesson, and to have a bit of fun, decided to queue up the record as Dylan’s car was coming up the driveway. When Dylan came in, Sue and Tom told him about the meetings with his teachers. As they talked, Tom hit play. Eventually, Dylan recognized the song coming up in the background. Knowing he’d been set up, he started to laugh. “Why are you playing that horrible song?”
“Why is it horrible?” Sue asked him. He said he hated the “weird” sound of it. She and Tom told him what the song was about. “Just listen to it with an open mind,” Tom requested. Without protest, Dylan listened to the rest of the song. When it was over, he admitted it wasn’t that bad. [Sue Klebold; A Mother’s Reckoning pg. 225 & 226]

A Drug Against War by KMFDM | Angst: Eric wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Brute by KMFDM | Nihil: The name of the song is written in his school planner [026441 526/946]

Dogma by KMFDM | Xtort: Eric quoted the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Godlike by KMFDM | Naïve: Both Eric and Dylan often talked about being “godlike” in their writings

Wrath by KMFDM | Xtort: Dylan wore a wrath shirt during the massacre. I'm unsure if there's a connection here but, I thought it was worth a mention.

Shitlist by L7 | Natural Born Killers Soundtrack: Eric and Dylan both liked the movie Natural Born Killers and they both had shitlist

Surf Rider by The Lively Ones | Pulp Fiction Soundtrack: The song can be heard in the background of the “Morning Ritual” video

Sweet Dreams [likely the Marilyn Manson cover] | Smells Like Children: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “KooLios” section of his webpage [026372 456/946]

Closer by Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral: The lyrics are written in his school planner [026457 542/946], also quoted in one of his love notes [026475 560/946]

The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral: The song/album is referenced several times throughout his writings.

Gave Up by Nine Inch Nails | Broken EP: The lyrics are written in his school planner [026470 555/946]

Happiness in Slavery by Nine Inch Nails | Broken EP: “almost happiness in slavery” is written in his journal [026405 490/946]

Hurt by Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral: Written in his journal “I have lost my emotions… like in hurt the song. NIN.” [026401 486/946]

Now I’m Nothing by Nine Inch Nails | [Never officially recorded or released]: Written in his school planner as a “kool song” [026445 530/946]

The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails | Lost Highway Soundtrack: The lyrics are written in his school planner [026457 542/946]

Piggy by Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral: Written in his journal - “the NIN song Piggy is good for thought writing.” [026389 474/946]

Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails | Pretty Hate Machine: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Lyrics” section of his webpage [026371 455/946] and he also wrote in his journal “I just want something i can never have…” [026398 483/946]

Americana by The Offspring | Americana: The song can be heard in the background of the “Breakfast Run” video

Smash by The Offspring | Smash: The lyrics “Im not a trendy asshole dont give a fuck if its good enuf for you” are written on the first page of his 1997 – 1998 school planner. This is on the same page that Dylan wrote lyrics to 2Pac’s Hit ‘Em Up [026436 521/946]

Cool to Hate by The Offspring | Ixnay on the Hombre: Dylan writes “Its cool to hate.” On a list. “So I Fux yo Bitch” is included on this list [026380, 464/946]

Fire (version unknown) by The Prodigy | (unknown album): This one is just a guess. The name of the song is written on a list with other songs in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook. [026496 582/946]. (Eric Veik describes the song “fire” as a rock song, so it was likely by a different artist.)

Scienide by The Prodigy | More Music for the Jilted Generation: Eric wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Engel by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: Eric wrote some of the lyrics in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Tier by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: Eric wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496-026497 582-583/946]

Wilder Wein by Rammstein | originally the demo was released on the Engel single and was later put on the album Live aus Berlin: Eric wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946] and a small snippet of the song can be heard in the “Hitmen for Hire” video

Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen by Rammstein | Herzeleid: The name of the song translates to “do you want to see the bed in flames?”, a similar question “wollt ihr das welt in flammen sehen” which sort of (Eric’s German needed a lot of work) translates to “do you want to see the world in flames?” can be found written by Eric in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook  [026496 582/946]

