Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.

Go down 
+10
lio45
Sabratha
lol
Draw_It_White
Jenn
LPorter101
Violenta
eli27
paradisedreams
Falco
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86682
Forum Reputation : 70

Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:50 am

Welcome Violenta, interesting you went to Columbine.

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84436
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 am

I'm no moderator or even a top contributor. But i'm so glad you decided to join this forum, Violenta. It's nice to hear from people who attended Columbine, even if you were no longer attending at the time of the shooting. Your prospective of the events is probably a lot different than anyone else's on here

So far, i've found that this site is definitely the least confrontational place to talk about - or even just silently browse topics. Hopefully you'll have the same experience. Smile

Last edited by paradisedreams on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 am

Hi and welcome!

How was your experience at Columbine, did you like the school?

Violenta

Contribution Points : 80362

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks so much to all who've welcomed me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Honestly, it was horrible in 98. To me, it had this huge undercurrent of hostility to anyone who didn't belong. Especially religiously, or clothes for instance. I was tiny, had a few piercings and didn't talk much.

To me, girls were more vicious..but I'm positive that it would've happened soon, if E & D hadn't have done it. It's hard to put into words how many kids actually put off that "air of despair ". I loathed every day I had to walk in there. I know it was worse for guys that weren't "normal". So many kids just tried to blend and disappear, and since that day I've wished I would've at least met them.

During my short time there, even I noticed how violent the Xian kids were to anyone slightly different. So at first I actually bought into some of the religious targeting angles everyone was trying to sell. I've realized that isn't the case of course, but it was the first thing I thought.

I cannot express the amount of shit most kids went through just standing in the hall, or at their locker. It was definitely worse than the inner city schools I had attended before...kinda like psychological warfare.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello, and welcome to the board.

Do you remember anything about Rocky Hoffschneider, and/or any of the top jocks at the school?

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:24 am

Violenta wrote:
Thanks so much to all who've welcomed me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Honestly, it was horrible in 98. To me, it had this huge undercurrent of hostility to anyone who didn't belong. Especially religiously, or clothes for instance. I was tiny, had a few piercings and didn't talk much.

To me, girls were more vicious..but I'm positive that it would've happened soon, if E & D hadn't have done it. It's hard to put into words how many kids actually put off that "air of despair ". I loathed every day I had to walk in there. I know it was worse for guys that weren't "normal". So many kids just tried to blend and disappear, and since that day I've wished I would've at least met them.

During my short time there, even I noticed how violent the Xian kids were to anyone slightly different. So at first I actually bought into some of the religious targeting angles everyone was trying to sell. I've realized that isn't the case of course, but it was the first thing I thought.

I cannot express the amount of shit most kids went through just standing in the hall, or at their locker. It was definitely worse than the inner city schools I had attended before...kinda like psychological warfare.

Wow, its great to be able to talk to someone with a real insight into Columbine life. Columbine really sounds like it was a horrific school to be in, which is so sad. I honestly think that if they had not had such a traumatic school experience, E&D would not have carried out NBK.

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:00 am

Hi, and thanks for the welcome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

That's one person I definitely remember. Rocky and this guy named Jay or Jason were ridiculously vulgar to me during my first few weeks. Rocky missed a load of school though, not sure how he ever graduated. All of them were super violent. They'd crowd down a hall together, and actually push/trip kids in full sight of adults. Not just guys. They were pretty handsy with females as well. Pushing, pinching etc. When I first arrived, a few in his group must've thought I'd be "easy" or something, because they'd follow me to my car, ask for my # and loudly talk about sex etc.

I can DEFINITELY understand E & D's hatred towards him. He had no conscience. Absolutely zero. The kids he gravitated towards the most(bullying wise) were skinny, tiny guys. I always thought he was possibly bi/gay, or maybe just sadistic.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was definitely an experience I struggled with for only that short time. I cannot imagine being a guy in that school that didn't fit in 100%. My first thought on 4/20 was that I was surprised more people weren't dead. Then blown away when I saw the victims. The bombs plan wasn't surprising. Most of the school enabled what went on..

