Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video of me at and inside Columbine.

Go down 
+13
PaintItBlack
fatlittleparasite
Draw_It_White
deathmedic
WendlaBergman
4everxbox
Jenn
Fatheroftwo
LPorter101
John Denver
Wideawake
Sabratha
limpfisch
17 posters
AuthorMessage
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 78666
Forum Reputation : 3

Video of me at and inside Columbine. Empty
PostSubject: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:25 am

Last edited by limpfisch on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total

mshewey24 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks for the upload

I was almost expecting to hear: "Thar she blows! Columbine High School!" And then it happened.

Also the old blue lockers still in there? Whole vid reminded me how loud HS corridors can be. Trip down memory lane. Let me guess, the corridors smell of floor-paste? ;)

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 am

Last edited by limpfisch on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am

Last edited by limpfisch on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101801
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:28 pm

10 points for bravery! I would never have had the guts to walk around pretending to be a student. But thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81041

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Where are you from? I'd like to put into perspective how far away you actually came there.

You kept it cool. What a thrill it must have been.

Why don't they let anyone film at CHS? I mean... With today's phones, everyone films everything.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Last edited by limpfisch on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Denver

Contribution Points : 81041

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 pm

What did she say when you said "math"?

How it felt to walk the same path as Eric? Did you enjoy it? Were you scared of getting caught?

Did anything else happen besides that one teacher stopping you and some looks from the students?

Did you think about Eric and the shooting while you were there?

How did you feel after getting out from there? What did you think? Do you now think about Columbine differently than before your journey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Woah, bet that must have felt really surreal.

I get why you wanted to do it but it makes me feel bad for the actual students there... Though probably/hopefully doesn't happen too often.
I can't believe how lax their security is!
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Someone I know made it inside the school twice - once after a memorial walk, and then again during a play.

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:50 am

Last edited by limpfisch on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Limpfisch,

Outstanding. Much respect for your creativity & bravery, that is classic.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Being that the original poster removed all photos/videos from the threads, they have been taken off of the list of stickies. You can now view these threads in the normal list.

Back to top Go down
4everxbox

4everxbox

Contribution Points : 79038

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 pm

John Denver wrote:
Where are you from? I'd like to put into perspective how far away you actually came there.

You kept it cool. What a thrill it must have been.

Why don't they let anyone film at CHS? I mean... With today's phones, everyone films everything.

I know this was almost a month ago, but I wanted to say when I went to school, you couldn't film or take pictures in school during school hours. You could after school, but just not during. Of course, people still did it (like me and my friends.) My brother goes there now, and he says its still the same way. Just a little insight Smile

Contribution Points : 89999

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], did you go to Columbine?
Back to top Go down
4everxbox

4everxbox

Contribution Points : 79038

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:02 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], did you go to Columbine?

No, sorry. Should have been more specific. But, at most schools, it is against the rules to take pictures and videos, but people do it anyways. It's a safety rule. So, if someone that was outside the school wanting to shoot it up, like someone that didn't go to that school, they wouldn't know the layout as well... That's what teachers told us.

Contribution Points : 101874
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 6:29 pm

I wonder why OP removed it all
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 2:43 am

Did the pictures not have his face all over them?

It quite possibly got reported or somebody picked up on it.

I don't know what rules or punishments there are over this sort of thing (if any?) but going half way around the world to film inside a high school and posting pictures and videos of it on a forum dedicated to a mass killing spree that occurred there, I guess it came to the owner of the material it wasn't that smart of a thing to do?
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97702
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:

I don't know what rules or punishments there are over this sort of thing (if any?) but going half way around the world to film inside a high school and posting pictures and videos of it on a forum dedicated to a mass killing spree that occurred there, I guess it came to the owner of the material it wasn't that smart of a thing to do?

Yeah, even if there is no legal recourse for this kind of thing currently I would personally worry about inciting enough fear to lead to it. Surely it doesn't sit well with people that OP explicitly--at Columbine of all high schools--faked student status to roam the halls and got away with it. It was a terribly dumb thing to do knowing the political/social climate in the States regarding school safety and only makes OP seem dangerously obsessed. Honestly I'm a bit angry about OP's carelessness as someone (like a lot of us here) who walks that fine line between innocent yet above-average fascination and trying not to come off as someone who would do a mass shooting.

