Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.

Go down 
+6
lol
ThoughtBox
PaintItBlack
browneyes11
Juicy Jazzy
Sabratha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97892
Forum Reputation : 440

Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Empty
PostSubject: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 am

virtual wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:
Wow that's interesting.Kind of makes me wonder if Rachel was one of the girls that Dylan was in love with. I suppose its possible. That dude had crushes on everyone lol

I am not sure if Rachel was, however, I believe he did intend to kill the girl he was in "love" with based on his last journal. I don't think that was directed at Eric but a girl in the school.

It certainly was directed at some girl and he certainly wanted to kill her. Dylan is of course very cryptic, but this is how I interpret his writings.

SodaCanHalfwayOpen wrote:
I have little doubt that Dylan most likely had at least a passing interest in Rachel, if not a full-blown crush, which, as has been noted here, he had a tendency to do with any girl who may or may not have even known he existed.

We talked about this at lenght at the old forums. Nobody found any definite evidence of who was Dylan's dream girl and wether or not she was a CHS student or even a real person at all.

However, we do know Dylan had at least some acquintance with Rachel, something that was not true when it comes to any other victim. However, as I explain below it migth be worthwhile to study the timeline of the shooting,a s it migth give us valid pointers why Rachel might have indeed been Dylan's dream girl.

At around 11:14, E&D carried in the duffel bags and went out. They waited outside of CHS for the bombs to go off at 11:17. Normally Richard Castaldo and Rachel would have been in the cafeteria. The bombs failed to go off and at 11:19 E&D started the shooting. However, at 11:19 the brake was far from over and there were still a lot of people inside the cafeteria. The gunmen did not at once run to the cafeteria, but instead took their time shooting people outside and in the hallways.
When they finally got to the cafeteria, they did not even bother shooting at the people who were still there (as there were stll some students hiding under tables etc when E&D first came in).

So, why did they start the shoting so quickly, not giving the bombs a bit more time just in case? If this was a case of Eric wating to start the killing while many people are still in the cafeteria, why didn't they start the shooting inside the cafeteria? Why did they move so slowly to teh cafeteria? Last question: why didn't they shoot the remainign people in the cafeteria?

Let us for a second speculate that Rachel was indeed Dylan's dream girl. If we make this assumption, then this might explain something about the CHS timeline and resolve the questions I put above.

1) First and foremost, Rachel would have normally been in the cafeteria at the time. So it was perfectly natural for Dylan to expect her to die in the blast.
2) Castaldo in an interview stated that they went outside only because the weatehr was so nice, its not something they had planned. He also mentioned that they sat down to eat but did not have time to actually sart eating befor ethe shooting started. This emans the gunmen opened fire very quickly after Scott and Castaldo went outside.
3) Several witnesses report that before the first shots were fired, one of the gunmen shouted "Go! Go!"

Now my arument woudl be this: Dylan saw Rachel wak out of HS and he realized that wether or not the bomb goes off or not, Rachel will be outside and probably unhurt. He was afraid she would move further away and escape the shooting. Thus in this case it was probably him who shouted the phrase to attack and then first opened fire on Rachel, because otherwise he was afraid that she might get away.

In shot, if we assume Rache was Dylan's intended target, then it would explain:
1) Why They started shooting without waiting for the lunch break to end
2) Why they did start shooting outside and not inside the cafeteria amongst huge numbers of students.
3) Why Rachel was the first to die
4) Why Dylan seems to have ben so cheerfull during the shooting

So, this is all speculation and we will never know for certain who Dylan was refering to. However, I hope I managed to prove that Rachel is an entirely probable "candidate" to have been Dylan's dream girl and that assuming sheindeed was will in turn help to explain some less-logical aspects of the CHS shooting which otherwise would remain unexplained.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Last edited by Sabratha on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 am

I don't think it's probable at all that Rachel was Dylan's halcyon girl. For starters we don't even know if they were acquainted. Also, he wrote extensively about his dream girl. If she was indeed Rachel, this would have (unintentionally) been leaked by the incompetent police corps of Jeffco. At least they would have informed Rachel's parents about it and they, undoubtedly, would have shared this with the sensationalist media - who in turn would've jumped right on it.