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:09 am

Did you know any of the victims?

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:15 am

@falcolous Not personally, no. But I do remember Rachel Scott. She seemed like a decent girl, and hung around a lot of different types of people. Also saw Anne Marie around. I remember Kelly Fleming, she hadn't been there long either..and was quiet like me.

Like I said, I was pretty quiet and definitely not preppy or "normal" in high school. I was pretty antisocial, didn't date etc. My foremost thought was how to scheme my way out of that place, and head back home. I didn't even really try to make friends, but if I'd have made an effort..I most likely would have had similar friends as E & D.

The school population was actually pretty huge. I think that maybe added to assholes getting away with so much. I've thought about it obsessively at times, and wondered if anyone could've made a difference. I know E & D have a massive fanbase now, but most of that is with the benefits of hindsight. And of course their infamy. In reality, I remember seeing Dylan a few times, and all I can recall is that he was loud, and kind of brooding.

We all basically had the same music tastes (still do), and I barely wore anything besides black, jeans and docs. I wish now that I'd have tried to socialize. Can't help thinking we would have had so much in common.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 am

Very interesting, Its great that you can give a first hand insight of life in the school. Its also great you could come to this forum to share it. I am sure many people will have interesting questions for you!

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:21 am

Welcome to the forum, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We're happy to have you here. It's always very interesting having past Columbine students who feel comfortable enough to join our community and share their experiences with us. I hope you like it here and enjoy your time with us.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:25 am

Violenta wrote:
Hi, and thanks for the welcome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

That's one person I definitely remember. Rocky and this guy named Jay or Jason were ridiculously vulgar to me during my first few weeks. Rocky missed a load of school though, not sure how he ever graduated. All of them were super violent. They'd crowd down a hall together, and actually push/trip kids in full sight of adults. Not just guys. They were pretty handsy with females as well. Pushing, pinching etc. When I first arrived, a few in his group must've thought I'd be "easy" or something, because they'd follow me to my car, ask for my # and loudly talk about sex etc.

I can DEFINITELY understand E & D's hatred towards him. He had no conscience. Absolutely zero. The kids he gravitated towards the most(bullying wise) were skinny, tiny guys. I always thought he was possibly bi/gay, or maybe just sadistic.

Is this the Jason you remember?
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] HOLY SHIT. I'm almost positive that's him. And amazing detective skills. Looks like karma really did a number...there was a Brian and also a Jeremy, but they weren't as bad, more like orbiters. Rocky was basically treated like a god. I never understood why; to me, he wasn't the least attractive.

I'm still in awe over Jason. How the mighty have fallen.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:39 am

Violenta wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] HOLY SHIT. I'm almost positive that's him. And amazing detective skills. Looks like karma really did a number...there was a Brian and also a Jeremy, but they weren't as bad, more like orbiters.

Quote :
Rocky was basically treated like a god. I never understood why; to me, he wasn't the least attractive.

Did Rocky have lots of girls swarming all over him?

He had a girlfriend at one point ... reportedly he shoved her into a locker right in front of his wrestling coach. And his sister and his mother (who died a few years ago, by the way) reportedly kicked in her front door one day.

Quote :
I'm still in awe over Jason. How the mighty have fallen.

Some people peak early; others late; a few unlucky ones never.

Last edited by LPorter101 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks so much! It's extremely difficult finding other people as interested as I am in Columbine. Especially since I experienced the school..most expect me to demonize Eric and Dylan, and I've never been able to see past their humanity and the great qualities they both possessed.

So much lost potential.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 am

And the reason why I ask if Rocky was popular with girls is that, if Eric and Dylan saw this ugly guy getting lots of female attention, then might that not have added to their sense of injustice?

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], It was more like he chased girls. There were a few that hung all over him, but most stayed away..a lot of rumors back then about him involving drugs and steroids.