Beautiful by The Smashing Pumpkins | Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness: The lyrics are written in his school planner [026470 555/946]

Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins | Siamese Dream: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “My THoughtz” section of his webpage [026372 456/946]

Perfect by The Smashing Pumpkins | Adore: This one is just a guess. Eric wrote “perfect” in a list with other songs in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook. The space before it is redacted. [026496 582/946]

Zero by The Smashing Pumpkins | Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness: Dylan supposedly had a Zero long sleeve shirt [026364

Flowers on the Wall by The Statler Brothers | Pulp Fiction Soundtrack: The song can be heard in the background of the “Morning Ritual” video

Particle Man by They Might Be Giants | Flood: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Hacking” section of his webpage [026372 456/946]

Hit ‘Em Up by 2Pac | How Do U Want It single: “So I Fux yo Bitch” is written on a piece of paper [026380 464/946] lyrics were also found on the front page of his school planner [026436 521/946]

Black Sunshine by White Zombie | originally from La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1 but Dylan likely got the song from his White Zombie KMFDM remixes CD: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Hate” section of his webpage [026371 455/946]

Albums that Dylan Klebold referenced/listened to:

Amber by Autechre: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

White Album by The Beatles: Dylan writes “The Beatles’ “White Album” included songs (Helter Skelter, Revolution [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Piggies and others) that Manson felt documented his rage toward society.” in his “The Mind and Motives of Charles Manson” paper. [016026, 016027 72,73/312]

Loops of Fury by The Chemical Brothers: The name of the album is written in his school planner. (this is also the title of a song from this album) [026441 526/946]

Dig Your Own Hole by The Chemical Brothers: Dylan had a Dig Your Own Hole t shirt as well as a sticker on his car [010535 35/100]

Riddim Warfare by DJ Spooky: Dylan had a sticker on his car [010535 35/100]

The Best of the Doors by The Doors: Dylan had the cassette inside of his glove box at the time of the shooting [011430 41/157]

Naïve by KMFDM: Dylan had a KMFDM Naïve sticker on his car [I haven’t actually seen evidence of this myself, I’ve only seen it on other people’s lists. If you have more info on this I would love to see it.]

Xtort by KMFDM: Dylan had an Xtort t shirt that can be seen in the “RNN Interview” video

The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails: Dylan mentioned the album several times throughout his writings, he drew downward spirals in his journal and planner, and had a Downward Spiral t shirt that can be seen in the photo of him wearing his old Boston Red Sox hat, the “Eric inside Columbine” video, as well as in the “RNN Fire” video

Phantom Planet is Missing by Phantom Planet: “Phantom planet” is written on his “Get Bak!” list [possibly borrowed by one of the Eri(c/k)s?] [026376 460/946]

Sehnsucht by Rammstein: The name of the album is written in his school planner multiple times

Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins: Written on his “get bak!” list [026376 460/946]

Nightcrawlers by White Zombie KMFDM Remixes: written on his “get bak!” list [possibly borrowed by Nate] [026376 460/946]

Demon Knight Soundtrack: In one of The Basement Tapes (evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) Eric and Dylan talk about a “Demon Knight” CD, and open the case, revealing a Green Mountain Guns receipt [010379 79/100]

The Doom Generation Soundtrack: Written on his want list which had arrows pointing to it, presumably meaning he wanted it more than the others on the list [026367 451/964]

Pulp Fiction Soundtrack: Written in his journal on his webpage plans to be played over the “Jo Mamma” section of his webpage [026371 455/946]. The album is also playing in the background of the “Morning Ritual” video

Vampires Soundtrack: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

Nowhere Soundtrack: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

Artists that Dylan Klebold referenced/listened to:

Atari Teenage Riot: The logo and name are written in his planner [026462 547/946]

Ceiba: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

The Chemical Brothers: Dylan had a Dig Your Own Hole t-shirt, a Setting Sun t-shirt, a Dig Your Own Hole sticker on his car [010535 35/100], and wrote an essay for his diversion in their font. He mentions them throughout his writings, and also drew up plans to make his own Chemical Brothers shirts [025989 69/946; 026379 463/946]