Dylan's love had a name with 5 letters, like his. Hence why he was preoccupied with the number and it kept returning in his writings.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:40 pm

MegaloX wrote:
I don't think it's probable at all that Rachel was Dylan's halcyon girl. For starters we don't even know if they were acquainted. Also, he wrote extensively about his dream girl. If she was indeed Rachel, this would have (unintentionally) been leaked by the incompetent police corps of Jeffco. At least they would have informed Rachel's parents about it and they, undoubtedly, would have shared this with the sensationalist media - who in turn would've jumped right on it.

Dylan's love had a name with 5 letters, like his. Hence why he was preoccupied with the number and it kept returning in his writings.

Well, Jeffco is rather competent with keeping secrets. But the note on the 5 letters is valid.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Sabratha wrote:

Well, Jeffco is rather competent with keeping secrets.

Now that you mention it, they kinda are... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:13 am

Dylan's girl was most likely Marla Foust, based mostly on the fact that he said she had a 'weird name' and based on the letter poem thing he wrote in his journal which only fits with her name and her name only.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84894
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Who was Marla Foust? Is there info about her now?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Marla Foust was a CHS student. I think she was a freshman at the time of the shootings. She claimed in her police interview Dylan asked her to the prom but she turned him down because she already had a date. She was friendly with some of the TCM people. Because of this people speculate she was the main girl Dylan wrote about and her name would fit but nobody knows for sure. She had worked as a model in the past but I don't know what she is doing now.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:19 am

Marla knew Devon Adams and hung out with the TCM. Writing about his dream girl Dylan mentioned, ''knowing her friends''.

In his journal there is a sentence that, while pretty much unintelligible, says something like: ''Rec. thing with Marla''.

She claims to have spent time with Zack and Dylan, a couple of days before his death.

In the weeks leading up to the shooting, he ponders calling her. Well, Marla claims to have been called and asked to go to prom with him.

Her first and last name consists of 5 letters, a number very significant to Dylan. It also fits the anagram.

After the tragedy she, along with another freshmen called Katie Thompson, wrote essays about Eric and Dylan. Katie had dated Eric Harris in the past. Their teacher reported both girls, because she suspected them of having crushes on the killers.

Marla is actually quite beautiful. There are pictures of her all over the internet. She kinda reminds me of Lana Del Rey.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:17 am

MegaloX wrote:
Marla is actually quite beautiful. There are pictures of her all over the internet. She kinda reminds me of Lana Del Rey.

Is she a model now or something?

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:58 am

SodaCanHalfwayOpen wrote:
Is she a model now or something?

She used to be a model, I don't know if she still is. Most of the photo's that are floating around online, seem to be from the year 2007 or so.

Let's speculate and assume that Marla was indeed Dylan's halcyon girl. Could she have been the reason why he, unlike Eric, ran through the school and chased fleeing students at the beginning of the massacre. Was he looking for her? Ironically, Marla claimed that while escaping, she looked into an empty hallway towards the sound of shooting and noticed a gunman in a black trenchcoat with a long gun - this was Dylan. Marla didn't recognize him however. I wonder if he saw her too and even tried shooting at her?

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:16 am

Rec. thing with Marla"
Where in the world did you find this? I thought all the names were redacted.

Btw I believe that journal entry was in July 1997....ironically a month or so later he speaks of his love. This fits in. Dylan wrote it in his junior year he had class with her. Marla would be a freshman.

Marla was not a freshman at the time of the shooting. She was a sophomore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:23 pm

I found it years ago, when I first started researching Columbine. This was around 08' or 09'. We discussed it on Danny Ledonne's old forum. Others have noticed it too. Tim Krabbe mentions it in his book, we are but we aren't psycho.

The scribbling is quite unclear, so the redactor could have easily missed it.

lol wrote:
Marla was not a freshman at the time of the shooting. She was a sophomore.