I'm pretty sure the girls in their group were kinda passed back and forth. When they first approched me, a girl came up after and told me to watch out. That they spread rumors, got girls drunk etc.

In his mind I'm sure he was a god to women though.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am

Also, do the names Luke Icke, Tony Pyle, Brandon Reisbeck, and Doug Trujillo mean anything to you?

Again, thanks for answering all of our questions.

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:55 am

Actually, you may be right. I know all girls have different "types" but that may have offended them. In person, he resembled a stocky troll. Unfortunately most girls in high school look for status, etc.

I think Eric and Dylan were both infinitely more attractive than Rocky or anyone he was hanging out with then. But at Columbine, I'm pretty sure most girls didn't even see them. Popularity and clothes, car etc, were what was on the top of most girl's dating requirements. Sad that they probably ended up with an abusive partner to look cool.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:01 am

Brandon and Luke both orbited Rocky. The other two, I'm not sure of. He had a group of about 5 guys constantly with him, and then a few more at times. They were all athletic... I wasn't there long enough to know all of the assholes names.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:04 am

Violenta wrote:
Actually, you may be right. I know all girls have different "types" but that may have offended them. In person, he resembled a stocky troll. Unfortunately most girls in high school look for status, etc.

I think Eric and Dylan were both infinitely more attractive than Rocky or anyone he was hanging out with then. But at Columbine, I'm pretty sure most girls didn't even see them. Popularity and clothes, car etc, were what was on the top of most girl's dating requirements. Sad that they probably ended up with an abusive partner to look cool.

I don't know what kind of a guy Rocky is now, but this woman apparently is his wife. (This picture is from 2007.):

They have a kid.
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:11 am

I'm sure he hasn't changed much if at all. Some people are just sadistic, or even evil. He was definitely the type to get off on other's pain. Even females.

He doesn't look like he aged well either.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:18 am

Violenta wrote:
Brandon and Luke both orbited Rocky. The other two, I'm not sure of. He had a group of about 5 guys constantly with him, and then a few more at times. They were all athletic... I wasn't there long enough to know all of the assholes names.

Those four boys were arrested with Rocky for breaking into and trashing a guy's apartment in April '98.

Brandon Reisbeck was the captain of the football team and the homecoming king in the '98-'99 school year:

You do remember a lot of names, though. Very Happy

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:28 am

Violenta wrote:
I'm sure he hasn't changed much if at all. Some people are just sadistic, or even evil. He was definitely the type to get off on other's pain. Even females.

He doesn't look like he aged well either.

Neither has Brooks Brown.

Patrick Ireland still looks good:

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 am

I think it's easier to remember names because of the impressions they made when I was there. Also, when I first saw the news on 4/20, and people were mentioning bullying..I thought it would be a ton of the guys we're talking about dead in that library.

I wonder if when the bombs failed, and they had to improvise, if they were too intimidated to even go after them with guns. I'm certain they hated the school, but have never understood if they shot randomly or maybe even out of pity, or a sense of superiority over most of the victims they ended up shooting.

I have thought about that the most. Why not go directly to the source of most of their humiliation and hatred? Maybe it was so engrained that they purposefully aimed at kids on their level or even lower.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

To me, Brooks looks the same. I remember seeing him smoking quite a bit. But you're right that he kind of aged roughly. Patrick looks great.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:47 am

Violenta wrote:
I think it's easier to remember names because of the impressions they made when I was there. Also, when I first saw the news on 4/20, and people were mentioning bullying..I thought it would be a ton of the guys we're talking about dead in that library.

I wonder if when the bombs failed, and they had to improvise, if they were too intimidated to even go after them with guns. I'm certain they hated the school, but have never understood if they shot randomly or maybe even out of pity, or a sense of superiority over most of the victims they ended up shooting.

I have thought about that the most. Why not go directly to the source of most of their humiliation and hatred? Maybe it was so engrained that they purposefully aimed at kids on their level or even lower.