DJ Spooky: Written in his school planner [026441 526/946] He also had a yellow DJ Spooky shirt that can be seen in the video at King Soopers on Eric’s birthday

Future Sound of London: The acronym is written on his “get bak!” list [possibly borrowed by Zack] [026376 460/946]

Guns and Roses: Dylan doesn’t specifically mention Guns of Roses but he writes “For example, Axel Rose recorded one of Manson’s Songs. And wears a Manson T-shirt at concerts” in his “The Mind and Motives of Charles Manson” paper [016033 79/312]

KMFDM: Mentioned throughout his journal and school planner. He had a tumbling logo sticker on his dashboard that can be seen in the “Morning Ritual” video, a naïve sticker on his car, an Xtort t-shirt and KMFDM wall decorations in his room [025730 10/16, 011422 33/157]

Marilyn Manson: Mrs. Klebold indicated that Dylan had a poster of Marilyn Manson and that she asked him about it, and in particular asked him what it meant. Dylan had told her that it didn’t mean anything and that he didn’t really listen to lyrics ofMarilyn Manson music, however, did listen to the music [010511 11/100]
There was a Marilyn Manson CD found inside a bag in Dylan’s bedroom which was taken into evidence as item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [011564 18/203, 011422 33/157]
Drawings similar to the Antichrist Superstar logo are drawn in his school planner [026463 548/946; 026467 552/946].
He also had a Marilyn Manson sticker on his car [I’m unsure if this is accurate]

Nine Inch Nails: Mentioned several times throughout his writings and had a poster in his room [010511 11/100]
According to Brian Distel and Greg Marcilliott, when they arrived at Mark Manes’ house while Dylan was there to purchase the TEC-9, Dylan’s BMW was parked outside and it had a Nine Inch Nails sticker on it [008183 83/100, 008186 86/100]

Pop Will Eat Itself: The acronym is written in his planner [026444 529/946]

Prana: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

Rammstein: Mentioned multiple times throughout his writings. He also had a sticker on his car.

Renegade Soundwave: Written on his want list [026367 451/964]

Smashing Pumpkins: The box set is written on his want list [026367 451/964]

Spacetime Continuum: “Any Xpt Sea Biscuit” is written on his want list. [026367 451/964]

White Zombie: An unknown cassette was found inside of his glove box at the time of the shooting [011430 41/157]

Music that Dylan hated/didn’t like:

Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith | Big Willie Style: He wrote “kill jiggy” in Nate’s ’97-‘98 yearbook [010714 14/100] The song had reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in March 1998 and was most likely still pretty popular by the time they received their yearbooks.

Hanson: Written on his plan for his webpage as an artist he hates [026371 455/946] He also wrote “kill hanson” in Nate’s ’97-’98 yearbook [010714 14/100]

Puffy (aka Puff Daddy): He wrote “kill puffy” in Nate’s ’97-’98 yearbook [010714 14/100]

Richard Marx: He wrote “kill RICHARD MARX!!!” in Nate’s ’97-’98 yearbook [010714 14/100]

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
spishakwax

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 2:56 am

Songs that Eric Harris referenced/listened to:

Guilty by Gravity Kills | Gravity Kills: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer under the file name “lyrx” [026643 729/946] and again[?] under the name “guilty” [026608 694/946]? Eric wrote a paper about why he chose this song to relate to Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” [026741-026742 827-828/946]

A Drug Against War by KMFDM | Angst: Written in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Anarchy by KMFDM | Symbols: Eric quoted the song in Nate’s ’97-’98 yearbook [010713 13/100]

Dogma by KMFDM | Xtort: He quoted the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Brute by KMFDM | Nihil: On his NBK.doc printout he writes “We came back, from being bombed and loosing major battles to nuke that little piece of shit island and to take over that cool place called Deustchland. I say its cool because I love the German language and “BRUTE” stuff. Kein mitleid fur die merheit.” 026343 427/946]

