Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did it start?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ldg1414

ldg1414

Contribution Points : 79349
Forum Reputation : 0

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:31 pm

I mean the idea of going out on a shooting spree. It's not something you just turn to your friend and say like "hey, want to shoot up our school sometime?". At what point does something like that turn from dark fantasy into reality? I don't see any point in any of the journals where it's clear. My friend thinks it was a mental experiment, where in they planned out the idea in their head and then realized it might actually be possible to make bombs or buy the guns. And them realizing too that both of them wanted it bad enough to actually suggest doing it for real, and to actually think the other wouldn't rat them out, for nearly a year..
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Dylan first wrote about going on a shooting spree on Monday, November 3, 1997. He wanted to do it with someone else - not Eric.

When Dylan and Eric first thought about it, we'll never know.

HuskerStorm

Contribution Points : 79550

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Also, how does it just come up? I think there may have been a post I read here, where someone mentioned how they may have used it in passing...see what interest is gained by the listening party...and go from there.

Is it also accurate that most of these types of plans involving more than one person, end up failing because one has second thoughts and confesses or lets it slip early?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98293
Forum Reputation : 154

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:35 am

HuskerStorm wrote:
Also, how does it just come up?  I think there may have been a post I read here, where someone mentioned how they may have used it in passing...see what interest is gained by the listening party...and go from there.

Is it also accurate that most of these types of plans involving more than one person, end up failing because one has second thoughts and confesses or lets it slip early?  

There was a boy somewhere a few months ago who 'bottled' an attack on a mall I think - he offed himself and his two pals ended up getting caught before they did anything.

I think he was one of them fanboy types who liked to post pics of himself waving a gun around and enjoyed the attention he got from the fan girls - but when it came down to it he couldn't go ahead with it - this case reminds me of the thread LPorter started about Eric & Dylan having balls to act rather than just talk about it.
Back to top Go down

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
HuskerStorm wrote:
Also, how does it just come up?  I think there may have been a post I read here, where someone mentioned how they may have used it in passing...see what interest is gained by the listening party...and go from there.

There was a boy somewhere a few months ago who 'bottled' an attack on a mall I think - he offed himself and his two pals ended up getting caught before they did anything.

I think he was one of them fanboy types who liked to post pics of himself waving a gun around and enjoyed the attention he got from the fan girls - but when it came down to it he couldn't go ahead with it - this case reminds me of the thread LPorter started about Eric & Dylan having balls to act rather than just talk about it.
His Tumblr's still up - his name is James Gamble.
The trial for the remaining two is set for Autumn.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102463
Forum Reputation : 74

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Dylan mentioning it in writing first is not proof that he came up with it. Maybe Eric just didn't write it down.
Back to top Go down
ldg1414

ldg1414

Contribution Points : 79349

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:37 pm

I find it interesting though that in the same journal entry where he mentions the shooting, he also mentions the fact that eric is getting farther away from him, it doesn't sound like that would be happening had they been discussing the shooting together. It sounds like he doesn't expect Eric to be around much longer.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 2:26 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Dylan mentioning it in writing first is not proof that he came up with it. Maybe Eric just didn't write it down.

I never said that it's proof of anything, except the fact that a) Dylan was thinking about murdering people as early as 1997 and b) he was thinking about doing it with someone else besides Eric.

Sponsored content

How did it start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did it start?   How did it start? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did it start?
Page 1 of 1