Do you remember specific instances of bullying? I've read about:

* "bowling with freshmen" - the jocks poured baby oil on the ground, grabbed freshmen, and made them slip and slide on the baby oil
* pushing pennies with noses - a former Columbine jock himself confirmed that Rocky made kids do this - he would shove them to the ground and make them push pennies with their noses
* ketchup - one day, the jocks threw ketchup at Eric and Dylan ... they weren't allowed to go home, so they had to go the whole day with the ketchup all over their clothes ... when Dylan got home, his mother asked him what had happened, and he told her that he'd had the worst day of his life*
* cup of feces - one day, the jocks threw a cup of feces at someone (I forget who - don't think it was Eric and Dylan)

Also, when you watch this video, does it bring back any specific memories for you?

*Dylan told his mother that the worst day of his life was due to bullying ... and Cullen says bullying doesn't matter? Go figure.

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:09 pm

I never saw those specific incidents. What I did see was:

-They always targeted smaller kids.
- A lot of verbal abuse, especially "fag, homo, retard, loser, "
- Once, Rocky pushed a kid UP the stairs while he was walking with a girl. The kid almost hit his face on the edge of the stairs. Then he told the girl that the kid was such a fag, he couldn't walk up stairs because he'd had anal sex.
- They'd walk into the commons spread across the stairs, wouldn't let kids go up.
- tons of pushing
- saw Jason and Rocky & a (half?) Mexican guy spitting on this girl's car, then Rocky spit in her window on her chest/shirt.
- always called people ugly, fat etc. Especially girls that were thin.

I know there's more, but those stick out. I'll watch the video you linked and reply.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Regarding the Eric in Columbine video: The quality on that is so much better than the other I've watched numerous times.

It doesn't bring back specific memories, but mostly because I already remember quite a bit of my experiences there. I even have a journal I'd written during my stay in Littleton. It's full of mushy girl stuff, but also has a ton of my thoughts and stuff that happened in Columbine. You're welcome to see it, and what I wrote on 4/20 and after.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Violenta wrote:
Regarding the Eric in Columbine video: The quality on that is so much better than the other I've watched numerous times.

Yes, the person who runs that channel has gone to great lengths to try to clean up some of these videos.

Quote :
It doesn't bring back specific memories, but mostly because I already remember quite a bit of my experiences there. I even have a journal I'd written during my stay in Littleton. It's full of mushy girl stuff, but also has a ton of my thoughts and stuff that happened in Columbine. You're welcome to see it, and what I wrote on 4/20 and after.

I'm sure everyone here is eager to see whatever you're willing to share. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Oddly, just realized I had subscribed to his channel earlier. I listened to his arguments regarding Cullen's fantasy of Dylan The Innocent.

Most of my stuff from school is at my mom's, in storage. But I'm willing to share all that I have regarding Columbine. Can pick it up tomorrow or Monday. Smile

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Violenta wrote:
Oddly, just realized I had subscribed to his channel earlier. I listened to his arguments regarding Cullen's fantasy of Dylan The Innocent.

Most of my stuff from school is at my mom's, in storage. But I'm willing to share all that I have regarding Columbine. Can pick it up tomorrow or Monday. Smile

That sounds great ... anything that you have to offer is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 2:03 pm

This thread started over in the 'Introductions' section. I'm moving the bulk of the conversation here to the 'Thoughts on the Shooting' section for anyone who'd like to read and/or participate in the discussion. And I want to thank [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not only for sharing her experiences with us but allowing the members here to ask questions.

Violenta wrote:
Just wanted to somewhat introduce myself to everyone here. I attended Columbine in 98, while staying with my grandmother during my junior year. I only attended for 3.5 months. My parents were at their wits end, and living in a huge city and getting into constant trouble landed me in Littleton. When my grandmother had a massive stroke in May of 98, I returned back home and fortunately got back on track.

