Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission Complete!!!

Go down 
+10
Sabratha
Jenn
rebel82
WhereHateRunsRed
WendlaBergman
Archvile
John Denver
eli27
limpfisch
14 posters
AuthorMessage
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 78691
Forum Reputation : 3

Mission Complete!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 2:05 pm

So

Last edited by limpfisch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm

That's really cool, I can't believe that you managed to get in almost unnoticed though! It must have been emotional to finally have been standing where Dylan and Eric stood.

Did the students notice you, and that you were 'new'? If so how did they react? Also how did the students seem around school in general, was there any bad/bullying behaviour?

Sorry for being greedy and asking 3 questions. Smile

Contribution Points : 81066
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm

limpfisch wrote:
or if anyone wants to see the footage (i have no idea if this interests people), then let me know.

Yeah, I'd like to see it for sure (and I bet others here would too.)
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:22 pm

this what I was saying in another topic before, about how strangely easy it is to just wonder in.. one of my friends awhile ago did the same thing, blended in with the students, but he didn't take a camera, but nobody noticed he wasn't a member of the school even though he is 21.

If you want to get into Eric's house, take a skateboard to his neighborhood and pretend to be local kids playing around, and purposely fall down and injure yourself or even a nosebleed and walk over to the house and ask if you can use the phone for ambulance, and you'd probably be invited in with towels to clean the blood.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Did you feel, see, or hear ghosts?
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81066

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 pm

To me, it's no wonder that you can walk in the school and not be caught. It's a school of 2 000 students. No one can know nearly everyone even by face. I don't think any CHS person can say: "Hey, you don't belong here!" (As long as you keep your calm.)

You can always be that weird exchange student...

And in a case of real emergency (you actually get caught by administration for not being a real student), I don't think it would end up that bad... Just don't let them know that you even acknowledge that there was this school shooting in 1999... I don't think CHS's first reaction to an outsider would be that "(s)he's here because of Columbine".

It's been 16 years and I think the current staff doesn't even think about it.

Last edited by John Denver on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:39 pm

that's true, the students and teachers will all just assume you a student who they don't share any classes with, even more so if you have a baseball cap on and you would blend in very well.. But I would have thought Columbine, of all schools would have had high class security, with bag checkers and special I.D cards to get you into the doors. It's kind of worrying if there is anyone obsessed so much about Eric and Dylan that they could just wonder in there with a weapon in their bag.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79431

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm

You said you visited Eric's old house, why didn't you visit the Klebold residence?
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:37 pm

[quote="eli27"]That's really cool, I can't believe that you managed to get in almost unnoticed though! It must have been emotional to finally have been standing where Dylan and Eric stood.

Last edited by limpfisch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:39 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
Did you feel, see, or hear ghosts?
I have studied the pictures hard for any signs of that but there is nothing. Did not hear anything either.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:41 pm

1891 wrote:
You said you visited Eric's old house, why didn't you visit the Klebold residence?

I was under the impression that the Klebold residence is somewhat secluded down a long driveway but I could be wrong. At the end of the day I am a bit of an Eric fan but I don't feel the same interest for Dylan even though if I met the two boys, I have no doubt that I'd get along with Dylan far better.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

CharlesWhitman wrote:
that's true, the students and teachers will all just assume you a student who they don't share any classes with, even more so if you have a baseball cap on and you would blend in very well.. But I would have thought Columbine, of all schools would have had high class security, with bag checkers and special I.D cards to get you into the doors. It's kind of worrying if there is anyone obsessed so much about Eric and Dylan that they could just wonder in there with a weapon in their bag.

I agree that it's weird and I was a little surprised.
However I think that the fact there is no security shows how far the school has come and have moved on. This could never happen if they made it high security.
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81854

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 3:52 am

This is hilarious, it's weird but can't say i wouldn't do it if i had the chance!
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 6:01 am

John Denver wrote:
limpfisch wrote:
or if anyone wants to see the footage (i have no idea if this interests people), then let me know.

I do not have the ability to reply to direct messages as I just found out but to all those requesting me to upload the video, I will do just that in the very near future.
Back to top Go down
rebel82

Contribution Points : 97429

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 am

Did you take any photos? I'd be fascinated to see them.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:01 am

rebel82 wrote:
Did you take any photos? I'd be fascinated to see them.

I sure did Smile Where is a good place to post them?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 am

limpfisch wrote:
John Denver wrote:
limpfisch wrote:

I do not have the ability to reply to direct messages as I just found out but to all those requesting me to upload the video, I will do just that in the very near future.
Once you have 10 messages on the board, you'll have access to your private messaging. You only need 2 more posts and then you can talk with other members in private. We have a thread over in 'Miscellaneous' called 'Totally Random' and you can make post there to get your post count past 10, if you'd like.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:00 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:

Yeam my thoughts exactly.

