Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The whole"multiple shooters"

Go down 
+6
Wideawake
Nirvana92
Jenn
Fatheroftwo
Sabratha
lol
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

The whole"multiple shooters" Empty
PostSubject: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Was it ever explained why over 100 witnesses stated they saw other killers who werent Eric and Dylan? I know some of the confusion was because Eric and Dylan took off their trench coats

But what about Robert Perry? So many stated it was Robert. They saw a killer with real bad acne that Robert was known for. Dylan and Eric had clear skin
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Robert Perry? I thought its because a lot of people knew how much he hated CHS and how much beef he had with the CHS administration.
Perry was afaik also tall and had long hair, used to dress black and oacassionally with a trenchcoat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think a lot of ppeople seen Dylan (who was much less widely known than Perry and not associated with anger against the school) and just thought: That must be Perry!

Im still personally more puzzled how come some guy stated he seen a shooter in a green shirt with a gun. I don't remember the page, but its in the 11k.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 5:28 pm

The green shirt shooter, and how over 100 witnesses saw people who weren't Eric and Dylan. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 5:41 pm

As I said: mistaken identity is easy, lots of people can do it if they knew Dylan and Perry just in passing.

Mistaken shirt color? I could underatnd mnistaking red for violet or orange, or rememebring it wrong becaus eof this. But green for black or white?

My best bet is that the guy saw a real kid in a real green shirt who was holding something he assumed was a gun. But taht's just speculation on my part.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83388
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Not a believer of add'l shooters (ballistics for one), but am very open to the belief others (friends/TCM'ers) were on or near the scene on 4/20 besides E&H.

One of those "holy sh!t they actually did it" moments, but didn't get involved.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:57 pm

I think Dylan was mistaken for Robert Perry. From a distance or if you just get a glimpse, I can see the similarities.

Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83339
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:33 am

You have to take into account the fact that all of the witnesses were more or less in a "battleground" that day. Not many people would take the time to see what color shirt the guy shooting at them is wearing. It isn't hard to imagine someone looking in the direction of the shooters and getting a random kid mixed up with them during all the commotion. Eric also took his coat off before coming inside which confused some people too. After countless hours of pouring through all the evidence I personally don't believe they had any help carrying out NBK that day. I do believe they may have had help creating pipebombs, but that would have been done by un-knowing friends. NBK was all Eric and Dylan's creation. I'm not sure Eric's ego could handle a third one in their group any way.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 4:09 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
You have to take into account the fact that all of the witnesses were more or less in a "battleground" that day. Not many people would take the time to see what color shirt the guy shooting at them is wearing. It isn't hard to imagine someone looking in the direction of the shooters and getting a random kid mixed up with them during all the commotion. Eric also took his coat off before coming inside which confused some people too. After countless hours of pouring through all the evidence I personally don't believe they had any help carrying out NBK that day. I do believe they may have had help creating pipebombs, but that would have been done by un-knowing friends. NBK was all Eric and Dylan's creation. I'm not sure Eric's ego could handle a third one in their group any way.

I don't believe the 3rd shooter idea one bit.

However I just pointed out that the "green shirt" must be a regular kid mistaken for a shooter, which is a pretty big error even as far as "traumatic events qitness" is concerned.

Just goes to show you how mixed up some of these witnesses were.

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101926

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I have seen some convincing evidence FOR the third shooter theory, and some convincing evidence AGAINST it. I do not believe there was a third shooter, although I am open-minded about it. However, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says, it would be very easy for others to be on the scene, possibly after helping with preparations, never thinking that they would go through with it.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82415
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 pm

I love a good conspiracy theory but there's simply not a shred of evidence for multiple shooters during the Columbine attack. There were probably others involved on the periphery of planning and making pipe-bombs but no other shooters.

Back to top Go down
nama3faux

nama3faux

Contribution Points : 15388
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 12:29 pm

its more telling none of you are willing to entertain the idea, so ill leave it.
Back to top Go down
Triggerhippie86

Contribution Points : 22450
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 11:14 am

I think a fair number of students misidentified Klebold as Robert Perry which led to some of the third shooter theorising. I've always been kinda confused by that as they don't look alike at all, not in my opinion anyway. Robert Perry has very dark - almost black - hair, Dylan's was much lighter. Perry had noticeable severe acne and I can't see a trace on any of Dylan's pictures close to the date of the massacre. I

I'm wondering if they were similar in height and build and maybe dressed similarly for people to confuse them so easily?
Back to top Go down
raggedslx

raggedslx

Contribution Points : 13603

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 12:18 pm

usually in mass shootings, because everything is so disorienting and traumatic for students, they can misremember things and get key events wrong. their testimonies aren't entirely credible because many were in shock and panicking. a lot of school shooting survivors have repressed the memories of the killings completely, so i wouldn't be surprised if some didn't get things right like an imagined third shooter.

a lot of students were also just repeating what they heard from others, think of a game of telephone, which could have resulted in the misreports. of course it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they were familiar with perry's appearance — who usually wore a trenchcoat and baseball hat — and assumed it to be him.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The whole"multiple shooters"   The whole"multiple shooters" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The whole"multiple shooters"
Page 1 of 1