I did not know Eric or Dylan, but do remember seeing Dylan a couple of times(his height and hair were impossible to miss).Unfortunately,I think Eric must've just blended into the woodwork.

I am now in health care; I'm an RN practicing cardio-thoracic surgical nursing.

I have been researching basically since the day this happened. I think it has the effect of a type of addiction. It comes in phases, and I, like everyone else..continue to search for answers.

I hope to meet awesome, like minded people while here.

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks again for the warm welcome. I welcome any questions about my Columbine experience. Just extremely glad to meet others with my particular "obsession". Plus, I'm finding info I wasn't aware of, which is great after pouring through the same stuff over and over.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Violenta wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks again for the warm welcome. I welcome any questions about my Columbine experience. Just extremely glad to meet others with my particular "obsession". Plus, I'm finding info I wasn't aware of, which is great after pouring through the same stuff over and over.

No problem. You've definitely you come to the right place if you're looking for other Columbine obsessed researchers. I believe we are the best Columbine community out there. And yes, this is also one of the best places online to find great information and discussions on Columbine. There are a few other sites that offer great information on the topic but we have the discussions to go along with it which makes it much better, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Hello Violenta, welcome to the forum.

I was just going to ask you, do you remember how your day went on 20th April, 1999?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello Violenta and welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing what Columbine was like for you with the forum. Very informative stuff and great insight on what it must have been like there for Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:13 pm

I was a senior on 4/20. I had returned to my parents, and finished my senior year at my original school. Oddly, we had free periods in our school library and that's where I was when I found out. My mom came to tell me, and take me home if I wanted to leave.

I had made one friend at Columbine, about 6 weeks before my grandmother had her stroke.  At the time, I didn't know she knew both of them fairly well.

I had tried calling her parent's when I got home and lodged myself in front of the TV. All I did that day was watch that TV, trying to see if I saw her or anyone else I remembered. That night she finally called me and let me know she was ok. She had run from the cafeteria during the original pandemonium and wasn't hurt. She asked me if I would drive up and my mom actually let me go. (That shocks me still). When I got to Littleton, there were cops everywhere, l went directly to her house, and we went to a church service that afternoon with her Dad. So much was still unknown, but people basically knew E & D had done it, rumors were flying. The whole church seemed to be in tears. She and I went outside before the thing was over, and smoked. That's when she mentioned she had known Eric pretty well, and that she thought Dylan pushed Eric into it, or strong armed Eric. Completely opposite of everyone's views in Littleton. I cannot emphasize enough how much hatred there was towards them on the 21st. People were either crying, walking like zombies or cursing E & D..

I stayed with her until the following Saturday, and after the church thing we mostly drove around, stayed at her house &talked. We are still close to this day. Her name might be familiar from one of the lists, so if anyone wants to know who she is..I will have to ask her permission. We've talked every year on 4/20 since '99. Sometimes, we'd meet up and go bowling. One year, in 2005, we went and did a huge amount of fireworks we'd bought the previous 4th of July. We'd always do something in their memory. Especially Eric's. To this day, she hates when people blame it all on him. Her view of him, and mine (mostly because of her memories and stories) aren't of a psychopath with no feelings. Much more a troubled kid, who smiled a lot, made ridiculous jokes, flirted wildly and ended up a victim as well. Dylan also. I remember Dylan, though not Eric. My impression of him was loud, brooding and he cussed alot when I saw him in school. A normal guy.

That's basically all I can remember from that week..hope I didn't bore everyone.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Did you have any encounters with Mr D?

I have read varied accounts of what he was like. He always comes across as caring in the docs I've seen him in, but that of course could all just be for the cameras.
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 am

He was very friendly with the kids in sports. He always came across as a big teenager, he'd high 5 guys in the hall. Come through the commons talking to them, etc. I never had any encounters, luckily I didn't get in trouble in my months there.