Ultimate copycat "columbine-space-monkey" act: shoot up CHS itself again.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 am

No offense....this is slightly disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:43 am

lol wrote:
My comment or the OP?

Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:13 am

lol wrote:

He means me.....none taken. I have no evil or bad intentions and I am mentally stable. I just like places of history.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90283
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:32 am

Could you tell me how much money have you spend for this trip to Columbine?
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 am

I don't find it disturbing, I think everyone here should get a chance to visit there, it will change a lot of opinions after actually being there in person and it would give closure and give a better understanding about the horror and the tragedy.

I think studying it from afar for so long gives it kind of a movie feel, like Eric and Dylan and the events all feel like a work of ficton, and actually being there and seeing that you actually co-exist in the same universe as the school, brings you back to reality and probably make you rethink things and all the footage left behind by the media of injured children fleeing out of the building will have a larger impact on you afterwards.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:13 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:
I don't find it disturbing, I think everyone here should get a chance to visit there, it will change a lot of opinions after actually being there in person and it would give closure and give a better understanding about the horror and the tragedy.

I think studying it from afar for so long gives it kind of a movie feel, like Eric and Dylan and the events all feel like a work of ficton, and actually being there and seeing that you actually co-exist in the same universe as the school, brings you back to reality and probably make you rethink things and all the footage left behind by the media of injured children fleeing out of the building will have a larger impact on you afterwards.

Could not agree more!
Before I went there I would say I had an unhealthy obsession with it (especially a couple years back).
But going there has completely turned that around. I mean I'm still very interested in it, but I don't feel like it's a movie anymore like you said.
Going there really makes it hit home.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:16 am

MysteryMan wrote:
Could you tell me how much money have you spend for this trip to Columbine?

I did a trip around USA and a bit of Central America so it's not like it was just a trip to see Columbine. I guess all up my trip cost about $8,000 but if I were to only visit columbine it would've been about $2500
Back to top Go down
rebel82

Contribution Points : 97429

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not sure why anybody finds this "disturbing". Columbine is a school but it's also a place of historical interest.
Is there any difference between visiting Columbine and the memorial or visiting the scene of 9/11 and its memorial?

Each to their own..

Thanks for sharing the photos and video limpfisch.
Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm

rebel82 wrote:
I'm not sure why anybody finds this "disturbing". Columbine is a school but it's also a place of historical interest.
Is there any difference between visiting Columbine and the memorial or visiting the scene of 9/11 and its memorial?

Each to their own..

Thanks for sharing the photos and video limpfisch.
Where are you from?

Yes that's the way I see it too:)

Last edited by limpfisch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85015
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Such a cool experience, it must have been so surreal to be there walking around… and also kind of ironic that you got to feel somehow "in danger" inside the school due to the teacher stoping you.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 1:33 pm

limpfisch wrote:
CharlesWhitman wrote:

Before I went there I would say I had an unhealthy obsession with it (especially a couple years back).

What would you consider an unhealthy obsession? I'm on the autism spectrum and Columbine is currently my special interest, so I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:52 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
limpfisch wrote:
CharlesWhitman wrote:

What would you consider an unhealthy obsession? I'm on the autism spectrum and Columbine is currently my special interest, so I'm curious.

Hi, I'm also on the autism spectrum although mild.
During the worst period of my life "just after high school" I developed an unhealthy obsession. I would have pictures of the killers on my laptop back round, I would listen to the pulp fiction soundtrack cos that's what was playing on Dylan's morning run.
There is probably more but I'm struggling to remember.
End of the day I grew up a bit but visiting the school really helped me emotionally let go of my obsession. It will always be special to me, but it will never own me like it did and I'm mentally very stable and happy.

Last edited by limpfisch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102213
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I went there in July of 2000 and just walked in. I walked around for hours. Saw all the repairs they were doing. Library with the floor ripped up. I went to Blackjack Pizza. Eric's house. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 pm

I apologize. I didn't mean visiting Columbine was disturbing, more as you going inside the high school and blend in with high school students at age 24, just to go inside the school is slightly disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:29 am

lol wrote:
I apologize. I didn't mean visiting Columbine was disturbing, more as you going inside the high school and blend in with high school students at age 24, just to go inside the school is slightly disturbing.

Yeah the whole "secret-squirrel" type intrigue can be seen as weird, but in the end I see it as completely harmless as long as he did not perster the students or interfere with school activities in any way.

Having said that, CHS probably should step up security. Limpfisch's peregrination was entirely benign, but they probably should guard themselves against "space-monkey" E&D followers.

Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 5:06 pm

He removed all his posts, I think he may have gotten into trouble over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Complete!!!   Mission Complete!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Complete!!!
Page 1 of 1