Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who was teh second debate team victims?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

Who was teh second debate team victims? Empty
PostSubject: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 6:05 am

Quote :
Miss Scott was on the school debate team and had recently acted in a play written, produced and directed by students, said Bonnie Baumgart, whose son Nick had gone to the prom with her last weekend.

Mrs. Baumgart said another member of the debating team was killed.

"The whole team was really close and they lost two," she said.
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok, who wa sthe second debate team victim then? Dan Mauser?

I'm asking as Dan was on the team, but he was a freshman while Nick was a senior. That's why I'm wondering if he meant Dan or maybe someone older that he knew.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82415
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:56 am

Yep. It was Daniel Mauser.

Back to top Go down
Dico

Contribution Points : 82687
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 10:19 am

It was indeed Daniel Mauser. Someone on Reddit asked Brooks Brown if he was close to any of the victims and this was his response:

"Rachel Scott was extremely close to a good friend of mine, romantically. We knew eachother fairly well and she made an impact on me in a few ways. That was really tough. Daniel Mauser was a kid I mentored when he was a freshman in debate. That was really tough as well."
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 3:50 am

Brooks "romanticallly" with Rachel? That's news to me. I'm not sure I'd believe Brooks in this regard.

I mean I haven't been there, but while I remember some peopel saying Rachel and Baumgart dated, I never recall anyone mentioning anythign similar when it comes to her and Brooks.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 3:55 am

Sabratha wrote:
Brooks "romanticallly" with Rachel? That's news to me. I'm not sure I'd believe Brooks in this regard.

I mean I haven't been there, but while I remember some peopel saying Rachel and Baumgart dated, I never recall anyone mentioning anythign similar when it comes to her and Brooks.

He said: "Rachel Scott was extremely close to a good friend of mine

He was talking about Nick.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84536

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 5:56 am

Gustopoet2 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

I always thought it was Stephen Partridge? The one Rachel wrote about, said she really loved, but broke up with in 1998 because she didn't want it to turn sexual. In his book he says Stephen was with him right after the shooting & they both drove around looking for familiar faces. Rachel was one of them. They went back to Brooks' house and found out she was dead when his little brother was talking to someone on the phone and repeated, out loud, that the person on the other end said they "seen Rachel Scott's dead body" laying outside the school. Among other things. Not realizing both Brooks and Stephen knew her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Thanks, misread that and I was working from a small handheld device and in transit too. GHuess I'm just tired.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:12 am

Sabratha wrote:

Thanks, misread that and I was working from a small handheld device and in transit too. GHuess I'm just tired.

Easy mistake to make. Smile

paradisedreams wrote:

I always thought it was Stephen Partridge? The one Rachel wrote about, said she really loved, but broke up with in 1998 because she didn't want it to turn sexual. In his book he says Stephen was with him right after the shooting & they both drove around looking for familiar faces. Rachel was one of them. They went back to Brooks' house and found out she was dead when his little brother was talking to someone on the phone and repeated, out loud, that the person on the other end said they "seen Rachel Scott's dead body" laying outside the school. Among other things. Not realizing both Brooks and Stephen knew her.

Interesting. I just assumed it was Nick.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84536

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 4:45 pm

paradisedreams wrote:

Gustopoet2 wrote:

Interesting. I just assumed it was Nick.

Hmm. Maybe it was. Were Nick and Brooks friends? I know they both hung out with Eric and Dylan during their first 2 years of high school. But of course that automatically doesn't mean they were.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 4:55 pm

paradisedreams wrote:

Hmm. Maybe it was. Were Nick and Brooks friends? I know they both hung out with Eric and Dylan during their first 2 years of high school. But of course that automatically doesn't mean they were.

Yeah, they hung out in the library together with Eric And Dylan. From No Easy Answers:

"During Freshman year, we formed a circle of friends that included Zach Heckler, Nick Baumgart, Eric, and Dylan. Our favorite place to hang out was the Columbine library." (p. 47)

Eric later decided he hated Nick and added him to his shit-list, I believe. Apparently, according to Brooks, Nick was a clown and Eric decided he didn't like his laugh.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Nick, Brooks, Zach, Nate, Heins and E&D were much closer to one another in their freshman year, but then Eric had a falling out with Nick and Brooks, while Zach drifted away from them overall.

Eric at one point even made a "rebel mission" with Dylan and Zach against Nicks house. Brooks never made it clear why they did it, except iirc mentioning that Eric didn't like the way Nick laughed.

I'm pretty sure there was more to it, but probably still just childish scuffles. Keep in mind, Nick was amongst the least popular kids of all, even out-crowd didn't particularly like him. Eric himself even described Nick as a "pathetic little weakling" who "nobody at school likes".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was teh second debate team victims?   Who was teh second debate team victims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was teh second debate team victims?
Page 1 of 1