Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86932
Forum Reputation : 70

2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Empty
PostSubject: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 am

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of the situation at hand currently in the CBD of Sydney. So far there is a hostage situation and at least one gunman, this is happening right now so I am still trying to find out information.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:05 am

Ivan wrote:

Im from NZ so our TV brodacsters have connections with AUS TV companies so we have live broadcasts on our Channels right now, Thanks for the link though. My guess is its a lone wolf attack and he has been making some very stupid moves which will either way cost him his life or his life in jail.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:08 am

Falcolus wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Im from NZ so our TV brodacsters have connections with AUS TV companies so we have live broadcasts on our Channels right now, Thanks for the link though. My guess is its a lone wolf attack and he has been making some very stupid moves which will either way cost him his life or his life in jail.
At one point in time, I lived in a suburb of Sydney (not too far away from the CBD where this is unfolding) and my father still lives there and works in the city.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:09 am

I don't think it is a lone-wolf attack. I believe there are several gunman in the building, and several others around other parts of Sydney -- namely the Opera House as a bomb threat was declared there.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:09 am

Ivan wrote:
Falcolus wrote:
Ivan wrote:

At one point in time, I lived in a suburb of Sydney (not too far away from the CBD where this is unfolding) and my father still lives there and works in the city.

Well that's quite interesting, I'm sure to visit Sydney next time I visit Australia.

Falco

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 am

Ivan wrote:
I don't think it is a lone-wolf attack. I believe there are several gunman in the building, and several others around other parts of Sydney -- namely the Opera House as a bomb threat was declared there.

Well at least two I reckon, Im not sure about the bomb threat though. I think there are two scenarios, number one is that this is either a lone wolf attack or maybe afew extremists who aren't to sure on what they are doing or this could be a rather well planned attack, maybe this could be a diversion to another attack, that could explain the bomb threat. Who knows really but the police are keeping quite so not much information is leaking.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:42 am

Falcolus wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Well at least two I reckon, Im not sure about the bomb threat though. I think there are two scenarios, number one is that this is either a lone wolf attack or maybe afew extremists who aren't to sure on what they are doing or this could be a rather well planned attack, maybe this could be a diversion to another attack, that could explain the bomb threat. Who knows really but the police are keeping quite so not much information is leaking.
I think it is a well planned attack myself, rumors of such an event came about in September of this year -- indicating an attack on Martin Place.

I do believe the bomb threat is linked with the Martin Place incident, but as you have said, we have little to go by because the police are keeping everything under wraps.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 am

With things like that then this could go any way and without much information its hard to speculate.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Two reported deaths and 5 injuries. The siege is also officially over.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:40 am

This is so surprising, this sort of thing just doesn't happen in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 am

Are you Australian Ivan?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95354
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:43 pm

I watched it live yesterday too and it shocked me because this sort of situations not happen in Australia very often and I am not used to see them there, I am glad that it eventually finished although it did with two deaths what is really sad. I dont know for how long these attacks will still happen around the world but it worries me even more now.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98293
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 am

Mj2beat wrote:
I watched it live yesterday too and it shocked me because this sort of situations not happen in Australia very often and I am not used to see them there, I am glad that it eventually finished although it did with two deaths what is really sad. I dont know for how long these attacks will still happen around the world but it worries me even more now.

Sadly, I think they will become more & more frequent in 2015.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:

Sadly, I think they will become more & more frequent in 2015.
I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am

The guy apparently looked up to ISIL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis   2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 Sydney Lindt Hostage Crisis
Page 1 of 1