Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Empty
PostSubject: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 6:12 am

I was taller and had long hair, and a big nose; my buddy was shorter, had pointy features. I was from a family of engineers, my friend was a 'military brat' - his dad was in the army atm, and his mom was stay at home army wife. I was spiritual and believed in some supernatural forces, my friend had been strongly atheist since freshman year. My friend had been more social, and was getting better grades than me. I was shy, had not many more friends, and was succeeding less at my studying. We played DOOM and Counter-Strike so much. Yet we didn't shoot up our school, go figure. Smile
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Were you guys bullied and ostracized much?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:27 am

I would say I was, my friend not so much.
He was (still is) a very sporty guy, played soccer in school, even broke his arm once during the match, he was friends with most of the sportive kids, whom you could call 'jocks', but I mean they were not bullies, at least I remember them as being kindhearted, fun, lively, sometimes wild kids. They were just in their own world, with their own interests - talking about soccer matches and championship charts, the soccer team... I mean they weren't your classic 'jocks', though the 90's jock culture did touch their interests and behavior, I could see that. But I mean it was the behavior model in the 90's - DUUUUUUDE let's get XTREME NARLY!!! etc etc

Though somehow I felt like my friend was never fully accepted in that circle because of his shortness, he was a really small guy, but very agile, and strong - he could do the most pull-ups on the bars than anyone else in the gym class.

Would he'd been born a bit bigger he'd been with those kids more closely I think. Plus he was a real computer aficionado, not a geek, but he knew more about computer than anyone in class.
Yet I can't say that he had been as appreciated in class as he should have been for his amazing skills and personal qualities.

He ended up drifting apart from the "jocks" kids, having more interest in the Internet, sciense fiction, fantasy literature and heavy metal music. When I started growing my hair in 9th grade, my friend followed to an extent. He never let his mop reach his shoulders, but there was a period of long hair with us both.

I had suicidal thoughts throughout most of my school life. When we were older, graduating from collage (btw we also ended up in the same politech), I had confessed these thoughts to him, and my friend had expressed a strong disapproval of the idea of suicide due to his atheistic beliefs, for he had always seen life as one time experience and thought of ending it as basically crazy.

I had also had homicidal thoughts as I recall now. These I expressed in school, to my class peers, but usually laid them down casually, joke-like, like "hah, imagine mauling down all these freshmen with a machine gun" and so on. I had fantasies of setting explosives under the principal's desk in her office and triggering them to her chair, so that when she came to work, and sat on in, she would be blown up.

I had once confessed to the school psychologist that I sometimes have dreams of chasing girls from my class with a machete, and then stabbing them (what I was trying to really confess were homicidal fantasies). She said nothing specific in return.

I used to take a hunting knife with me to school, keeping it in my backpack. I don't know what I was planning to do with it, I mostly had it cause knives are cool, but... I'm not sure.  Sometimes I've had a piano string with me in my pocket, and a pair of gloves.

At one occasion I brought a vintage straight razor with me, and pressed it to a girl's neck in one dramatic move from behind, like when a killer takes someone hostage in a movie - somewhat like in that short video, where Eric Harris pretends to strangle a girl from behind with some sort of black rope (sorry, can't find it, it's usually can be found on YouTube among the other videos shot by the boys, just search "eric and dylan raw footage"). And I managed to pass even that creepy behavior as a joke - at that point everyone in class had associated me with this sort of thing!

I remember once playing a very cruel joke on a guy from the class - I pricked him with a medical syringe and said I found it in the dumpster. The guy was almost in shock, so I quickly explained it was a prank and assured him the syringe was sterile... but still, today I reflect on it, and it was a very cruel thing to do!

No one seemed to notice.

Today I think that would I have met a more aggressive, more psychopathic kid in my school, I might have ended up like Dylan Klebold, dead or in jail for life. Thank god my friend resembled Eric only in appearance.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83589
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Yeah looking back I see a lot of E and D spread out across my group of friends. There wasnt just two of us, but we all fit the angry and depressed build. Hell we were practically the Trench Coat mafia without the coats haha. That's what interests me so much about the case. E and D were so painfully normal, and yet they were as diffrent from us all as can be.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:32 pm

There are a few of us here who at some point in school had started down the road E &D followed or at least heavily thought about it. Most of us who fit into this category also had a good friend who was in the same boat and who shared the same feelings and desire we did.
There are various reasons why we didn't end up going through with it, but many of us here relate to E &D on a very personal level.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119158
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Similar to what PaintItBlack said, I think a lot of people get interested in Columbine because they see themselves similar to Dylan and Eric. On the outside Dylan and Eric seemed/acted just like every other high school kid. I think it may be what sparks a lot of interest; how can these 2 kids who seemed very similar to myself and/or my friends end up doing what they did?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan   Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and my school buddy were so much like Eric and Dylan
Page 1 of 1