You are right, my bad.

Btw, is it common for juniors to share classes with freshman in the US?

Last edited by MegaloX on Fri May 01, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dico

Contribution Points : 82812

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

^I've had a few classes through out high school that I shared with students in other grades before.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:36 pm

From a rough google translation of We are but we aren't psycho:

pg 026401 [Dylan's Journal] : I lost my feelings ... as in the song Hurt. NIN. People eventually reach happiness. I will never be that. Does that make me a non-human? YES. The god of sadness ... --- church was so much fun ... the thing w rec. mara ...

You could almost read over, but amid all the misery god reports of sadness that he has something nice polite. But what does a god of sadness in a church? And what is a "rec" thing? And how come there just uncensored 'mara' state? All the names in his diary, except Eric, have black censorship bars, but here the censor may have not been that it was a name, nor seen Dylan first 'marla' wrote. He croaked through - but it's still readable. Probably he meant his schoolmate Marla Foust.

pg 026426: Then there is an acrostic on the name of the girl, made by the censor to riddle. I should have let it untranslated. Puzzle you must include:

- Is for the --- joy she gives me
- Is for how she --- me helpless with her beautiful gaze
- Is for the moments she shares --- w. me
- Is for the --- love that I've been looking for all my life
- Is the --- of us as a couple
- How --- I hope to spend time with her
- How she is the --- one I love, that I have ever loved
- Is for the --- where we can look at the stars
- How --- beautiful she is
- Her --- for everything she does

Even with knowledge of the solution this is by Dylan's bizarre language not so easy to solve. Probably it should be:

Moments of - Always leaves - Rare - Lost & - Aspect - Fondly - Only - Universe - Supremely - Taste; Marla Foust so. The only two entirely certain letters, the O on the seventh and eighth place, you make other solutions actually been impossible.

Dylan's fondness for the number 5 is expressed in many ways: the board with a 5 often along his Lost Highways State; figures resembling 5 submachine guns; the fifth dimension, which he would later say that he lives in it. Maybe it has to do with Marla.

Eric is more often found by fangirls sexy than Dylan. But Dylan had a secret admirer who that Eric into insignificance. Namely the possibility exists that the girl of his dreams halcyon also dreamed of him. Then she would Marla Foust should have been, and that is likely.

In August '97 Dylan according to his diary for the first time in love, but then there is confusion - he was mistaken; he was deceived by a false love; there is a girl who he thinks "hold deeper than ever." Censorship beams make it difficult to follow that because they cover not only their absolute identity, but also their relative identity - from beam to beam may involve another girl.

And while Dylan sometimes do not know exactly who he is actually, or more on the idea of love seems to write than a certain girl.

On 3 November '97 he calls holds four girls whom he might, but note that there is also by the censor overlooked marla / mara, with whom he has something fun (the enigmatic 'rec thing' in a church) has experienced.

Then there is enough ambiguity and doubt, but no indication that this love ceases. That remains to be love acrostic beginning of '99 whose "Marla Foust 'is the solution. Even after changing his love - Marla was the girl with whom Dylan to the halcyon wanted.

Marla Foust was a year younger than Dylan; a yearbook photo shows a handsome dark-haired girl with a cheerful smile. In the police file, they will be a few times; according to her own statement she heard in the school year 1997-'98 with the Trenchcoat Mafia. She often wore a black trench coat, black beret and sunglasses. Its dealings with the TCM was limited to school. At lunchtime they did card games and they talked about swords and knives, but she had never seen anyone in the group with a sword. Drugs were not used. The other TCM -ers did go even drink, somewhere in the mountains, but they did not go.

She knew Dylan. He had her, she says, asked this year for the prom - she had already agreed with someone else, otherwise she said yes. On the weekend before the prom, she had "done something with Dylan and Zack. Nothing was said about what was going to happen on 20 April.

When the shooting started, she had mathematics. She heard shots and the whole class had to go. When run away through a corridor they had glanced at the end of the shoot, and a boy in a black trenchcoat seen with a weapon. She thought it was X (a censored name), but later had classmates told her that she was mistaken; it was Dylan.

