Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?

Go down 
+5
mattmatthew1337
tfsa47090
StinkyOldGrapes
Jenn
elia
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Empty
PostSubject: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Why not? Killing probably makes you thirsty I'd assume
Back to top Go down
elia

Contribution Points : 101238
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 pm

i think in their minds it gave them a sense of power...i mean, in that situation to stop and drink could seem to them that they have all the power they wanted...that no one could stop them and they were so powerful they could take the time the wanted....
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119333
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 pm

All of that screaming in the Library gave them sore, dry throats, I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I've only noticed Eric drink from one of the cups but I've heard Dylan did too but I haven't noticed on the tape at all of him doing that unless im not looking good enough does anyone know if it was just Eric or both of them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Pretty sure they were thirsty....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:38 pm

I agree with the whole sense of power. They had the whole world watching them and they could do what ever they want so it gave them pride and made them feel like the owned everyone's lives that day they could shoot that person or not. However I am not sure, but I never saw Dylan drink from the cups. I know Eric did.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

Contribution Points : 100147

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:50 am

All this talk about why they drank... no one's asked what they drank. Eric had a whole cafeteria of drinks to choose from, I'm interested in knowing which beverage he decided goes best with mass murder? What's a rampage killer's refreshment of choice?

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:25 am

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
All this talk about why they drank... no one's asked what they drank. Eric had a whole cafeteria of drinks to choose from, I'm interested in knowing which beverage he decided goes best with mass murder? What's a rampage killer's refreshment of choice?
I don't know why but that made me laugh. Looked like just water or soda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm

AceOfCards wrote:
I agree with the whole sense of power. They had the whole world watching them and they could do what ever they want so it gave them pride and made them feel like the owned everyone's lives that day they could shoot that person or not. However I am not sure, but I never saw Dylan drink from the cups. I know Eric did.
I agree with this also. Of course they were thirsty, but Eric's mannerisms are telling.

If you watch very closely on the cafeteria vid you can see Eric raise the drink up as if to toast their accomplishment just as Dylan is going to check on the propane bomb. A telling bit of body-language barely visible before the scene cuts out.

They owned the commons -- a place where they'd been humiliated for four years.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101613
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 pm

gustopoet wrote:
AceOfCards wrote:
I agree with this also. Of course they were thirsty, but Eric's mannerisms are telling.

If you watch very closely on the cafeteria vid you can see Eric raise the drink up as if to toast their accomplishment just as Dylan is going to check on the propane bomb. A telling bit of body-language barely visible before the scene cuts out.

They owned the commons -- a place where they'd been humiliated for four years.

I've seen quite a few people say that they believe it looks like Eric is sort of "toasting" with the cup he drinks from, and who knows, he may have indeed done that.

Personally, I don't think that's what he was doing. I think he was "talking with his hands" about something concerning the bombs whilst holding the cup...sort of pointing by moving his hand in a certain direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:

I've seen quite a few people say that they believe it looks like Eric is sort of "toasting" with the cup he drinks from, and who knows, he may have indeed done that.

Personally, I don't think that's what he was doing. I think he was "talking with his hands" about something concerning the bombs whilst holding the cup...sort of pointing by moving his hand in a certain direction.
I agree. I don't think he was literally toasting anything. He is talking with his hands, and probably is actually saying something to Dylan about the bombs, but his body language suggests a toast. Body language takes place largely at an unconscious level and communicates "beneath" normal conversation. So, no I don't think he was actually making a toast but that his body language shows him savoring a sense of power and accomplishment through the symbolic "toast" suggested by the way he gestures.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101613
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm

gustopoet wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

I agree. I don't think he was literally toasting anything. He is talking with his hands, and probably is actually saying something to Dylan about the bombs, but his body language suggests a toast. Body language takes place largely at an unconscious level and communicates "beneath" normal conversation. So, no I don't think he was actually making a toast but that his body language shows him savoring a sense of power and accomplishment through the symbolic "toast" suggested by the way he gestures.
Oh, yes, very good point. I think he did feel very much in control during that time. Anyone that was still in the cafeteria were hiding under tables and cowering in fear, and for all he and Dylan knew, might've even been dead or at least unconscious. So, there was nothing, (aside from perhaps the cops coming in) that had ANY sort of power over either of them at that particular time.
Back to top Go down
mattmatthew1337

Contribution Points : 96076

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:56 am

It doesn't seem like a hard question to answer. Why does anybody drink? Why did Dylan get french fry's before NBK? probably because he was hungry. The same reason why the two of them drank in the cafeteria, they were thirsty.
Back to top Go down
hopevicious

hopevicious

Contribution Points : 88177
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:26 am

On another topic I saw someone mention that they thought Eric may have taken a drink in an attempt to clear his throat after breaking his nose. I'd imagine that if it was bleeding badly as people say he probably had a lot of blood draining in the back of his throat and may have tried to wash it down with a drink. Which I think is an interesting theory and makes sense.

Or he could've just been thirsty. I'm sure all that walking around and yelling at people made his throat dry and/or sore, and I doubt in those final moments he even began to care about drinking out of someone else's cup or what he was drinking.

lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102738
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Eric in Dylan were not "in control" or "masters" of the commons at this moment.

Remember: they did not know SWAT would take 3 hours.  They thought SWAT would be there any minute.

Matthew Depew wrote:
Matthew then heard two voices yelling in the cafeteria. The voices were yelling such things as, "check the window" and "one's coming in." 002837-002838
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 4:24 am

I'm sure that that was just his way of having fun with the thought of drinking something one of their many scared, potential victims left behind.
Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95629
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Dominik528 wrote:
I'm sure that that was just his way of having fun with the thought of drinking something one of their many scared, potential victims left behind.
Does that make sense?

Ahmm thats an interesting point. I guess that in Eric's subconscious it could happen

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101897
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Given the time Eric and Dylan got up so early in the morning, I am not sure either put enough time into eating or drinking. They seemed rushed to get it done on that day especially with the threat of exposure that meant both could get arrested before any shots were fired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 pm

I think the answer is pretty straightforward. They drank because they were thirsty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 am

they were thirsty. nothing more to it.

you ever try hauling around two guns, two hundred rounds of ammo and a bunch of bombs? it makes you thirsty.

i guess if any of you guys done something similar you'd notice that effect. me and my friends go to the desert for recreational shooting alot. even just hauling one 9lb rifle and a few dozen cartridges will make you tired and thirsty after a half mile of walking. strangely hunger doesn't occur to you for a really long time, not until the end of the day. even if you didn't eat anything all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:45 pm

I don't think Eric was 'toasting' anything. They were both clearly going through a massive adrenaline dump after their activities outside and especially in the library. If he made a toast it was only because he still had hope in being able to detonate the bombs.

You have to remember his nose was broken and witnesses reported he was 'dazed' and 'wobbling', having to 'catch his balance' even before leaving the library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?   Why E/D drank in the cafeteria? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why E/D drank in the cafeteria?
Page 1 of 1