Say OP's actions did make it to the news or even just to the Columbine community (like if the school had to send letters to parents notifying them of the security breach) and our forum became a target of scrutiny. What's to stop people from thinking that this board is just full of disturbed people who are so obsessed we want to recreate the event? Not only does this make us look really bad as a forum, it's just really selfish and disrespectful to violate their community like that to satisfy your curiosity as a tourist. I'm not saying I'm not curious too, but that's just a line I would not cross. It's as bad as the media not giving them peace after the shooting and it's asking for trouble.

The only way this could be construed positively is as a demonstration of the school's lack of care in taking the same basic precautionary measures instituted in many American schools as a direct result of Columbine.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 pm

I am not sure if this guy broke any laws or not, but if he did it couldn't have been more serious than trespassing and as he lives in another country I doubt that anybody is going to track him down and charge him.
And no offense meant to you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but I think you are being way too hard on this guy. You are basically making him out to be some kind of a criminal, when he really didn't do anything.
All he did was look around and take some pictures and videos.
I believe that he shared them with the forum with a spirit of generosity.
I understand the concern about security and safety of the current students, but this guys intent was very innocent.
And to be realistic he is far from the first Columbiner or just interested person to visit the school and he won't be the last.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh I don't think it's wrong to visit the school necessarily; I would like to make a trip to Littleton one day myself. It just got really intrusive to me when he went as far as pretending to be a student in order to walk the halls. If I were to visit I'd go on a weekend or during the summer when there are no students and I wouldn't even consider it a possibility that I'd be able to see the inside.

I don't think it can be denied, either, that the public would not take this well if they found out what OP did. We know his intent was innocent and I'm selfishly bummed I didn't see this thread before the media was removed, but that doesn't mean most people would understand. I think we all know the stigma that comes with being interested in the shooting. I would just hate to see our board become the target of some crazy media frenzy or worse.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Understood and you do make some valid points.
Perhaps the guy pretended to be a student because he could only come here at a certain time of year and that was while school was in session.
He said he saved up money for the trip over a long period of time so I can only assume that is the case.
I agree that the school wouldn't be happy about it if they found out what happened,
There have been people who technically weren't supposed to be there that took the opportunity to pay a visit when the school was having a play or some other event but there is no way the school can control such things.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:22 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Understood and you do make some valid points.
Perhaps the guy pretended to be a student because he could only come here at a certain time of year and that was while school was in session.
He said he saved up money   for the trip over a long period of time so I can only assume that is the case.
I agree that the school wouldn't be happy about it if they found out what happened,
There have been people who technically weren't supposed to be there that took the opportunity to pay a visit when the school was having a play or some other event but there is no way the school can control such things.

Yeah I agree that the school can't do much to prevent it. Some schools have a policy that all doors remain locked from the outside after school hours but all it takes is someone getting there early enough or some kid wedging a stick in the door so they can get back in after sneaking out for lunch. I also remember thinking it was dumb when I was in high school that we all had to wear our IDs because anyone who would want to shoot up the school would likely be a student.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 am

fatlittleparasite wrote:
Radioactive_Clothing wrote:

Yeah, even if there is no legal recourse for this kind of thing currently I would personally worry about inciting enough fear to lead to it. Surely it doesn't sit well with people that OP explicitly--at Columbine of all high schools--faked student status to roam the halls and got away with it. It was a terribly dumb thing to do knowing the political/social climate in the States regarding school safety and only makes OP seem dangerously obsessed. Honestly I'm a bit angry about OP's carelessness as someone (like a lot of us here) who walks that fine line between innocent yet above-average fascination and trying not to come off as someone who would do a mass shooting.

Say OP's actions did make it to the news or even just to the Columbine community (like if the school had to send letters to parents notifying them of the security breach) and our forum became a target of scrutiny. What's to stop people from thinking that this board is just full of disturbed people who are so obsessed we want to recreate the event? Not only does this make us look really bad as a forum, it's just really selfish and disrespectful to violate their community like that to satisfy your curiosity as a tourist. I'm not saying I'm not curious too, but that's just a line I would not cross. It's as bad as the media not giving them peace after the shooting and it's asking for trouble.

The only way this could be construed positively is as a demonstration of the school's lack of care in taking the same basic precautionary measures instituted in many American schools as a direct result of Columbine.
I'm not pointing the finger at anybody or accusing any member(s) of wanting to do this, but Alvaro Castillo was obsessed with Columbine and made his Mom drive him there on at least one (or more) occasions.

