Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made

Go down 
+5
Juicy Jazzy
Mj2beat
Jenn
Venganza
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Venganza

Contribution Points : 92463
Forum Reputation : 3

If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Empty
PostSubject: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 7:13 pm

What do you think it would be like?

Would it follow the killers, or one or more of the victims, or both?

How far do you think they'd go with fictionalizing the events?

Would you watch it?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119008
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:14 pm

With our luck it will probably be a movie called "Columbine" based on the best selling novel by Dave Cullen.

evans12gauge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95304
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:37 pm

I am with Jenn and if not, it would be like the movies inspire on School Shootings (Elephant or Zero Day) but a bit more like Klass or The Dirties. I doubt it and its dream a bit too much but everything can happen.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119008
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 pm

I'd like to see a movie that is similar to "Zero Hour" but not in documentary form. A movie that sticks to basically what happened. Personally, I'd probably be more interested in a movie that follows Dylan and Eric starting around 11th grade or so. And yes, I'd definitely watch any movie that was made about Columbine. Sadly, I'd probably even watch a movie based on Cullen's book just to see how bad the movie was.

Back to top Go down
Venganza

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
I'd like to see a movie that is similar to "Zero Hour" but not in documentary form. A movie that sticks to basically what happened. Personally, I'd probably be more interested in a movie that follows Dylan and Eric starting around 11th grade or so. And yes, I'd definitely watch any movie that was made about Columbine. Sadly, I'd probably even watch a movie based on Cullen's book just to see how bad the movie was.

I've gotta agree with you, there, regarding an adaptation of Cullen's book.

It would be easier to enjoy if you just thought of it as a fictionalized version of what happened.

One deviation I'm almost certain they'd take from true events is probably to work one or more of the victims into Eric and Dylan's lives earlier than in reality, to make the viewers care more about those killed, and because it's just so much more dramatic to have them shoot people they'd had prior history with rather than random students.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98769
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:11 am

There is already a film out about Columbine, it's called April Showers.

It's based off Andrew Robinson's experiences at Columbine, before, during and after the massacre. It also focuses on his relationship with Rachel Scott. Obviously, the characters are renamed etc.

Towards the end of the movie there is a few minutes dedication to every school shooting victim in the US since before the movie was made. A very touching movie, I enjoyed it immensely.

Here is a download link!
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 am

Jenn wrote:

I would enjoy a movie like this also. It can go into their 'missions', working at Blackjack and their van break in and subsequent arrest. Throughout the movie will have the boys planning Columbine, with the film ending as the boys drive into Columbine on April 20.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:22 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I would enjoy a movie like this also. It can go into their 'missions', working at Blackjack and their van break in and subsequent arrest. Throughout the movie will have the boys planning Columbine, with the film ending as the boys drive into Columbine on April 20.

I would want to watch exactly the same that you both and hopefully with parts about their relationship with the jocks and life in the school before planning the massacre and while they are planning it, seeing better their motives to do it at the same time.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Venganza

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Something else that would be interesting to see would be a movie that has the Massacre as its midpoint, with the first half being planning, perhaps the January incident, and the second half being the shockwaves the shooting sends through Littleton and then America. I'd rather it be kind of long, though, so everything can be really fleshed out.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 93291
Forum Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 5:16 pm

"Duck!  The Carbine High Massacre"
Although the budget for that film was like $1.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:58 am

I had this really great idea come to me the other week. What if someone made a Columbine game which has modern graphics. But basically an informative game, where you play as a new student at Columbine and you experience school life both before and after the incident. You can befriend the victims, the injured, notable students and staff, and even Eric and Dylan themselves. Littered throughout the game are collectables such as newspaper articles (which would be actual news articles) and VHS tapes (which would be actual videos). Perhaps your character could go along on a 'rebel mission' or help Dylan with the sound during school performances. Maybe you could go along with Daniel Mauser and Brooks Brown to a school debate or you might even go to a youth group session with Rachel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
I had this really great idea come to me the other week. What if someone made a Columbine game which has modern graphics. But basically an informative game, where you play as a new student at Columbine and you experience school life both before and after the incident. You can befriend the victims, the injured, notable students and staff, and even Eric and Dylan themselves. Littered throughout the game are collectables such as newspaper articles (which would be actual news articles) and VHS tapes (which would be actual videos). Perhaps your character could go along on a 'rebel mission' or help Dylan with the sound during school performances. Maybe you could go along with Daniel Mauser and Brooks Brown to a school debate or you might even go to a youth group session with Rachel?

That actually sounds kind of cool, except it'd possibly become even more twisted than the reaction to SCMRPG. Sigh.
Would take a lot of effort, but I have a feeling that could happen sometime, just not specifically about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102413
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 am

A realistic movie about Columbine would not be interesting.

People think because Eric and Dylan did something historical they must be really interesting.

But Eric and Dylan were just far too juvenile in their antics to hold viewers' interest. Watch any of the videos. Childish.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:09 am

lasttrain wrote:
A realistic movie about Columbine would not be interesting.

People think because Eric and Dylan did something historical they must be really interesting.

But Eric and Dylan were just far too juvenile in their antics to hold viewers' interest. Watch any of the videos. Childish.

They in fact were really interesting, they had some ideologies and points of view about society and world that everyone should read and analyse more because not all the kids of their age think like they did and I would love to watch something that portray those two sides of them apart of the massacre, but if for you they are not interesting and they were very childish, thats ok, for many of us they are interesting and for many other people too and after all they were teens so thats what we had to expect.

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43054
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Columbine dating sim

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
vandands

Contribution Points : 61697
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 7:14 pm

The other day I was watching the last episode of Westworld and in the opening there is an actor playing a sniper who could definitely act as Eric (min. 1.50):
Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16632
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 7:13 pm

Since this thread was posted, a movie came out in 2016 called "I'm Not Ashamed" which gets less into the massacre itself and more into the events leading up to it, told through the lens of Rachel Scott. It was distributed by the evangelical Christian company known as Pinnacle Peak Pictures formerly known as Pureflix. It's really bad.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made   If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If a (non-documentary) Columbine film was made
Page 1 of 1