I've seen how he acted directly afterwards...but he wasn't walking around talking to or hugging regular kids. Afaik, everyone was pissed that he tried coming across like that. I imagine after 4/20 he tried harder and felt somewhat responsible since he was the principal. But no, he wasn't like that at all in 98. Unless you were scoring for a team that is.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:37 am

Violenta wrote:
He was very friendly with the kids in sports. He always came across as a big teenager, he'd high 5 guys in the hall. Come through the commons talking to them, etc. I never had any encounters, luckily I didn't get in trouble in my months there.

I've seen how he acted directly afterwards...but he wasn't walking around talking to or hugging regular kids. Afaik, everyone was pissed that he tried coming across like that. I imagine after 4/20 he tried harder and felt somewhat responsible since he was the principal. But no, he wasn't like that at all in 98. Unless you were scoring for a team that is.

Well, he was a jock in high school himself ... someone said that it seemed like he was trying to relive his own glory years by hanging out with the popular kids.

Are there any teachers who stick in your mind?
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:51 am

Thank you Violenta for coming on this board, and to inform us new things. Also, welcome to the board!

I do have a question though...kinda weird, but Dylan's hair was pretty short In his/your junior year, yet you stated he had long hair?

This was January 30 1998
His hair looks pretty short to me:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Or his driver's license In Oct '97:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, can you recall a guy named "Anthony 'Tony' Pyne" who apparently had a tribal tattoo on his left arm, and he is the one (not Rocky) to push his girlfriend into the lockers with the teachers doing nothing?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:57 am

lol wrote:
Also, can you recall a guy named "Anthony 'Tony' Pyne" who apparently had a tribal tattoo on his left arm, and he is the one (not Rocky) to push his girlfriend into the lockers with the teachers doing nothing?

In one episode, they saw state wrestling champion Rocky Wayne Hoffschneider shoving his girlfriend into a locker, in front of a teacher, who did nothing, according to a close friend. "We used to talk about Rocky a lot," said the friend, who asked not to be identified. "We'd say things like 'He should be in jail for the stuff he does.' " Another friend of Klebold's, Andrew Beard, remembers distinctly Klebold's rage at four football players' "getting off" after destroying a man's apartment last year.
Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 am

His hair was always messy. It was never super short during my time in 98. When he wasn't wearing a hat it almost looked matted at times. I only remember seeing him a few times absolutely, but his hair wasn't as short as the ID picture. Most guys in school at that time had either shaved/short on sides and back and longer on top, or kind of a bowl cut. Dylan's was definitely longer than average when I saw him, and he even put part of it in a ponytail.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Violenta

Violenta

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm pretty sure Lporter101 asked me about that guy as well..I'm not 100% sure but there was a Mexican (possibly half) that was around Rocky back then. That could possibly be him, but I'm not certain. Going to check yearbook with Lporter101 and see.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Many greetings. I'm glad you decided to come her, that requires some guts I imagine. Its always interesting to hear from someone who lived in the area and experienced CHS at that time.

Yeah I heard about the way the 1998 jocks pushed all sorts of people around, what you say corroborates what some other CHS students told me.

I wonder, if you knew Eric Veik or Mike Vendengia perhaps? Were you in any group like the choir, debate club etc?

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85666

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 3:52 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Also, do the names Luke Icke, Tony Pyle, Brandon Reisbeck, and Doug Trujillo mean anything to you?

Tony Pyne.

a.k.a.

"Anthony A. Pyne, a 230-pound football player with a tribal band tattoo on his left arm." Same Class of '98.

Edit: lol, I guess I should've read the entire thread first ;)

Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85666

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 4:04 am

I'll join everyone else in extending you the warmest welcome to the community, and thanks for your willingness to answer questions!
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 5:21 am

lio45 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Tony Pyne.

a.k.a.

"Anthony A. Pyne, a 230-pound football player with a tribal band tattoo on his left arm." Same Class of '98.

Edit: lol, I guess I should've read the entire thread first ;)

Pyne in the ass, he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.   Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex Columbine student (1998) discussion thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next