Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sandy Hook motives

Go down 
+7
bubbles
sororityalpha
Violenta
James411
LPorter101
Sabratha
eli27
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
goodusername4u

Contribution Points : 59621
Forum Reputation : 0

Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook motives   Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 pm

I feel like something that is very important is what is brought up in the Connecticut documents, in Lanza's emails, about how according him when talking to someone else interested in Mass murderers, he would be happy and excited whenever a new mass shooting occurred, and in between new events, he would be depressed. Adam says, only a few days before he went off to shoot up Sandy Hook, that he was only happy for two hours when he heard about Virginia Tech. I could see it like this: He wasn't happy, and thus, wanted to make himself happy, so he went on the massacre he did. Like it was leading up to the point where he felt he couldn't be happy until he did it himself.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70939
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook motives   Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:
I have a difficult time with Sandy Hook. Of all the mass shooters, he's up there as one that terrifies me. His behavior, his mom mollycoddling his every whim and his overall persona is creepy and disturbing. He shoots his mother in cold blood in her sleep and proceeds to slaughter little children. After reading the report of the officer pulling the bodies from the pile, I can't feel anything but visceral disgust for Lanza. Sorry.

What report is this ?

I've heavily researched most other mass shootings, bombings and major tragedies, and most you can make some sort of sense from what the killers leave behind. I'm not condoning what any of them have done, I'm simply saying they had a reason, however distorted, that makes sense if you study the event and person.

Lanza left nothing behind, besides his odd computer files and postings on online forums that don't include even a hint at what he was preparing to do. I shy away from this topic because it's, to me, one of the most disturbing.

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73219
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook motives   Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm

I believe the above poster is referring to this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

Contribution Points : 57322
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook motives   Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 3:52 pm

I have been trying to figure out the few redacted words in the middle of that report. For the words to be redacted, they must have been disturbing to the average reader.
"Were decapitated"?
" were badly disfigured"?
"Simply fell apart"?

I would imagine it's something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook motives   Sandy Hook motives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandy Hook motives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2