Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?

Go down 
+2
Lizpuff
shades
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:03 am

Is it true that the boys had (and through witness reports) driven to certain places and hastily left?
The two significant accounts were during morning before heading to school they had went to both BlackJack and the AMF Bowling Alley. These had led to both the confusing reports where firstly, one of their BJ employees stated having seen Dylan pull up at the parking lot and said the police told him something like they may have wanted to attack the workplace, basically scaring the manager and the employee, leading them to believe things that might not be true. I believe there was even a recorded phone call done by Jason Secor talking about this incident. The second would be the bowling alley, where a chick (I forgot her name) said she saw them outside of the alley and even said hi to them but they never actually went to class that morning.
If it's true, why had they done that? Do you think it's their last rounds of visiting places most memorable to them sort of like a farewell ride between the two? Did they want to show up and meet certain people perhaps? Perhaps they had to stall and kill time as they had alot to spare according to their planning. I know that they wouldn't plan attacking their workplace or their bowling class only to jeopardise their main mission at school however, them making these rounds were quite a grey area. Thoughts?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 8:35 am

There were reports of them at the Blackjack Pizza shop, at bowling, and even at school. People stated they saw Dylan in the commons or Eric in Creative writing...

There was a report from a girl who stated they shot at her when we clearly have evidence that they did not and were not there at the time.

I think some of it is false. People saw them at bowling on the 20...oh wait no it was really the 19.... The employee from Blackjack is the one who saw Dylan in the hawaiian shirt. I think I posted his testimony in the 11k section here.

I do think they were running around town that morning but I do not think they really were trying to look at places for memories....I think they were still preparing. Buying gas and propane, checking the Wadsworth bomb, perhaps checking things out at school...but I think for the most part they were not fully ready and spent most of the morning putting together the bombs. Then driving to the school

Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 74180
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't think they went there (their workplace) to share a nostalgic moment nor did they want to blow up the place. I think it was just their meet up spot.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
There were reports of them at the Blackjack Pizza shop, at bowling, and even at school. People stated they saw Dylan in the commons or Eric in Creative writing...

There was a report from a girl who stated they shot at her when we clearly have evidence that they did not and were not there at the time.

I think some of it is false. People saw them at bowling on the 20...oh wait no it was really the 19.... The employee from Blackjack is the one who saw Dylan in the hawaiian shirt. I think I posted his testimony in the 11k section here.

I do think they were running around town that morning but I do not think they really were trying to look at places for memories....I think they were still preparing. Buying gas and propane, checking the Wadsworth bomb, perhaps checking things out at school...but I think for the most part they were not fully ready and spent most of the morning putting together the bombs. Then driving to the school

So it's a combination of some people's imagination thinking they saw the boys...which I won't be surprised. They were somehow at various places at one go huh! So the bowling alley visit was on the 19th not 20?

I do agree that the rounds before the attack were for preparation cause they were really lagging at it on that day and yes, they still had to make the propane purchases. Dylan did write "chill" during the planning meaning they had time to kill so I was wondering if it's this period where they stalled around town.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Vii wrote:
I don't think they went there (their workplace) to share a nostalgic moment nor did they want to blow up the place. I think it was just their meet up spot.
Hmm...I think I may have read this. Any reports? I thought meet up was at eric's place or the school? Damn the boys were messy.

Vii

Contribution Points : 74180

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:55 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
Vii wrote:
Hmm...I think I may have read this. Any reports? I thought meet up was at eric's place or the school?
I've also read about Eric's house and the school parking lot. Nothing is for sure since there's no footage of them meeting up and we can only base it on people's reports. I think it's in the 11k where McEwen(?) said that they were seen near their workplace before 11:00 AM that day. It's my pure assumption that it was their meet up spot, nothing other would make sense to me.

liquorvamp wrote:
Damn the boys were messy.
Right? There's a lot of questions about that morning, I still haven't figured the exact timeline of their actions up until 11:19. It had to be such a chaotic morning from the start.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:28 am

I've always wondered if they went to shoot their guns off before the attack. I dont mean to sound too morbid here, but if I was planning a massacre as my "life's work" I'd for sure want my trigger finger ready. They had hours to kill that morning and I'm sure most of it was spent practicing their gear ups and psyching each other up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went up to Rampart and fired off a clip or blew up a pipe bomb to get in the mood. I've always found it fascinating how shooters can go into these massacres in a "cold open" manner. Anyone whos fired a gun knows it can take a few shots (or even a few clips) before you get into the zone.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:57 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
I've always wondered if they went to shoot their guns off before the attack. I dont mean to sound too morbid here, but if I was planning a massacre as my "life's work" I'd for sure want my trigger finger ready. They had hours to kill that morning and I'm sure most of it was spent practicing their gear ups and psyching each other up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went up to Rampart and fired off a clip or blew up a pipe bomb to get in the mood. I've always found it fascinating how shooters can go into these massacres in a "cold open" manner. Anyone whos fired a gun knows it can take a few shots (or even a few clips) before you get into the zone.
True true. No surprise if they did, of course in this case we would never know if they did. That period before heading to school remains a mystery, but yet there's all these different reports of people having saw them at places. Which is both weird and unclear.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 am