Godlike by KMFDM | Naïve: Both Eric and Dylan often wrote about being “godlike” throughout their writings. Eric writes ““you’ll be godlike”-KMFDM” in one if his REB DoMiNe AOL chats that he saved on the Harris computer under the file name “Chatroom1” [026573 65/9/46]

Megalomaniac by KMFDM | Symbols: In a note to Kristi Epling, Eric wrote “Diesses ist Kostenzahler-kultur von der unterirdischen…eternal Umdrehung die dieses unser stichhaltiges…KMFDM ist, das besser als das beste…megalomaniacal ist und stark als der Rest. – Sascha K. – KMFDM [012993] This was Eric’s German translation of the English lyrics

Power by KMFDM | Xtort: The lyrics were found on his “rebldomkr” webpage

Son of a Gun by KMFDM | Xtort: The lyrics were written in a paper for school that was found on the Harris computer. It was described as one his most favorite songs. Eric said that the song showed the way he felt about himself sometimes and gave him energy and adrenaline so he played it before his soccer games and such. He also wrote that he heard the song at many memorable points in his teenage life, therefore it came to mind on many occasions and that’s why it meant a lot to him. [026552-026553 638-639/946; 026562-026563 648-649/946] The lyrics were also found on his “RebtheJuvey” webpage [010428 28/100]

Stray Bullet by KMFDM | Symbols: The lyrics were written in a paper for school that was found on the Harris computer, a separate file just of the lyrics and his explanations was also found. Eric wrote that the song described his actions and thoughts the best. He also wrote that he had often been described by friends and family as a “stray bullet” and that people have jokingly said that he is a juggernaut, dearest friend, worst enemy, anarchist and several other sayings from the song. He said it had several things in common with him and his personality [026555 641/946; 026565 651/946]. The lyrics were also found on his “RebtheJuvey” webpage [010429 29/100]

Waste by KMFDM | Symbols: The lyrics were written in a paper for school that was found on the Harris computer. He wrote that it wasn’t as important to him as Son of a Gun but still liked it for its meaning. Describing that some of its lyrics are true to him but some aren’t and said that it was one of his favorite songs. [026553-026554 639-640/946; 026564 649-650/946] The lyrics were also found on his “RebtheJuvey” webpage [010429 29/100]

Shitlist by L7 | Natural Born Killers Soundtrack: Eric and Dylan both liked the movie Natural Born Killers and they both had shitlists.

Closer by Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral: Written in Eric’s journal ““fuck em like an animal, feel them from the inside” as Reznor said. oh - that’s something else…that one NIN video I saw, “broken” or “closer” or something, the one where the guy is kidnapped and tortured like hell… actual hell.” [026016 97/946]

Ich Bin Ein Auslander by Pop Will Eat Itself | Dedos Mis Amigos: I am unsure of where or if it even is in his one of his notebooks like the other lists claim, but I know he did mention that “ich bin ein auslander” was his favorite wbs chatroom on his “RebtheJuvey” webpage. [010428 28/100]

Fire (version unknown) by The Prodigy: Again, this one is just a guess. The name of the song is written on a list with other songs in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook. [026496 582/946]. (Eric Veik describes the song “fire” as a rock song, so it was likely by a different artist.)

Scienide by The Prodigy | More Music for the Jilted Generation: The name of the song is written in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]

Bestrafe Mich by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer. [026708 794/946] along with an English translation [026704 790/946]

Bück dich by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: Written in his journal [026005 86/946], also written in Nate’s ’97-‘98 yearbook [010713 13/100] The lyrics were also found on the Harris computer [026706 792/946] along with an English translation[026702 788/946] Mentioned in his journal [026005 86/946] Eric also mentions the name of a song in a drawing next to “if anything ever happens to me, publish this page!!” in Kristi Epling’s yearbook

Das Modell (presumably by Rammstein) | Das Modell single: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026585 671/946]

Du Hast by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026586-026587 672-673/946]

Du Riechst So Gut by Rammstein | Herzeleid: Lyrics were found on the Harris computer along with an English translation [026588-026589 674-675/946]