A few weeks later the teacher of that class had her students write an essay about the shooting. Two stories jumped out, she thought, of girls said to have been friends with the perpetrators, and that they wrote about on warm tone - as if they have a crush on had them. The girl who wrote about Eric Katie Thompson and the girl who wrote about Dylan Marla Foust.

Maybe Dylan and Marla knew each other from the Trenchcoat Mafia, or through Devon Adams. In the Columbine yearbook of 1999, a commission of Devon to some friends, including Dylan and Marla. Dylan can have asked her for the prom. In his unsent letter to the Girl in early April '99 he says he called her - in vain, "you probably slept. Maybe he called her again later, and when requested.
He says nothing about it in his diary. And nothing about that 'weekend for the prom' in which he, Marla and Zack would have done something together. "Was with Zack and Dylan the weekend before prom," says in Marla's statement. What, how, where, who would you like to call interrogator.

Anyway: Marla had thoughts about Dylan.

Who 'Marla Foust' searching Internet will see a movie star-like beautiful young woman - in bikini, evening dresses, lingerie; on gay parties, with celebrities, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Venice, posing with Ferraris and Lamborghinis. She lives alternately in Washington DC , Baltimore and New York, her hobbies are rock climbing and her Suzuki GSX - R 750 motorcycle (she also runs races) and she is now blonde - but it is her; you recognize her from that picture in the yearbook, and stand on her profile references to Colorado and Columbine High School.

She is a model, fashion model, commercial actress, pin-up, cover girl. She is 1.73 meters long, weighs 58 pounds, and her measurements are 86-66-91. "I am reliable, easy to work with and willing to travel! *** NO nude photos , thank you *** "She's! Model of the Month been Post Time USA Magazine , and has advertised for Armani jewelry, Titan cigars and Christiania vodka - "The world's smoothest vodka '.

Then he falls in love - and his philosophy is complete. There is also now a reward in death. On November 3, '97, year and a half before the shooting, in the note in which Marla Foust first shows up, he writes: 'I want to die and be free with my love. " That trinity, death-freedom-love, is then fixed his theme. Sometimes he calls "happiness" instead of "freedom"; sometimes he calls them both. Soon he will be using the word 'halcyon'; he wants to unite with the girl in 'everything, the halcyon, happiness' - death. He keeps repeating until the end.

Before Marla has Dylan once or twice required to cuddle, but when she is once the halcyon-girl, he's never there, let alone sex. A highly once he sees her as an ordinary girl; his zombie side calling her shortly before the shooting even, perhaps to ask her to the prom.

You wonder how he saw those halcyon. Perhaps as believers see the sky. His thought is almost that of Cassie Bernall, who was not afraid of death, because then they would be just very happy, "in the arms of Jesus." For Dylan's life on earth a preparation for what comes next - 'The humanity was a test, "as he wrote a few days before the shooting. And as for Cassie goes without saying that they will be with Jesus, it goes without saying that Dylan if he is dead, he will be united in the halcyon with a higher representation of Marla.

About the desirability or possibility of her death, he says nothing, though they belonged to the record that he hoped to settle at Columbine. He warned her to stay away. What would he have done if he had met her during the shooting? Have taken her away? Probably not - he would "never force anything," he wrote. By the way, they met. In any case, she saw him, when she fled her math class.

But she did not recognize him.

In that note of 3 November '97 is not only the first question of the Trinity death-freedom-love and Marla, but also of mass murder. That he wanted a gun Dylan had written before, but that was suicide. Now he will "go on my killing spree against anyone I want."

Where he killing spree has come clearly in February '98, if given a name: "Soon ... or I kill myself, or I go along with NN and it NBK for us. My happiness, her happiness. NOTHING else is doing it. '

It is the killing spree of Natural Born Killers, and the smooth transition from NN to NBK to 'my happiness, her happiness "makes clear that Dylan dreams along with Marla to be a murderous love couple, like Mickey and Mallory in the film. He hardly knows her does not matter. The NBK is no plan - it is a daydream, designed by the film.

