Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program

Go down 
+2
Gonz
Juicy Jazzy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Empty
PostSubject: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Rewrite the Script

Quote :
My name is Craig Scott. I survived the Columbine High School shooting that occurred in 1999 but that event does not define me. I have spent the last decade speaking to millions of students nationwide on the subject of Character Education. As a result of my experiences I have written and present my story through Rewrite the Script. My goal is to create a lasting cultural impact on schools where kids are challenged to have character and kindness and a positive atmosphere. Together we can help students become the hero of their own story!

There was a bit of controversy within Columbine circles when it was found out that Craig left Rachel's Challenge.

Turns out he is following his fathers footsteps and created his own school program. I'm not too sure how much it differs from RC though.
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85015
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:46 am

I guess he just wants to keep all the money to himself…

$3000 for a day, oh my…
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 pm

On the Rachel's Challenge page they say it is a non-profit organization but I read that they charge thousands of dollars to each school they visit. Not understanding how that is 'non-profit' if they are charging the schools?

Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101913
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Non-profit doesn't mean no revenue, it means that the money is used to further the goals of the organization rather than given to those who work for the organization.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:17 pm

It must cost quite a bit travelling the country to do these talks. They would have to pay for flights/ hotels etc. I'm not surprised it costs quite a bit to have this sort of event on at a school.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 am

Another thing to consider is that if a person works for RC all or most of the time they wouldn't have time for another career or at least not a full one so I guess it is like working at many other places except for the Scotts its a labor of love.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program   Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig Scott creates his own school assembly program
Page 1 of 1