Engel by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: He wrote some of the lyrics in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946]. Eric wrote some of the lyrics in a note to Kristi Epling “Gott Weiss ich will kein engel sein.” [012993]
The lyrics were also found on the Harris computer, along with an English translation. [026591-026592 677-678/946]

Heirate Mich by Rammstein | Herzeleid: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026699 785/946]

Herzeleid by Rammstein | Herzeleid: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026623 709/946]

Klavier by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026709 795/946 along with an English translation [026705 791/946]

Kokain by Rammstein | Das Modell single: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer along with an English translation [026633 719/946]

Rammstein by Rammstein | Herzeleid: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026700 786/946]

Tier by Rammstein | Sehnsucht: The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026707 793/946] along with an English translation [026703 789/946] He wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496-026497 582-583/946]. He had a custom shirt made that said “TIER” on the back that can be seen in the “Mock Kidnapping” and “Highway Patrol" videos and also named one of his Doom levels after it which was his “life’s work” [The Basement Tapes 010381 81/100]

Weisses Fleisch by Rammstein | Herzeleid: Eric wrote “”weisses fleisch” - perfect song for me” in the margin of his journal. [026016 97/946] The lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026764 850/946] and he also wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946].

Wilder Wein by Rammstein | originally the demo was released on the Engel single and was later put on the album Live aus Berlin: Lyrics were found on the Harris computer [026766 852/946], he wrote the name of the song in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook [026496 582/946], a small snippet of the song can be heard in the “Hitmen for Hire” video, and Eric also wore a black Wilder Wein shirt in The Basement Tapes [010378 78/100]

Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen by Rammstein | Herzeleid: The name of the song translates to “do you want to see the bed in flames?”, a similar question is written in his subject organizer. “wollt ihr das welt in flammen sehen” which poorly translates to “do you want to see the world in flames?” [026000 81/946] Eric also wrote this question in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook  [026496 582/946]

Perfect by The Smashing Pumpkins | Adore: Again, this one is just a guess. Eric wrote “perfect” in a list with other songs in Dylan’s 1998 yearbook. The space before it is redacted [026496 582/946]

Humans Being by Van Halen | Twister: Can be heard in the background of the “Highway Patrol” video

Albums that Eric Harris referenced/listened to:

Fatherland by Die Krupps: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026181 264/946]
Science of the Gods by Eat Static: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026184 267/946]

Burn, Baby, Burn! by The Electric Hellfire Club: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026179 262/946]

Bombthreat: Before She Blows by Fly: Eric said, “Susan sorry. Under different circumstances it would’ve been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD” in their goodbye tape (evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) [010376 76/100]

Front by Front by Front 242: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026181 264/946]

Tyranny (For You) by Front 242: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026182 265/946]

Killing Time Again by Funker Vogt: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026179 262/946]
2 Unknown Albums by The Future Sound of London: Recovered receipts from Media Play. Based on the prices, one of the albums was likely an EP or a Single [026184 267/946; 026186 269/946]

Adios by KMFDM: In his journal, Eric wrote “heh, get this. KMFDM’s new album is entitled “Adios” and its release date is in April. how fuckin appropriate, a subliminal final “Adios” tribute to Reb and vodka, thanks KMFDM…” [026017 98/946] Adios was released on the day of the shooting.

Agogo by KMFDM: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026181 264/946]

Retro by KMFDM: Recovered receipt from KMFDM inc. The compilation album was given to him for free with his order of posters and video tapes. [026186 269/946]

Voices by Lights of Euphoria: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026179 262/946]

Serenade for the Dead by Leæther Strip: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026180 263/946]

The Mask and Mirror by Loreena McKennitt: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026180 263/946]

Broken EP by Nine Inch Nails: Written in Eric’s journal ““fuck em like an animal, feel them from the inside” as Reznor said. oh - that’s something else…that one NIN video I saw, “broken” or “closer” or something, the one where the guy is kidnapped and tortured like hell… actual hell.” [026016 97/946] He was obviously talking about Closer, but I left this here because he still wrote “broken”

Rise by Nosferatu: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026181 264/946]

U.F.Orb by The Orb: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026185 268/946]

Orbital by Orbital: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026185 268/946] it’s possible that the album that was purchased was Orbital 2. As that album is also referred to as Orbital, and is only referred to as Orbital 2 on the spines of the American releases.