He ended up murdering his father and attempting to embark on a mass-shooting spree, that was thankfully foiled.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86657
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 pm

OP is a New Zealander and here we are really really lax about things like this, so unless the GCSB was aided by US authorities, then he wouldn't likely be charged with anything.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 12:55 am

limpfisch wrote:
Here it is. Again, feel free to ask any questions.
Cheers.

The link is gone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 3:31 am

I am logged in and still can't see link :/
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 2:07 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I am not sure if this guy broke any laws or not, but if he did it couldn't have been more serious than trespassing and as he lives in another country I doubt that anybody is going to track him down and charge him.
And no offense meant to you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but I think you are being way too hard on this guy. You are basically making him out to be some kind of a criminal, when he really didn't do anything.
I understand the concern about security and safety of the current students, but this guys intent was very innocent.
And to be realistic he is far from the first Columbiner or just interested person to visit the school and he won't be the last.

You aren't taking into account that he sneaked into COLUMBINE HIGHSCHOOL of all places. He was what called an IOC (Intruder On Campus) and around my parts that's a huge deal and almost always makes it on the news anytime it happens. Its a serious problem that a school known for the historic shooting that happened there is this careless about who enters through its doors. Had he gotten caught this would have made the news guaranteed. It also would have brought the subject back up around Littleton and those people deserve to have that stuff kept as much in the past as possible.

Plus "Columbiners" (I hate that term so fucking much lol) get enough shit in the media as is. Lets be honest guys, we gather here because we are interested in what was a merciless massacre of children. It doesn't make us bad people but its not something a lot of us are comfortable telling others. Shit like this makes us respectable researchers look like obsessive psychos. I'd love to travel to the memorial and walk around the outside of the school, but this is honestly a stupid move and more than a little disrespectful IMO.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79406

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

You aren't taking into account that he sneaked into COLUMBINE HIGHSCHOOL of all places. He was what called an IOC (Intruder On Campus) and around my parts that's a huge deal and almost always makes it on the news anytime it happens. Its a serious problem that a school known for the historic shooting that happened there is this careless about who enters through its doors. Had he gotten caught this would have made the news guaranteed. It also would have brought the subject back up around Littleton and those people deserve to have that stuff kept as much in the past as possible.

Plus "Columbiners" (I hate that term so fucking much lol) get enough shit in the media as is. Lets be honest guys, we gather here because we are interested in what was a merciless massacre of children. It doesn't make us bad people but its not something a lot of us are comfortable telling others. Shit like this makes us respectable researchers look like obsessive psychos. I'd love to travel to the memorial and walk around the outside of the school, but this is honestly a stupid move and more than a little disrespectful IMO.

Spot on!
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Istayaway1031 wrote:
I am logged in and still can't see link :/
That's because the original poster removed all the photos/videos he shared with the forum. They are no longer available for anyone to view.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Perhaps you are correct that if he had been caught he would have been in huge trouble, and it would have been big news.
I agree the school is sacred ground since people died there but seeing as it was used as a school again a few months after the shooting and the OP obviously felt an emotional connection to what happened there, I do not see what he did as disrespectful.
People travel to sites that aren't technically open to the public all the time.
Yes, you can be arrested for trespassing but since the OP's intent was innocent, I don't see what he did as harmful.
There are people out there mentally ill enough to try to recreate the shooting even all these years later but as it has been nearly 17 years, perhaps the school has methods in place to prevent such an occurrence.

Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 5:43 am

Sure lots of people visit closed off places all the time, but its still different when its a school. Sneaking into a place were parents send their minor children and expect them to be safe is wrong. Maybe its just the area I'm from but its taken very serious here. I was involved in two seperate IOC incidents in elementary and it wasnt fun. Its not right to put worry into students, staff, and law enforcement. They've got better things to do then remove a trespasser from a school because he wanted to see where a massacre happened. Mentally ill people trying to reenact the massacre are a whole different category than this. This type of trespassing is easily preventable. Shame on the school too for allowing it to happen. I don't want to sound rude or argue or nothing. The fact he snuck into a school (and Columbine of all places) just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of me at and inside Columbine.   Video of me at and inside Columbine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video of me at and inside Columbine.
Page 1 of 1