Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When did eric start changing ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 80508
Forum Reputation : 0

When did eric start changing ? Empty
PostSubject: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:50 am

So my question is when did eric changed from being a mainstream kid to an outcast ?  I understant the why , like being bullied ,  new kid in school ,  but i didnt grasp when .  It was immediately after he arrived in littleton ?  And i think most important ,  the change was gradual or abrupt ?  Thnx all for sharing your opinions .

Last edited by afrrs on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84994

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 3:44 am

I would say it was gradual. Starting in his early high school years

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103122
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:12 am

10th grade. They started dressing differently 11th grade, but they started changing in 10th grade.

Honestly I think Chris Morris had a negativea affect on them. They met Chris in...right. 10th grade.
Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 80508

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 2:20 pm

lol wrote:
10th grade. They started dressing differently 11th grade, but they started changing in 10th grade.

Honestly I think Chris Morris had a negativea affect on them. They met Chris in...right. 10th grade.

how years old were they exactly ? and why you say that chris was a negative effect on them ? to be honest there isnt much info on chris apart from him knowing and being with them casually like school ( i dunno if he worked with them in the pizza place , i think he did ) .

So whats your bases saying he was a negative influence on them ?
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103122
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 pm

They started changing when they were 15, and getting into this rebellious stage with the whole "Rebel Missions" (along with Zack Hecker, who by the way I strongly stay by my statement believing he would have been the 3rd shooter if he didn't change, nor if he didn't start dating Devon).

Eric and Dylan met Chris Morris in 10th grade. Chris Morris got Eric the job at BlackJack Pizza after Eric's birthday...sometime from May '97 - July '97. Eric got Dylan working there at BJ Pizza from September '97 - December '97 (Dylan quit because he brought a pipe bomb to work, and was yelled at by his boss. Dylan probably said "Fuck this" and quit). He only lasted 3 months at Black Jack Pizza, and didn't start working there again till December '98

Anyway, Chris was one of the founders of the TCM. He was one of the first guys wearing the Trenchcoats. Guess what year? Eric and Dylan's 10th grade year. '96-'97. Eric Dutro was the first guy who wore this trench coat in Halloween, and it became a new thing for them. Eric and Dylan respected TCM, and probably always wanted to be in the group, but really never was in their group, and IMO..kind of wannabe TCM guys. Chris was said to be very violent. He often cussed out teachers, got in trouble a lot, pulled out a knife on a fellow TCM member (Eric Dutro), and had one hell of a temper. The more Eric and Dylan hung out with Chris (especially Eric. Eric was closer to Chris than Dylan) the more that Chris had an affect on him.

Now do I think Eric was Mr goody two shoes before Chris Morris? No. I think Eric always kind of had that Rebellious nature in him, but I do believe Chris did influence Eric into changing his style. I mean even look at the sunglasses Dylan and Chris both wear. While Dylan's does look more expensive (it is, he paid $300 for it) it is similar to Chris Morris sunglasses, if not exactly the same besides the framing.

Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98113
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:36 am

browneyes11 wrote:
I would say it was gradual. Starting in his early high school years
I also think it was gradual, but I think early HS was only when he started changing things visible to outsiders - clothes, music etc.

I suspect Eric was different from other kids much earlier on, but this came unnoticed because he was not delusional, mentally handicapped or otherwise debilitated by his mental condition. Eric is unusual in the sense that while he exhibited some very strong psychopathic and narcissistic features, he did not have much in the way of psychopathic emotional traits, which left him vulnerable to self-identity issues and finally suicide.

In some ways the fact that Eric became a part of NBK was caused by him being "psychopathic enough" to engage in this behavior, but "not psychopathic enough" for psychopathic emotional components preventing him from going through with NBK.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did eric start changing ?   When did eric start changing ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did eric start changing ?
Page 1 of 1