But Dylan, to the halcyon and achieve eternal happiness with Marla, only self has to die - what holds him back? So it is difficult not suicide. In September '97 he calls someone who can give him a gun, but six months later he still has not. The trip to the halcyon is never done - and it is increasingly clear that he will not come by itself.

I'm stuck in humanity. Perhaps going NBK (gawd) with Eric is the way to make me free. I hate this.

That (gawd) indicates horror that it should be so - after all, he had dreamed of NBK with her. It's almost as if he recoils sure to spell that NBK , created in his dreams about Marla, associated with Eric Harris to use - if it is sacrilege to go with him such intimate things as murder together and die together. Eric is or, without knowing it, trying to arrange the halcyon trip for him, but that trip he himself is an unwelcome companion.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:27 pm

F

Fantastic writing, sorority alpha. Thank you.

sororityalpha wrote:
From a rough google translation of We are but we aren't psycho:

pg 026401 [Dylan's Journal] : I lost my feelings ... as in the song Hurt. NIN. People eventually reach happiness. I will never be that. Does that make me a non-human? YES. The god of sadness ... --- church was so much fun ... the thing w rec. mara ...

You could almost read over, but amid all the misery god reports of sadness that he has something nice polite. But what does a god of sadness in a church? And what is a "rec" thing? And how come there just uncensored 'mara' state? All the names in his diary, except Eric, have black censorship bars, but here the censor may have not been that it was a name, nor seen Dylan first 'marla' wrote. He croaked through - but it's still readable. Probably he meant his schoolmate Marla Foust.

pg 026426: Then there is an acrostic on the name of the girl, made by the censor to riddle. I should have let it untranslated. Puzzle you must include:

- Is for the --- joy she gives me
- Is for how she --- me helpless with her beautiful gaze
- Is for the moments she shares --- w. me
- Is for the --- love that I've been looking for all my life
- Is the --- of us as a couple
- How --- I hope to spend time with her
- How she is the --- one I love, that I have ever loved
- Is for the --- where we can look at the stars
- How --- beautiful she is
- Her --- for everything she does

Even with knowledge of the solution this is by Dylan's bizarre language not so easy to solve. Probably it should be:

Moments of - Always leaves - Rare - Lost & - Aspect - Fondly - Only - Universe - Supremely - Taste; Marla Foust so. The only two entirely certain letters, the O on the seventh and eighth place, you make other solutions actually been impossible.

Dylan's fondness for the number 5 is expressed in many ways: the board with a 5 often along his Lost Highways State; figures resembling 5 submachine guns; the fifth dimension, which he would later say that he lives in it. Maybe it has to do with Marla.

Eric is more often found by fangirls sexy than Dylan. But Dylan had a secret admirer who that Eric into insignificance. Namely the possibility exists that the girl of his dreams halcyon also dreamed of him. Then she would Marla Foust should have been, and that is likely.

In August '97 Dylan according to his diary for the first time in love, but then there is confusion - he was mistaken; he was deceived by a false love; there is a girl who he thinks "hold deeper than ever." Censorship beams make it difficult to follow that because they cover not only their absolute identity, but also their relative identity - from beam to beam may involve another girl.

And while Dylan sometimes do not know exactly who he is actually, or more on the idea of love seems to write than a certain girl.

On 3 November '97 he calls holds four girls whom he might, but note that there is also by the censor overlooked marla / mara, with whom he has something fun (the enigmatic 'rec thing' in a church) has experienced.

Then there is enough ambiguity and doubt, but no indication that this love ceases. That remains to be love acrostic beginning of '99 whose "Marla Foust 'is the solution. Even after changing his love - Marla was the girl with whom Dylan to the halcyon wanted.

Marla Foust was a year younger than Dylan; a yearbook photo shows a handsome dark-haired girl with a cheerful smile. In the police file, they will be a few times; according to her own statement she heard in the school year 1997-'98 with the Trenchcoat Mafia. She often wore a black trench coat, black beret and sunglasses. Its dealings with the TCM was limited to school. At lunchtime they did card games and they talked about swords and knives, but she had never seen anyone in the group with a sword. Drugs were not used. The other TCM -ers did go even drink, somewhere in the mountains, but they did not go.