Snivilisation by Orbital: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026184 267/946]

Du Reischt So Gut [likely the ’98 version] by Rammstein: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026182 265/946]

Stripped by Rammstein: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026182 265/946]

Trip Factor by Trip Factor: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026184 267/946]

Next by Vanessa Williams: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026180 263/946] It’s really far fetched that Eric would have bought Next for himself. Given that it was purchased in December I would assume that it was a Christmas gift. It also seems that it was bought right before closing time as if it was needed last minute.

Demon Knight Soundtrack: The CD case was found at his house [011560 14/203] In one of The Basement Tapes (evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) Eric and Dylan talk about a “Demon Knight” CD, and open the case, revealing a Green Mountain Guns receipt [010379 79/100]

Hardcorps – The Ultimate in Gabber and Hardcore Techno by Various Artists: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026186 269/946] This album was previously thought to be Ultimate Gabber Trance: The Beats from Hell by Various Artists.

Industrial Rock by Various artists: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026180 263/946]

Industrial War: The Agony and the Ecstasy of Industrial Music by Various artists: Recovered receipt from Media Play [026180 263/946]

A custom burn of gothic industrial stuff: Eric wrote on his survey/chain letter that this was his favorite CD he owned [026859 946/946]

Unknown imports CD: Recovered receipt from Angelo’s CD’s & Tapes [026185 268/946]

Artists that Eric Harris referenced/listened to:

Atari Teenage Riot: The logo can be seen on Eric’s backpack in the yearbook photo

Front 242: Mentioned “242” in a paper for school [026189 272/946]

The Future Sound of London: Eric credited them in his Doom Tier wad text file [026846 932/946]

KMFDM: Mentioned several times throughout his writings and is featured on his “You know what I love/hate?” page. Eric had a KMFDM Tour ’97 shirt that can be seen in the “Eric inside Columbine” video and he also had a black snapback hat which he customized by putting an Iron cross on the back. The hat can be seen in the “Rampart Range” and “Radioactive Clothing” videos. He also had at least 2 KMFDM posters as well as 2 KMFDM VHS tapes [026186 269/946] He also had a KMFDM tumbling logo sticker on his left rear passenger window that can be seen in the “Radioactive Clothing” and “Highway Patrol” videos

Marilyn Manson: Eric wrote a list of bands including “M.M.”, which is presumably short for Marilyn Manson [026113 194/946] Eric also mentions “Manson” on the “News” section of his webpage [026701 787/946]

Nine Inch Nails: Mentioned throughout his writings. The logo is written on his backpack and can be seen in the yearbook photo

The Prodigy: Written on Eric’s “You know what I love/hate?” page as an artist he loves [026359 443/946]

The Smashing Pumpkins: Written in the “News” section of his webpage “[soon i’ll receive complaints about the gnashing bumpkins….]” [026701 787/946]

Loreena Mckennitt: Mentioned in a paper for school [026189 272/946]

The Orb: Eric credited them in his Tier Doom level text file [026846 932/946]

Orbital: Mentioned in a paper for school [026189 272/946], mentioned in his “You know what I love/hate?” page [026359 443/946], he drew the logo in Dylan’s yearbook [026497 583/946] and credited them in his Tier Doom level text file [026846 932/946]

Rammstein: Mentioned several times throughout his writings and his “You know what I love/hate?” page [026359 443/946] He had 4 known Rammstein shirts, 2 of which were custom made, and also had a sticker on his car.

Music that Eric Harris hated/didn’t like:

The Auquabats

Bills Dog Verne(?)

