Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I'm going to die young "

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

"I'm going to die young " Empty
PostSubject: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:31 am

This is a video of Rachel's friends, nick and Sarah bay talking about how Rachel felt like she was going to die young
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99044
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 am

Read her diary entries as well. She was suicidal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 am

@juicy jazzy I have, I wonder why she felt so sad
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer

Rebdoomer

Contribution Points : 79878
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 am

I didn't know Rachel was suicidal. Interesting, I need to read her diary.

Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Istayaway1031 wrote:
@juicy jazzy I have, I wonder why she felt so sad
She was always a very social person but could never really spread her wings because she was a Christian. She couldn't go out and drink with her friends (mentioned in both her diary and in the book Rachel's Tears) and she couldn't even sleep with her boyfriends (she desperately wanted to, at least with Stephen Partridge, also mentioned in Rachel's Tears) because of it. And her constant doubts about God (in her diaries) probably added to the feeling. Add in both the fact that she had a strained relationship with both of her parents due to their divorce (according to Devon Adams she also hated her parents as they would often tease her) and the usual teen angst you get when going through high school, she probably found herself quite overwhelmed and understandably this comes out in her writing.

Her parents point to her diary as some sort of sign that she was prophesying her death at Columbine. But it's way more likely that Rachel was implying her own death by her own hands. Sad

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

@juicy jazzy good points! I can definitely see that. I have read some things of her diaries online but is there a physical book of them? I have Rachel tears.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Istayaway1031 wrote:
@juicy jazzy good points! I can definitely see that. I have read some things of her diaries online but is there a physical book of them? I have Rachel tears.
This website has a few pages. The family never released her full diaries, only snippets.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:14 pm

@JuicyJazzy,
I don't think that I can agree that Rachel was suicidal .
I do think she was depressed during certain periods of her life and because of certain situations.
I can say firsthand that trying to live a Christian life can be very difficult.

But overall I see her as a vibrant, positive, loving life type of person.

I believe that many of her depressed entries came from the foreboding feeling he was getting from God about her fate.
I sincerely believe she picked up on the fact she would die young on a spiritual level.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm going to die young "   "I'm going to die young " Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm going to die young "
Page 1 of 1