She knew Dylan. He had her, she says, asked this year for the prom - she had already agreed with someone else, otherwise she said yes. On the weekend before the prom, she had "done something with Dylan and Zack. Nothing was said about what was going to happen on 20 April.

When the shooting started, she had mathematics. She heard shots and the whole class had to go. When run away through a corridor they had glanced at the end of the shoot, and a boy in a black trenchcoat seen with a weapon. She thought it was X (a censored name), but later had classmates told her that she was mistaken; it was Dylan.

A few weeks later the teacher of that class had her students write an essay about the shooting. Two stories jumped out, she thought, of girls said to have been friends with the perpetrators, and that they wrote about on warm tone - as if they have a crush on had them. The girl who wrote about Eric Katie Thompson and the girl who wrote about Dylan Marla Foust.

Maybe Dylan and Marla knew each other from the Trenchcoat Mafia, or through Devon Adams. In the Columbine yearbook of 1999, a commission of Devon to some friends, including Dylan and Marla. Dylan can have asked her for the prom. In his unsent letter to the Girl in early April '99 he says he called her - in vain, "you probably slept. Maybe he called her again later, and when requested.
He says nothing about it in his diary. And nothing about that 'weekend for the prom' in which he, Marla and Zack would have done something together. "Was with Zack and Dylan the weekend before prom," says in Marla's statement. What, how, where, who would you like to call interrogator.

Anyway: Marla had thoughts about Dylan.

Who 'Marla Foust' searching Internet will see a movie star-like beautiful young woman - in bikini, evening dresses, lingerie; on gay parties, with celebrities, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Venice, posing with Ferraris and Lamborghinis. She lives alternately in Washington DC , Baltimore and New York, her hobbies are rock climbing and her Suzuki GSX - R 750 motorcycle (she also runs races) and she is now blonde - but it is her; you recognize her from that picture in the yearbook, and stand on her profile references to Colorado and Columbine High School.

She is a model, fashion model, commercial actress, pin-up, cover girl. She is 1.73 meters long, weighs 58 pounds, and her measurements are 86-66-91. "I am reliable, easy to work with and willing to travel! *** NO nude photos , thank you *** "She's! Model of the Month been Post Time USA Magazine , and has advertised for Armani jewelry, Titan cigars and Christiania vodka - "The world's smoothest vodka '.

Then he falls in love - and his philosophy is complete. There is also now a reward in death. On November 3, '97, year and a half before the shooting, in the note in which Marla Foust first shows up, he writes: 'I want to die and be free with my love. " That trinity, death-freedom-love, is then fixed his theme. Sometimes he calls "happiness" instead of "freedom"; sometimes he calls them both. Soon he will be using the word 'halcyon'; he wants to unite with the girl in 'everything, the halcyon, happiness' - death. He keeps repeating until the end.

Before Marla has Dylan once or twice required to cuddle, but when she is once the halcyon-girl, he's never there, let alone sex. A highly once he sees her as an ordinary girl; his zombie side calling her shortly before the shooting even, perhaps to ask her to the prom.

You wonder how he saw those halcyon. Perhaps as believers see the sky. His thought is almost that of Cassie Bernall, who was not afraid of death, because then they would be just very happy, "in the arms of Jesus." For Dylan's life on earth a preparation for what comes next - 'The humanity was a test, "as he wrote a few days before the shooting. And as for Cassie goes without saying that they will be with Jesus, it goes without saying that Dylan if he is dead, he will be united in the halcyon with a higher representation of Marla.

About the desirability or possibility of her death, he says nothing, though they belonged to the record that he hoped to settle at Columbine. He warned her to stay away. What would he have done if he had met her during the shooting? Have taken her away? Probably not - he would "never force anything," he wrote. By the way, they met. In any case, she saw him, when she fled her math class.