Blink 182

Enya: I’m not quite sure where this belongs on this list. In Eric’s music reviews, he wrote “Oh yip-ee. Enya wannabe.” [026173 255/946]
Susan Dewitt stated that some of the music that she and Eric listened to was “soft and flowing,” such as Enya.  Susan also noted that Eric had a lot of CD’s and that he made them off of the computer. [006197 97/100]

Five Iron Frenzy

Hanson

Less Than Jake

Lil Kim

Mase

Master P

Missy Elliot

The Pietasters

Puff Daddy: “PUFFY DADDY OR PUFFY COMBS OR PUFFY SMALLS OR WHATEVER THE HELL HIS NAME
IS!! I hate that guy!!!!! Why doesn’t andyone “bust a cap” in his ass??? He cant even rap worth a
damn! All his songs are like “mmm yeah huh Uu Uu Uu yeyah mgmmmm yeeeeyahh jjjjeya Uoo UU uu…..mmmtmdlkg mmmmmmmtgmmmm yaaahhh…. Uu…” and stuff. I HATE THAT GUY!!!” [026359 443/946]

Reel Big Fish

The Scorpions: Written in the “News” section of his webpage “OF COURSE THEY’RE ANOTHER “FAKE” {sic!} “HYPE” “FROM GERMANY”, [JUST LIKE ]…. ‘THE SCORPIONS”….” [026701 787/946]

Will Smith

WB Network theme: “THE W.B. network!!!! OH JESUS MARY MOTHER OF GOD ALMIGHTY I HATE THAT CHANNEL WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. Their stupid “dubba dubba hey dubba hoe dubba B dubba boo dubba foo dubba dubba wubba lubba HEY dubba hoe dubba” CRAP!! Are they purposely
doing that just to piss me off!!!??? JESUUUUS!!!” [026358 442/946]

Country Music: “cuuuuuuuuhntryyyyyyyyyy music!!!” [026356 446/946]

Jazz: In his music reviews he wrote “stupid fucking saxiphone crap. I hate this kinda fuckin music. Goddamn white bushey apes and spear chuckers snappin their gay little fingers and tapping their faggot little shoes. I want to take that sax and toss it into a vat of molten steel along with it’s owner. or maybe charge into their gay little night club blasting away with an AR-15 and kill everyone of those punkass happy jazzy fuck sticks.” and also wrote “What catagory is this BS anyway? Shell blowing - bone wacking Tree shaking, Jazz?” [026173 255/946]

Rappers: “RAPPERS AND THEIR OH SO SMOOTH COOL SUAVE RAPPER ATTITUDE!!!!!” [026359 443/946]”

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 6:37 pm

spishakwax wrote:

There was a Marilyn Manson CD found inside a bag in Dylan’s bedroom which was taken into evidence as item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [011564 18/203, 011422 33/157]

What was the CD?

Back to top Go down
spishakwax

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 am

The evidence pages listed here don't say. It's possible that it's located somewhere else in the files though.

isabellaaa

Contribution Points : 39080
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 1:45 am

Incredible list, thank you for taking the time to write it down for us! I wouldn't have known about KMFDM if it wasn't for the boys
Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

Contribution Points : 38623
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Rammstein singer, Till Lindemann, has contracted the Coronavirus; now he's in intensive care.
After being interested in Columbine, I listened to some of the Rammstein's songs mentioned by the two boys; I must admit some of these are really cool. I hope Lindemann can heal without any other problems.

cthulhu dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 pm

My_mondays wrote:
Rammstein singer, Till Lindemann, has contracted the Coronavirus; now he's in intensive care.
After being interested in Columbine, I listened to some of the Rammstein's songs mentioned by the two boys; I must admit some of these are really cool. I hope Lindemann can heal without any other problems.

Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

Contribution Points : 38623

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Oh, thank you. So was it really a fake news? Here in Italy it's reported everywhere, on the net. Oh well.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 63470
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Don't know if ever someone tried to translate the lyrics of the german songs, but i just went through Eric's Rammstein stuff. As we all know, Eric liked some kind of foreshadowing, i found something on "Weisses Fleisch" that gives me chillls, especially the very first lyrics.