They had in the notes "meet at KS". Some speculate that was King Soopers. Perhaps they changed it to the bowling alley or another location

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

But overall, you guys don't think the boys were making last drive-by's to places they were familiar with?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:57 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
But overall, you guys don't think the boys were making last drive-by's to places they were familiar with?

IMO no.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 3:55 am

liquorvamp wrote:

I don't think Dylan would have cared to do one last tour of Littleton. That kid woke up on 4/20 ready to die. I imagine Dylan cruised around, blasted some music, and counted down the minutes to NBK.

On the other hand though I could see Eric getting a tad sentimental. We know the thought of Michigan and the friends that lived there struck a nerve. I could see Eric soaking it all up one last time as he drove through town.

All that said I'm certain that wasnt their goal on the morning of NBK. Keep in mind they had cars full of guns/bombs and they intended on practicing their "in-car gear-ups". Its entirely possible that they drove to multiple spots to practice so they didnt draw too much attention by staying in one spot. A teenager whos skipping school and camped in their car somewhere could draw unwanted attention. A single phone call from a concerned citizen could have brought the hammer down before they even reached the school.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 4:31 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
I don't think Dylan would have cared to do one last tour of Littleton. That kid woke up on 4/20 ready to die. I imagine Dylan cruised around, blasted some music, and counted down the minutes to NBK.

On the other hand though I could see Eric getting a tad sentimental. We know the thought of Michigan and the friends that lived there struck a nerve. I could see Eric soaking it all up one last time as he drove through town.

All that said I'm certain that wasnt their goal on the morning of NBK. Keep in mind they had cars full of guns/bombs and they intended on practicing their "in-car gear-ups". Its entirely possible that they drove to multiple spots to practice so they didnt draw too much attention by staying in one spot. A teenager whos skipping school and camped in their car somewhere could draw unwanted attention. A single phone call from a concerned citizen could have brought the hammer down before they even reached the school.

ah okay okay.....of course. Sigh, the part about Eric gutted me though, cause I too feel the same way that he could've gotten a little sentimental. That image put in my mind of him soaking the town in one last time choked me up. It's an unpopular empathy, because later on that day he's gonna kill people, but if I gave a quick thought through his perspective, it must've sucked. If I were in his shoes and drove by places I know I'd give myself a huge sigh and swallow my need to tear up a little.

But to tie with your last paragraph I'm inclined to believe for that morning that the both of them had to pre-game for the attack, get in the mood and all that as you said, not staying in one spot, to practise. So I agree.

jp2892

Contribution Points : 72360

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 6:33 am

This is one of the two periods of time I wonder about the most.
What did they do from the moment Dylan's mom heard him say "bye" till the moment they started shooting?
The other period of time that I wonder about often is their "quiet period." After the library murders, and before they committed suicide. Aside from attempting to detonate the bombs in the cafeteria, what did they do? Who did they see? What did they say to each other?
It's almost upsetting to me that I'll never truly know the answers to all these questions.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 am

jp2892 wrote:
This is one of the two periods of time I wonder about the most.
What did they do from the moment Dylan's mom heard him say "bye" till the moment they started shooting?
The other period of time that I wonder about often is their "quiet period." After the library murders, and before they committed suicide. Aside from attempting to detonate the bombs in the cafeteria, what did they do? Who did they see? What did they say to each other?
It's almost upsetting to me that I'll never truly know the answers to all these questions.

I have read about their "quiet period" too. Thank you for bringing it up, it totally slipped my mind. Might still be up for speculation but I would love if there's a timeline for that period only so we'd know how long that period lasts, inclusive of the cafeteria activities caught on tape. I gotta go dig up this thread, pretty sure I saw it somewhere.
Maybe it went down like the reenactment in Zero Hour or Elephant, where they just idled around the school shooting at nothing and not saying a word.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:46 am

According to timelines...which I can post if you guys want...but they walked to the cafe (which you can see on tape), then to the office and shot around there, then they went back to the cafe and then to the library. We will never know what was said but some students report hearing them talking about dying and hooting and hollering still.

