Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 91992
Forum Reputation : 0

Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:14 pm

So what do you guys think about Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge? I heard it's an organization to talk about and prevent school violence, bullying, and suicide. Do you guys think it's good organization? Do you guys think it reaches out to youth? Some rude person said it's base on lies or something. And I read somewhere in Larkin's book that Cassie parents threaten a girl to say it was Cassie that said yes when ask to believe in God. I wonder if there is a good source for that. What does Valeen Schnurr think of Cassie's book? It was her that said yes, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Rachel's challenge seems to be a good organization, based on what Rachel wrote in her journals, her ideologies or her thoughts and Ive seen comments of people claiming that they got inspire in her story after it came to their school but I dont know if there are lies or about the Cassie thing and I think that Valeen haven't talked about that but maybe someone else here knows more about it.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 92654
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:13 am

Speaking of Valeen, I remember googling something Rachel's challenge related, and a similar search was "Valeen Schnurr angry at Craig Scott". Anyone have any idea what that's about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 am

gutenfxckintag wrote:
Speaking of Valeen, I remember googling something Rachel's challenge related, and a similar search was "Valeen Schnurr angry at Craig Scott". Anyone have any idea what that's about?
Perhaps it was because he kept telling everyone that the "Do you believe in God?" exchange was between Eric and Rachel, not Valeen and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 91992

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 am

I think he mention that exchange when he visit Columbine last year. Here's the vid http
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:52 pm

I cant watch the video but I never understood why the people (many involved to the case) keep saying and believing that Cassie and Rachel were the ones who said "yes", the people and specially christians, treat them like martyrs for that, when now is a fact that was Valeen who said yes, but of course, Valeen wasnt an already known christian like Cassie and Rachel so for many was and is more convenient keep saying that they did it to sell the story that the massacre was againts christians or whatever. I dont have anything againts Cassie and Rachel and I like what Rachel's family is doing with the fundation but is better to keep the facts straight and not to the convenicence of a group of people.

I am still looking for the story about Valeen angry with Craig though.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102412
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm

There's an interesting article here that addresses the misunderstanding that it was Cassie that said yes:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 92654
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 6:22 pm

It probably gives the Scotts and Bernalls comfort believing their girls died in the name of Jesus Christ, for a purpose. My guess is both families have convinced themselves that those exchanges did take place. If they hadn't died, this would not have been the case. Even though they weren't martyrs they can still be looked up to. Rachel's challenge would be taken much more seriously if the Scotts accepted the facts.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84436

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Lurking
Someone uploaded the full assembly to youtube last year. The speaker was Craig's best friend.

I was kinda surprised to hear him tell everyone that they really believe Eric & Dylan were victims, too. Especially within the first 5 minutes (i'm just guessing that they use the same topics and guidelines at different schools, grade levels, etc.) Also, no religion talk, & surprisingly the 'do you believe in God' thing is never mentioned; just like in their Rachel documentary.
One thing I noticed throughout the entire presentation, is that he makes sure to repeat that they're not trying to portray Rachel as some kind of flawless, perfect, saint child. They're obviously only telling you the good side of her, and of course the inspirational things she left behind. The entire thing really is just about stopping bullying in their schools, and encouraging kids to find and better themselves. Really refreshing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge   Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig Scott and Rachel's Challenge
Page 1 of 1