I'll try to translate the opening lyrics of the song:

"Du auf dem Schulhof
ich zum Töten bereit

und keiner hier weiß
von meiner Einsamkeit
Rote Striemen auf weißer Haut
ich tu dir weh
und du jammerst laut
Jetzt hast du Angst und ich bin soweit
mein schwarzes Blut versaut dir das Kleid
Dein weißes Fleisch erregt mich so
ich bin doch nur ein Gigolo
dein weißes Fleisch erleuchtet mich
Mein schwarzes Blut und dein weißes Fleisch
ich werd immer geiler von deinem Gekreisch
der Angstschweiß da auf deiner weißen Stirn
hagelt in mein krankes Gehirn"

"You on the schoolyard
i'm ready to kill

and nobody knows
about my loneliness
red stripes on white skin
i'm gonna hurt you
and you'll whine loudly
now you're scared and i'm ready to go
my black blood screws up your dress
your white skin makes me excited
but i'm just a gigolo
your white flesh illuminates me
my black blood and your white flesh
i'm getting horny from your screeching
your sweat of fear
hails in my brain"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Sickened they liked Rammstein and KMFDM...
I wonder how Eric and Dylan would reacts about Rammstein's "Deutschland" ... I bet Eric would have a stronger fascinations because of the "WW2 part"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Wonder what the Marilyn Manson poster was. We can only guess now.
Back to top Go down
TechClub

TechClub

Contribution Points : 36790
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 7:17 pm

badjunk wrote:

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61064
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

I think that KMFDM was more Erics thing since he referenced it more and NIN was more Dylans thing. I also find it it interesting that Dylan was into more experimental stuff like Chemical Brothers rather than just industrial stuff

Smiggles94 and Carnifex879 like this post

Back to top Go down
WhereHaveYouBeen

Contribution Points : 52625
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 pm

I've come across a few different sources claiming that E&D listened to black metal, but I can't seem to find any confirmation/proof for this.

The lists in this thread don't seem to have any black metal artists too (unless I missed something Very Happy ).

Is this true?

Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68397
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 10:48 pm

TechClub wrote:
badjunk wrote:

That was the poster? I knew Dylan had one but never saw a photo before. Always liked that album cover to be honest.

jasondjones

jasondjones

Contribution Points : 35875

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 10:45 am

I recently uploaded Industrial War '97 on my Youtube channel, after Magnimate helped me to digitise the album's content. You can see from the cover why Eric was interested in buying the CD.

If anyone is curious about it:

QuestionMark, isabellaaa and lognifiiskurk like this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61064

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Eric did write about KMFDM in a school assignment, where he says that the songs 'Son of a Gun', 'Waste', and 'Stray Bullet' relate to him and his life.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80647
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 am

Almost certainly the Mortal Kombat CD introduced them to KMFDM, with Juke Joint Jezebel, and is why Dylan keeps saying "halcyon" - Orbital's song Halcyon On and On.  On the Angelo's CDs and Tapes receipts, Eric was buying some Orbital. Brooks Brown notes he and Dylan played a lot of Mortal Kombat.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 38154

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 10:04 am

They mainly listened to KMFDM. A lot of the t-shirts and hats they wore were KMFDM merch.

MilverSoxie dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80647
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 4:31 am

I don't know about "mainly" or "a lot of the t shirts and hats" that seems to overstate it. But yes, Dylan had the Xtort shirt on in the RNN clip on the day of the van break-in, and Eric had the tumble logo 97 tour shirt on for "Eric in Columbine", and Eric had a KMFDM hat.

I think on Eric in Columbine and in other photos Dylan has the Downward Spiral shirt on, as a counterexample with multiple instances rather than just the one.

But with those qualifications, it's certainly true that were I to make a "Columbine media pack" as in their video games/music/movies/magazines/etc those who study the case should know better if they don't, the first two albums would be the two mentioned above, KMFDM's Xtort and "Symbols."  I think Dylan or both of them also had a Nihil sticker in the car too. As I think they got into it with the Mortal Kombat CD, don't think one will find much pre 95 from them.

jasondjones likes this post

Back to top Go down
jasondjones

jasondjones

Contribution Points : 35875

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 3:29 pm

I uploaded another album to Youtube, which was owned by Eric. Does anybody own Trip Factor's self titled album btw?

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2