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
According to timelines...which I can post if you guys want...but they walked to the cafe (which you can see on tape), then to the office and shot around there, then they went back to the cafe and then to the library. We will never know what was said but some students report hearing them talking about dying and hooting and hollering still.
Please do! study

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am

I am gonna leave the link here. I thought about screenshotting but it is a very large area. Here is the "official time line"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There is a lot of info in here that breaks down things that were happening at diff times.

jp2892

jp2892

Contribution Points : 72360

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I am gonna leave the link here.  I thought about screenshotting but it is a very large area.  Here is the "official time line"
There is a lot of info in here that breaks down things that were happening at diff times.

This is a wonderful resource. So much detail! Thanks for posting it!
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
New postSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Yesterday at 8:31 pm Thank you Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote
I am gonna leave the link here. I thought about screenshotting but it is a very large area. Here is the "official time line"
thank you babygirl!
So I won't deny I teared up abit reading the timeline.

I notice the boys have done alot of idling of not shooting anybody across hallways even BEFORE they entered the library. What's up with that? Did they still think the bombs would somehow go off here so they had to stall for abit?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Quote :
11:36 – 11:44 a.m.         Diagram: of movements in the science area

·         From the library Harris and Klebold go into the hallway and make their way to the science area.  Witnesses describe the two as looking through the windows of some of the classrooms’ locked doors, making eye contact with some of the students, yet not attempting to break into the rooms or harm any more students.

·         A teacher sees Klebold and Harris in the science hallway, stopping in front of the chemical storage room just east of Science Room 3 where she is hiding.

·         Several students witness the suspects shooting into empty rooms.  Klebold and Harris also tape an explosive device on the storage room door next to the area where teacher Dave Sanders and several students are hiding. Witnesses say the gunmen do not appear to be overly intent on gaining access to any of the rooms. The gunmen easily could have shot the locks on the doors or through the windows into the classrooms, but they do not.  Their behavior now seems directionless.

See, now, this is new and weird to me.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Well, pretty much their quiet period is a bunch of attempts at the bomb and aimless shooting. It was so hard for me to reach the part where they finally take their own lives, soaking in the fact that their main goal of having bombs go off and all their time spent on it, FAILED.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Gosh are the 911 calls from 11:33 onwards intense or what. Gotta give the dispatches their kudos.

Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:42 am

liquorvamp wrote:
Well, pretty much their quiet period is a bunch of attempts at the bomb and aimless shooting. It was so hard for me to reach the part where they finally take their own lives, soaking in the fact that their main goal of having bombs go off and all their time spent on it, FAILED.

Its almost as if they were purposefully wasting their ammo at that point. They knew the cops weren't making much effort to come in after them. They'd obviously had their fill of face-to-face killing as well. I think the "quiet time" belonged more to Eric personally. He wanted those bombs to blow before he died, even if it only destroyed the cafeteria without taking anymore lives. I have to imagine that Dylan was more than ready to shoot himself by that point. If anything his roaming the halls was just a courtesy to his friend that helped make NBK possible. I truly do believe Dylan was the "puppet master" so to speak, but he respected Eric enough to stick with him all the way up until he accepted the bombs were duds.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
Its almost as if they were purposefully wasting their ammo at that point. They knew the cops weren't making much effort to come in after them. They'd obviously had their fill of face-to-face killing as well. I think the "quiet time" belonged more to Eric personally. He wanted those bombs to blow before he died, even if it only destroyed the cafeteria without taking anymore lives. I have to imagine that Dylan was more than ready to shoot himself by that point. If anything his roaming the halls was just a courtesy to his friend that helped make NBK possible. I truly do believe Dylan was the "puppet master" so to speak, but he respected Eric enough to stick with him all the way up until he accepted the bombs were duds.
Wow, this is so well put Nirvana. I'm in awe. Something so horrid can be so bittersweet when it came to the two.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:56 am

They tried to get into some science rooms and shot into one. Another Dylan threw a pipe bomb in. Then they turned on the gas and tried to cause an explosion.

slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:45 am

Lizpuff wrote:
They tried to get into some science rooms and shot into one.  Another Dylan threw a pipe bomb in.  Then they turned on the gas and tried to cause an explosion.  

Lizzpuff I see you on youtube videos dropping columbine knowledge in the comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:36 am

slippy123 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
They tried to get into some science rooms and shot into one.  Another Dylan threw a pipe bomb in.  Then they turned on the gas and tried to cause an explosion.  

Lizzpuff I see you on youtube videos dropping columbine knowledge in the comments Very Happy

LMAO. I make my own rounds I suppose! I see CVA has showed up! I did send him a link to this board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?   Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric & Dylan Make Rounds Before The School Attack?
Page 1 of 1