But she did not recognize him.

In that note of 3 November '97 is not only the first question of the Trinity death-freedom-love and Marla, but also of mass murder. That he wanted a gun Dylan had written before, but that was suicide. Now he will "go on my killing spree against anyone I want."

Where he killing spree has come clearly in February '98, if given a name: "Soon ... or I kill myself, or I go along with NN and it NBK for us. My happiness, her happiness. NOTHING else is doing it. '

It is the killing spree of Natural Born Killers, and the smooth transition from NN to NBK to 'my happiness, her happiness "makes clear that Dylan dreams along with Marla to be a murderous love couple, like Mickey and Mallory in the film. He hardly knows her does not matter. The NBK is no plan - it is a daydream, designed by the film.

But Dylan, to the halcyon and achieve eternal happiness with Marla, only self has to die - what holds him back? So it is difficult not suicide. In September '97 he calls someone who can give him a gun, but six months later he still has not. The trip to the halcyon is never done - and it is increasingly clear that he will not come by itself.

I'm stuck in humanity. Perhaps going NBK (gawd) with Eric is the way to make me free. I hate this.

That (gawd) indicates horror that it should be so - after all, he had dreamed of NBK with her. It's almost as if he recoils sure to spell that NBK , created in his dreams about Marla, associated with Eric Harris to use - if it is sacrilege to go with him such intimate things as murder together and die together. Eric is or, without knowing it, trying to arrange the halcyon trip for him, but that trip he himself is an unwelcome companion.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119033
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:52 am

MegaloX wrote:
Btw, is it common for juniors to share classes with freshman in the US?

Electives such as Creative Writing, Drama, language classes, Food classes, Band/music classes, yes it is normal for all different grades 9-12 to be in the same classes with each other. Regular courses such as English, History, Science, Math, etc, no, you would only be in classes with students in your own grade. Unless (for example) you have a student who is in 10th grade but failed 9th grade English, then yes, a 10th grader could be in a 9th grade class.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:30 am

Dico wrote:
^I've had a few classes through out high school that I shared with students in other grades before.

Jenn wrote:
Electives such as Creative Writing, Drama, language classes, Food classes, Band/music classes, yes it is normal for all different grades 9-12 to be in the same classes with each other. Regular courses such as English, History, Science, Math, etc, no, you would only be in classes with students in your own grade. Unless (for example) you have a student who is in 10th grade but failed 9th grade English, then yes, a 10th grader could be in a 9th grade class.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:25 am

Thanks for all the info. The big question that, as usual, remains to be asked:  is all of Dylan's writing aimed at one particular girl, or were there many of these?

lol wrote:
Rec. thing with Marla"

Any native enlish speakers could comment what would "Rec." stand for here in this context? Recreation? Recording?

Last edited by Sabratha on Mon May 04, 2015 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Thanks for all the info. The big question that, as usual, remains to be asked:  is all o Dylan's writing aimed at one particular irl, or were there many of these?

lol wrote:
Rec. thing with Marla"

Any native enlish speakers could comment what would "Rec." stand for here in this context? Recreation? Recording?

Good question, the way I understand it, it could be "recording" but it could also mean (more likely) that they met or hung out at a rec(reation) center. I remember as a kid, I myself used to hang out at a local "rec center" where kids could mingle, play chess/checkers, basketball, and the like.

As someone with a Master's degree in English, but no knowledge of Dutch, I would love to work with someone on an appropriate English-language version of "We Are But We Aren't Psycho"-- maybe SororityAlpha lol!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85891

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:05 pm

"mara" replaces a word that's scratched, that seems a bit longer and to start with 'm' as well.

I have a really hard time accepting that he'd ever misspell "Marla". Especially since he's evidently willing to scratch as needed in this diary. Plus, two months later, there's an entry that he's now in love with another, new girl.

Page 026401 of this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85891

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:19 pm

On a related note... Who's the girl who wished Dylan happy b-day on pages 026509 and 026510?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.   Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan, love, death and the cafeteria.
Page 1 of 1